Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gardenking69

grow cupboard advice

17 posts in this topic

So I have a cupboard thing I want to grow in just to veg clones and seeds ect so here gos

First problem is it all concrete like walls same as every wall in my house how can I put in shelves ect as every time I drill it just bends or snaps my drill bits and yes they are masonry drill bits ?

Second i was thinking of useing my spear 150watt mh/hps if I decided to do a auto in aswell at some point

what would you guys use in a space that is 2.2m tall 45cm deep and 70cm wide ?

Thanks in advance

Bless

Have you got a hammer drill? If so buy better masonry bits.

That's pretty much the same dimensions as my drobe but taller. For flowering I'd use a 250 or a 400 but the 400 would need to be up at the top of the space to avoid overheating the canopy. You will get more even coverage with the 400 set up like that than a 250 lower down imo.

1 person likes this

Just a standard drill but its old and was free as I broke my hammer drill last year and yh think thats it shit drll bits as its just an aray of old drill bits aswell

I was only thinking 150 as its mainly gonna be for clones and maybe a bonzi mummy or 2

got a different place for flowering was just thinking of doing an auto in there for the fun of growing it lol

@@~nobody~

Bless

I ran a grow in almost exactly the same size cupboard: https://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=357673&hl=

You may just get away with a 400w through winter though I ran with a 250w in summer, my 4 inch extract was at the limit when the sun hit us for high temps so I would be looking at a 5" fan and short filter to match, a 150w should be fine given a regular 5" extract. Tis much easier and just as cheap to get a half decent 1m tent in all honesty though you should easily hit around 6oz + with a 250w if you train 2-4 plants pretty well. By the time I had done modding out the area I could have easily got a 1m tent for just a little more cash. Another issue is draft proofing the door to maintain negative pressure, the door was warped on my cupboard so I had to build up multiple layers of draft excluder and finish off with a 'D' or 'P' strip seal to prevent light leaks too.

Just working on setting up this small space as a veg/clone/mother area as its more suited, if you really must flower plants in there 2-4 plants in 6 or 10 litre pots is most suited depending on grow medium as you can use smaller pots with coco, I ran 5 in coco with 6 litre pots and things got a little crowded, a scrog net would do much better.

Also consider holes in the door, airflow in/out of the room and humidity, I ended up with an 80mm pc fan bringing air in and a 100mm blowing upwards into the canopy, another 100mm recirculating would have been better, I just put basic vents over the top of holes in the door with a filter on the inlet to stop bugs and dust coming in.

Also bear in mind you may want to pull it all apart at a later date should you have visitors, a house inspection or similar.

1 person likes this

Just a standard drill but its old and was free as I broke my hammer drill last year and yh think thats it shit drll bits as its just an aray of old drill bits aswell

You've no chance without a hammer drill ime. Even with good bits you'll be there for hours.

1 person likes this

@@Indicaderek thanks for that and @@~nobody~ yh I think I will have to ask my mates ect and find a hammer drill some were

Thanks alot its very aprecated

Bless

Forget the drilling - there's some pretty amazing glue available now!

1 person likes this

That concrete must be hard mate, though after reading you haven't got a hammer function, then Nobody's got it, you'll be there forever, tool hire for a day? get something with beef then coupled with tungsten carbide bits and it'll eat it :yep :

@@bearukc yh I like the idea but am paranoid that i will come back and the shelves be on floor with crushed clones and compost all over at least if I drill and screw it then I got peace of mind lol

Bless

Forget the drilling - there's some pretty amazing glue available now!

Evo-Stik - 'Sticks Like Sh*t' is some very sticky stuff!!!!

You're not planning on doing pull ups over your plants are you? :clown:

Thanks @@scrapheapcowboy built my shelves ect and used the evo sticks like shit and must say I am amazed it hold my weight only stood there for a second but if it can hold me my plants are no problem lpl

Bless

1 person likes this

@@gardenking69

I used the similar stuff from b&q to stick up the blackout blinds in our bedroom after having the same problem trying to drill into the lintel above the window

i never trusted glue either, 'til then........ :yes:

@@stu914 I love glue now lol

Bless

1 person likes this

Anyone got ideas how to stop light leaks from round my door ????

@~nobody~@Indicaderek@bearukc@botanics@scrapheapcowboy@stu914

Bless