Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreenVision

Old Skool.

44 posts in this topic

I use to get the Thai for 90 chocolate Thai sometimes aswell the brown block weed is sometimes rubbish and full of seeds but iv seen other versions of it that are some crazy high grade brown sativa gets called yard weed round my way.

Edited by jimmyhendrix

As the thread is swinging from south america via se asia to west africa, anyone any idea of anything that might be similar to 'african bush'. Coconutty smell and very sharp sticks, late 80s/early 90s. Nothing like Durban Poison. Not much to go on i know, only looking to find siomething close. Keep looking at serious seeds serious six, anyone tried this?

The seeds of Africa look nice and your right its not durban I think it is African tho got knows where looks like it came over up a hippos arse its so old and brown I still love it tho.

thank god u didn't tell me its 60% rubber like the last old school treat i enquired about ;)

lol memory lane again... i remember the african an thai gigly as,and tasted shit,havnt seen in donkies! wouldnt mind thou just for old times sake.Have been looking on RSC of late..

kind regards hd

They say so mate. I have heard of traveling growers looking for the old skool original's going to regions of Africa.

An old high times book I had said Africa was a lost heaven for Cannabis breeders, not sure how much truth is in it but it make sense. That type of weed was very low maintenance in terms of growing, so some empty baron waste land / jungle in Africa makes sense, plus it was still very much criminal organised back then so like I say, Africa makes sense.

Why would an 80's / 90's group in Columbia produce masses of weed worth thousands when they have the ability to produce more valuable crops. GV.

I think if you want to try a West African strain then there's a Ghanian one avaliable probably another long flowering sat.

Africa is a big place, plenty of room and different climates and cultures to have a load of different weeds, which indeed there are, but as far as I know weed comes from Asia originally so not all of Africa has longstanding Cannabis culture in the same way as a lot of Asia.

I used to get what was said to be Colombian weed back in the late 80's it wasn't African bush and it wasn't Thai.

1 person likes this

@@The_Moog

Well west Africa is in a brilliant location as far as water bound smugglers are concerned.

Maybe the weed of that time was more African than I knew, because it tended to look like it had just come straight out of the back side of an elephant.

Would be nice to have a little now and then though, for old times. I always keep a keen ear out for some old skool red or gold seal but that's even rarer these days. GV.

I'd love to know what I was smoking when I stayed in North East America for a while back in 99. It looked like shit, if we'd bought it over here we'd have called it "Afro Bush" back in the day, stalky, compressed and seeded. But fucking hell, it knocked me sideways, and I had a good tolerance....I felt almost as if I was tripping. I'd like to try some old skool stuff, don't care how good it is when compared to "modern" offerings, just for old times sake. Good thread this, it's giving me some inspiration. :yes:

Ive always had a nagging suspicion that some imported brickweed, including some of this 'thai' or jamaican' is actually moroccan, perhaps already threshed for hash or just low grade crops. That would support the african theory.

2 people like this

On 08/03/2015 at 8:54 AM, Guest Morten Arthursson said:

Cant help you there m8,made me think of how many seeds i must have thrown away though 1978 onwards... :shock:

On 08/03/2015 at 9:56 PM, bigganjabud said:

Thai weed was all over round by me recently fuckin kgs of it red string blue string green string white string pink string ffs it was everywhere just ask about near you fella id suggest askin for thai or mersh ask around bookie shops or afro barbers mate it seems to be the jamaican fellas that still smoke and sell it round ere anyway

On 08/03/2015 at 0:51 PM, stonerwizard said:

I have a 35mm film canister full of seeds from weed I smoked when working shooting in Hati and The Dominican Republic. I got the weed from a guy who grew it out there from the seeds he had been getting from his and his neighbour's weed.

In the past I would have been pissed off with the amount of seeds in it but every one was piced out and kept :)

I'm just waiting for the right time to run them as I am assuming they are Sativa dominant.

Wizard :oldtoker:

Does any one remember the brick weed some people called it stick and seed. It was pressed together  I don't know if it was columbian or African but it was stativa and made me laugh so hard I've been chasing that high for over 30 years

On 10/03/2015 at 7:22 PM, Captain Bonglington said:

I'd love to know what I was smoking when I stayed in North East America for a while back in 99. It looked like shit, if we'd bought it over here we'd have called it "Afro Bush" back in the day, stalky, compressed and seeded. But fucking hell, it knocked me sideways, and I had a good tolerance....I felt almost as if I was tripping. I'd like to try some old skool stuff, don't care how good it is when compared to "modern" offerings, just for old times sake. Good thread this, it's giving me some inspiration. :yes:

That's the same stuff I smoked in the UK. my best high ever. it looked like hard Dried  cow shit with sticks and seeds compressed in it 

More probable to be African than COlumbian. Columbian and Mexican weed goes straight to the USA.

WHy would they bother with the cost of freighting it over to Europe to pass a dozen borders when they can lob it over the Mexican border fence.

Some of the west African weed ive smoked in the past has been dynamite, looked like floor sweepings but blew my brains out.It was meant to be Malawi, but I think a lot of stuff from further south was passed off as it, and there are so many bullshitters it could have been from Peckham. 

Posted (edited)

I can remember imported stuff from 91/92 looked shit(pressed into bricks) smelled quite shit too, but the high was outstanding... Like a warm cuddly acid trip

Riddled with seeds as well... If only I had the vision... 

Edited by grotbags

19 hours ago, Landrace-seeds said:

Does any one remember the brick weed some people called it stick and seed. It was pressed together  I don't know if it was columbian or African but it was stativa and made me laugh so hard I've been chasing that high for over 30 years

I know someone who's still got some buried up in the woods from easy 25 years ago and some slate ,housing and road widening and his shit mermory it will stay there .

i use to use it as baccy to lay the princess over it .

looking back what a waste of the princess .