Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stonerwizard

SMSCOM Hybrid and fan speed question

30 posts in this topic

Hi all I'm looking to invest in a few bits of gear for a 2x600w grow now for a space just over the 1.2 x 2.4 tent size with almost room hight but when i move i may have a larger area but will still only ever use the two 600's

I am very interested in the smscom hybrid to control the environment, i understand it can take a bit of tweeting the controls to get it just right. I am planning on getting a 10in extract with an 8in intake. will these be ok run at around 40% most of the time with it being winter?

I would love avoid buying twice as getting things past Mrs Wizard is getting harder and harder lol so even though i might be able to go passive with the 10in on that space the 10in and 8in will be perfect for the "on suit" in the new place which will be a larger area as i struggle to get about very well.

Im planning on rhino pro for the filter.

Thanks

Wizard :oldtoker:

No hum mate,I've done my bollocks on this and that over the years but the SMS is sweet as.

3 people like this

i hear the hybrid does not humm but i have the normal one9sms smart controller) it does humm on my etaline wizad, like icki says hybrid is supposed to be good, make one for half the price though pretty easily, and imo better the the hybrid

atb hari

I'm planning on upgrading to a hybrid aswell currently using a smscom single controller with thermostat all smscom units are really easy to use you just set the fan speed and the maximum temp you want it at and if goes over maximum temp the fans kick at 100% till the temps are back down I wouldn't do without one now saves loads of hassle

i've got an 8 amp i use for a 10inch out and 6inch in. You'll be fine lad. Make sure you get the pro one too

1 person likes this

Ive got a 4amp one. Great bit of kit imo

I have 10in extract & 6in intake. I turn off my intake through winter tho, helps keep the heating bill for the gro room down a little

1 person likes this

thanks for the input everyone

Hybrid is the nuts, I use 8" out and 5" in with 2 x 600w, albeit I could do with a 6" in

Even in the Great " heatwave of 2014" I never went above 28c with outside at 24c

1 person likes this

I'm sold :) it's now in the basket online till a cheque from a client clears.

Although I think I'll have to make a few purchasers as a pallet turning up here WILL be on top lol

1 person likes this

@@drtiny 24°C a heatwave? We had 30°C+ days many times in summer 2014. It was 24°C here during the day on Halloween the other month. :rofl: Oh how I love the south coast. :D

The SMSCOM is a great piece of kit. It can take some fiddling to get right, but its well worth it.

3 people like this

Heatwave for Scotland! lol I'll get my coat.....

1 person likes this

I have seen they now to the all in one hybrid where the lights and fans are all controled by one unit.

It seemed a good idea at first but I was thinking that if for some reason a light trips the fuse your fans will die too so I'll avoid that.

1 person likes this

I have seen they now to the all in one hybrid where the lights and fans are all controled by one unit.

It seemed a good idea at first but I was thinking that if for some reason a light trips the fuse your fans will die too so I'll avoid that.

Plus the all in one doesn't do the humidity function at lights off

1 person likes this

Been looking at getting a simple 4.5amp smscom twin controller (not hybrid). Was going to start a separate thread but saw this and thought I'd ask on here hope you don't mind @@stonerwizard...

The original mk1 and the new mk2 version are exactly the same price at my local hydro store but the guy there couldnt tell me the difference lol

Which would you go for??

e2s

Edited by iBlazeDaily

Been looking at getting a simple 4.5amp smscom twin controller (not hybrid). Was going to start a separate thread but saw this and thought I'd ask on here hope you don't mind @@stonerwizard...

The original mk1 and the new mk2 version are exactly the same price at my local hydro store but the guy there couldnt tell me the difference lol

Which would you go for??

e2s

Imo always get the latest and most updated version

Edit to say after looking at smscom website the mk2 has a max fan speed additional over the mk1

Edited by drtiny
2 people like this