Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaoticnzymes

Additives that work? for soils

31 posts in this topic

Hey

What "additives" can and are best for using with organic branded soils such as Plant Magic supreme (this is what I purchased with OT nutes) the plethora of products with confusing names and little info has become a bit of a headache, what would you recommend? Whats already in the soil and nutes and doesn't need adding? Whats good and whats snake oil?

Cheers

I rate liquid seaweed extract and rootgrow granules myself

4 people like this

From the same range, the granules and bio silicon are a must,the bio wetter and catalyst are nice but cheaper alternatives are out there if money is tight.Make some Comfrey tea too if possible,its great stuff.

:hippy:

Gumbo.

2 people like this

Bio char, worm casting/hummous, mychoz, dried seaweed.

Goodness knows how many times I've re-used my soil now. Haven't bought any for a year or two anyway. Just ammend each time.

I've done entire flower cycles without using any feed, just water (though feed would have given an extra boost).

3 people like this

@@Gumbo yeah Ive heard comfrey mentioned before Ill look it up

Do you think a crushed up vitamin tablet well help if so which would be best? Multi or somthing like B vits and minerals

I was recommended myco max by the nuitrient company, they got a really intresting site and products, I don't have a good understanding of microbes bio stimulants fungi and bacteria, and really want something with everything in it, is this possible?

Don't worry too much about which Myco mix you use.

There is frequent changes in the local favourite but everyone will agree that using any of them has a huge effect of root health and growth.

You won't notice as much of a difference between them as you'd think.

Plant Magic Granules works for me, very well. But not claiming it's the best

And no to the vitamin tablet :)

2 people like this

On my first grow after a wee break and i ,m only using OT grow and bloom in PM soil this time after years of using bio silicon, root stimulator and granules and this is the most developed and quickest i ,ve rooted out pots yet :yahoo: and the thickest stems i ,ve seen since my very first grow which was the last time i never used any of the above 3 products! :doh: it could be the genetics but personally i think its down too the 3 products listed above being snake oil , a total waste of cash, grow and bloom is all you need and with regular pot ups you hardly even need the grow , less is better imo :spliff:

6 people like this

I agree Bill. Although rootgrow/granules are a very good product aslong as you let your water sit for a day or two to evaporate chlorine, as this will kill the beneficial microlife in the soil.

Edited by JustaGenerousPerson
1 person likes this

I never let my water sit either , if its ok for me to drink from the tap its ok for the plants ;) , plus i seem to remember Oldtimer saying he uses water straight from the tap so that,s good enough for me but each to their own :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Yeah like I said I dont have a great deal of understanding whats what and the processes but I have a feeling most of the additives are natural forming in the soil and plant anyway. I do think plants need more than just 3 elements (NPK) and these are just bare essentials whats already available in the soil and OT nutes I dont know I couldnt find much info on it. For now myco powder is on the list

1 person likes this

Letting water sit allows it to reach room temperature, which won't shock the roots when you water.

1 person likes this

Letting water sit allows it to reach room temperature, which won't shock the roots when you water.

or you could just add some hot water from the tap to bring it to room temp then you don,t need to let it sit :wassnnme:

3 people like this

Would you drink hotwater aswell lol

1 person likes this