Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MuffinMan

Rate your last watched Movie

5,703 posts in this topic
20 minutes ago, Boojum said:

I liked the early ones when I was a kid. Ursula Andress emerging from the water in Dr No will always hold a special place in my adolescent fantasies lol And I still think Goldfinger is a superb film, absolute hokum but that was kinda the point, not to be taken seriously. I think as utter hokum the early Bond films were great :) Donald Pleasence as Ernst Stavro Blofeld with his cat in You Only Live Twice, one of the best movie villains ever :) (named after the father of Test Match Special's Henry Blofeld :) ) But then they started taking themselves too seriously.  

i've probably seen most of the old ones under duress, and Golden Eye was a great on the SNES (never seen the film though lol)

I hope Tom Hardy tells them to fuck off tbh lol

Now an Alfie Solomons prequel would be ace :yep:

4 people like this

8 minutes ago, Joolz said:

Now an Alfie Solomon prequel would be ace :yep:

Now we’re talking. :yep:

‘You crossed the line Alfie” :notworthy:

Edited by bartman
3 people like this

14 minutes ago, Joolz said:

i've probably seen most of the old ones under duress, and Golden Eye was a great on the SNES (never seen the film though lol)

I hope Tom Hardy tells them to fuck off tbh lol

Now an Alfie Solomons prequel would be ace :yep:

Tom Hardy as Alfie Solomon fucking rules :notworthy:

And Goldeneye was a shit film, but an awesome game :notworthy: The original console FPS deathmatch (and one of the first FPS games that had hit location, before it the Doom style games you just shot at the enemy and it was a hit, but Goldeneye was the first FPS game I remember playing where a shot in the head was an instant kill (unless the enemy is wearing a helmet, in which case you shot the helmet off then then could do a headshot), a shot in the leg made them fall over, a shot at the arm that's holding the gun made them drop the gun etc. After Wolfenstein 3d and Doom probably the most important and influential FPS game ever :)

E2A Had the first proper sniper rifle cos of the hit location thing, picking off the enemy from afar with headshots through the sniper scope :)

Edited by Boojum
3 people like this

5 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Tom Hardy as Alfie Solomon fucking rules

Yeah man. :eat:

But as far as Bond goes? You crossed a line there Boojum. 

lol 

3 people like this

I'm a line-crosser, you should know that about me by now lol

We don't need no steenking lines lol

4 people like this

free willy i was fukin glued to the screen..:hippy:  + the dope is doing grand.... :pugwash:

1 person likes this

Gemini Man.  Will smith action film.

Not bad, 7/10 easy watching, good action. 

Pretty sure it was a book before it was a film, that or it's based on a very similar storyline to something I've read before.

A bit like The Jason Bourne books but no where near as good.  The original Bourne trilogy (the books) are in my all time favorite reads.

1 person likes this

Not really rating my last movie, more the movie I'm about to watch (again).

Twelve Monkeys is on the BBC Iplayer :)

10/10

One of my favourite films ever :)

Quite pertinent arond now.

I confess the nasty, misanthrope part of me always gives a quiet cheer at the end when he takes the top off the sample...

6 people like this

If you can handle it watch back-to-back with Terry Gilliam's other dystopian masterpiece - Brazil :notworthy:

1 person likes this

My Little Pony : The Movie . After a dark force conquers Canterlot, the Mane 6 embark on an unforgettable journey beyond Equestria where

they meet new friends and exciting challenges on a quest to use the magic of friendship to save their homeland. 10/10 .

2 people like this

The Australian Dream - documentary on iPlayer about Aussie rules MVP Adam Goodes. Pre BLM film on racism in Australia. Excellent watch 

2 people like this

Re-watched the Jeremy Dyson & Andy Nyman film Ghost Stories on the BBC iPlayer. It got great reviews but TBH I still think it's underpants. Maybe a bit scary if you've never read any short horror stories in your entire life, and found M Night Shyamalan a bit spooky and didn't realise Bruce Willis was dead right from the start lol

1/10.

Not just underpants. Big purple Y fronts.

hunger 2008.  really hard to watch but great film 9/10

1 person likes this

Unhinged - Russel Crowe takes road rage to the next level. Pretty good film I enjoyed it, il give it an 8 /10.

3 people like this

Love and Monsters.  Nice little afternoon flick if you're into giant man-eating insects. :rofl: