Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

S.A.F.

Canna Soil from Amazon

47 posts in this topic

People order compost all the time and it normally comes in a box dont sweat it.

@@Haddock Amazon don't bag their coco. Everything else was in the standard Amazon package but not the coco

Strange mine was boxed, i guess some companies box n some dont.

Just contact the seller and ask.....

Well I bit the bullet and ordered two bags. I thought it was a great price, works out at 22p a litre. Going to a safe addy so will update when they arrive. Looks like a bit of a lottery whether they're boxed or not.

I'm really looking for a bug free compost at a decent price so fingers crossed. Although after I ordered I read that because it's rich and peaty it's more than likely to have gnats in it!

Another nail in the coffin of the grow shops who got you started and are now dying on their feet

Amazon and Monsanto will kill the whole grow industry as we knew it

Boycott Amazon ... Your grow shop needs your business, Amazon couldn't give a fuck

7 people like this

My local grow shop charges £17 a bag for this stuff, pure Con.

1 person likes this

I was looking for a link lead recently. I found one at just over £2 from a grow shop. That's great I thought then I looked at delivery over £7 quid!

Anyway, the bags of canna soil arrived. Very quick delivery but not in a box or covered in any way. The thing is when you read the reviews and questions people who ordered this are growing all sorts. There were even some wondering why you would care if it's covered or not. It's just compost at the end of the day but use a safe addy if you're worried.

I'm really looking for a bug free compost at a decent price so fingers crossed. Although after I ordered I read that because it's rich and peaty it's more than likely to have gnats in it!

I microwave my soil mate. Never had a problem since I started that. . Bit of a nuisance and I tend to spill it everywhere plus you have to wait for it to cool down before you use it but no gnats or bugs coming out the soil.

2 people like this

Funnily enough I've been seriously considering this the past few days. I've always felt that it's overkill but when the little fuckers start flying around I wish I'd nuked them at the start. How much do you microwave at a time @@wigwag and for how long? Also, what compost do you use? I guess you could buy a cheaper compost if you know it's getting nuked.

I had springtails in the last bag I bought. I'd mist the soil and you'd see them jumping about. I think they're harmless but so annoying.

My local grow shop charges £17 a bag for this stuff, pure Con.

Your grow shop has to make slightly more profit so they can offer a choice that you can walk away with, they don't have the 100,000+ other stuff Amazon have keeping the business afloat and it's not there next day unless you pay the extra

Do you really begrudge people who are there to help you succeed in your illegal endeavour a few £ to live on?

Amazon should be boycotted by everyone, they're in this country to take all they can and contribute the least, you like working for minimum pay for those fuckers? No .....neither do the people who decided to risk all to put a grow shop near you

1 person likes this

Your grow shop has to make slightly more profit so they can offer a choice that you can walk away with, they don't have the 100,000+ other stuff Amazon have keeping the business afloat and it's not there next day unless you pay the extra

Do you really begrudge people who are there to help you succeed in your illegal endeavour a few £ to live on?

Amazon should be boycotted by everyone, they're in this country to take all they can and contribute the least, you like working for minimum pay for those fuckers? No .....neither do the people who decided to risk all to put a grow shop near you

Slightly more profit ?

£17 a bag is making at least 100% profit, probably more like %150 as the trade price will be £5 ish.

They don`t help me succeed in anything, they are there to sell me goods.... If they try to rip me off with massive markups I won`t buy from them. I regularly see them ripping off anybody they can, selling them stuff they dont need along with all the magic potions under the sun,

You think all the counter guys who work for the grow shop are not on NMW, or how about the guys packing the orders at the wholesalers, do you think they wont be on NMW ?

And for risk, its there business not mine.... If was such a risk they wouldnt have gotten into it, they make a fortune... Even more so when they are selling cuttings under the counter at £15 a pop.

Edited by sweetgrower
1 person likes this

It's £9 a bag at grow and harvest, I think delivery from them is about £6.50 if I remember rightly so if you buy 3 bags or more it is cheaper than Amazon ;) their customer service, packaging and delivery has been faultless every time I have ordered

Personally I have been using the UGRO dried compressed stuff at just under £11 for 70 litres. I was skeptical about it at first after using cheap compressed coco, but figured I would give it a go because It was branded and I've never looked back. The texture and consistency is as good as Canna and the E.C and PH has been within the ranges it should be every time I have checked. They are a lot more discreet too, even a well wrapped bag of soil looks like a bag of soil but these things are just a tidy little block that only weighs 5kg :)

1 person likes this

Funnily enough I've been seriously considering this the past few days. I've always felt that it's overkill but when the little fuckers start flying around I wish I'd nuked them at the start. How much do you microwave at a time @@wigwag and for how long? Also, what compost do you use? I guess you could buy a cheaper compost if you know it's getting nuked.

I had springtails in the last bag I bought. I'd mist the soil and you'd see them jumping about. I think they're harmless but so annoying.

I just use garden centre bought West land multi purpose but I'm not grower of great trees!

Microwave a Pyrex casserole dish for about 3 or 4 minutes until it's sort of warm.

It always worries me that there's a metal thing in there. Dunno why there would be but I'm a scaredy cat so I give it a little sift about with my fingers before it goes in.

The centre can get red hot so don't do it when it comes out!

1 person likes this

Mine came strutting down the road with it on his shoulder. I swear he also gave me knowing grin and nod. I was expecting it covered. I found the coco bricks from amazon were a lot more subtle

I order everything off amazon. I have prime and everything comes in huge amazon boxes nothing ever on show.