Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kaoticnzymes

Soil Air injection does it work ?

18 posts in this topic

has anybody tried it ? I have been getting extra air to my roots for years simply by having a big hole in the bottom of my final pot covered by a small pot full of holes. keeping the pots off the floor and having good airflow is working well for me. I remember getting into an argument on here about how well it worked I hope whoever he was is growing as well as me still. do you like gadjects or KISS    happy days   Muddy

13 minutes ago, mudman123 said:

has anybody tried it ? I have been getting extra air to my roots for years simply by having a big hole in the bottom of my final pot covered by a small pot full of holes. keeping the pots off the floor and having good airflow is working well for me. I remember getting into an argument on here about how well it worked I hope whoever he was is growing as well as me still. do you like gadjects or KISS    happy days   Muddy

yeah iv tried it, its been around the forums for years but it makes no difference at all, theres plenty of oxygen in each feed and if your top feeding the water pouring through the medium draws extra air into the root system

Iv recently turned to fabric pots and they have made a difference,  I used to mainly use square plastic hydro pots but side by side the fabric pots are smashing it,  the roots don't spiral they grow straight out totally filling the fabric pots and my yields have increased,  something so simple has made all the difference

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

An alternative way to get more oxygen to the roots if the plant needs it is to use 3% hydrogen peroxide [Food Grade only] usually at about 3ml/1ltr. One "volume" of hydrogen peroxide yields ten "volumes" of oxygen. There are many other benefits from using H202 in the substrate. Doesn't affect the ph in anyway either. I agree that Smart pots and air pots are pretty good for this too. DWC has always used extra air flow to oxygenate the water supply, probably why it can be so successful.

Edited by Vanilla Gorilla