Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snapback11snapback

Transplant, light cycle problems?

18 posts in this topic

Hi I have recently transplanted my clones into my system and didn't notice until now that most of the new growth is one leaf leaves! There's two leaf leaves, three etc but only 5 leafs leaves at the bottom!. I have researched and all I can find is that it is down to stressing the plants out to much... Has anyone come across this? Any advice ?. Thanks. I do no know how to upload pics in the forum but they are uploaded on my profile of that helps.

It's freaky that. Defo seems stressed or, what on earth did you clone?

What we're the clone living conditions before and now? I can't really advise, but I'm interested to see what this is.

Sounds like they are re - vegging. Were the clones taken from a flowering plant?

I'm confused!, the re vegging sounds like the most viable explanation. I took the cutting a week into flowering?.. But I have done this before without these results. They where under a cfl light while rooting with high humidity and are now in veg room under a 600hps. Around 24 to 26 Celsius its humidity around 40%

They are gonna act weird when reverting and may not behave the same each time. It's not the best to take a cutting in flower.. cuttings are best taken in veg as far as I understand.

Edited by LovinTheBeans

Probably re - vegging then mate. They'll be fine, just give them a bit of time.

So, if you're interested and didn't already know...

When a plant is vegging it starts with single leaves and increases them up to however many (7/9/11...) depending on strain. When a plant flowers it does the reverse and starts putting out new leaves with fewer than the last until it is down to single leaves. So when you re-veg you start out with a single leaf again and they'll increase.

I have a few girls re - vegging. I left them for around 2 weeks though and they took forever to start growing normal leaves again. Not something I'd do again if I have a choice.

Ye after research it does seem a better option to take clones from a vegging plant.

1 person likes this

Maybe grow a cutting into a mother and keep her in stasis... Constant supply of good cuts whenever you want them :)

Yea mate, only take clones from a flowering plant if you have to.

So leave them as they are and crack on? As this is only my second attempt every little thing is a red alert. But your advise, as you have been through it has reassured me!! Cheer mate.

Yep! They'll come around in their own time :)

No worries dude, we were all the same on our early grows :)

Cool, also this is the start of the second week they where under 18/6 light but today I have changed to 20/4 will this make a difference in there process of converting back or...? Once again cheers mate.

Cool, also this is the start of the second week they where under 18/6 light but today I have changed to 20/4 will this make a difference in there process of converting back or...? Once again cheers mate.

Yea in theory the more light you give them the quicker they should revert. Some people might say to chuck it on 24 hours of light. Others say it is better to have a break in there. I think 20/4 should work fine though :yep:

Awesome mate thanks!!!

1 person likes this

i think i read somewhere 24/0 is better for revegging