Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kane

high humidty how to reduce?

High guys

Right im currently growing in a lil wardrobe under a 250 hps im in 3rd week in flower and my humidty is around 50/60 how can i lower this i have a 4" rvk outake n lil clip fan and a 4"inch hole with duct as intake could i get some of them damp trap things in the drobe n at each end of intake duct would this help do u no?

Thanks

pf

Damp traps, increased extraction and increased temp will all reduce humidity. But at this time of year, you'll always be dealing with the ambient humidity, which is very high.

1 person likes this

Dehumidifier from argos, £30...

That's the difference between professionals and non-professionals, the plants will grow to their full potential with the right humidity at the right stages in life

1 person likes this

Although seriously how wet is your soil/medium to have that high humidity under a hps, they are notorious for drying out the air compared to other lights, do you have your feed bucket in there or something? if you do, remove it from the room + when you go to feed, put bucket in bath and run outside under hot water to warm the feed up before feeding so you don't shock the plants with cold feed

1 person likes this

Relative humidity is at 93% today (south England). Unless you can dry the air in your drying room you're weed will take months to dry, if it will dry at all.

As @@SensiKey has mentioned, a dehumidifier is perfect for lowering RH but you really need to keep a sharp eye on things as they can dry the weed out too quickly. Some dehumidifiers allow you to set the RH to a % level you want. These are ideal.

2 people like this

I use a de humidifier from start to finish. In this country there is no way round it. I increased extraction, used a forced intake, but still had 70% rh , so my humidifier keeps it at 45% rh ;) I leave it on through drying process also. I actually own 2 as where I am it's pretty much water instead of air lol

1 person likes this

I use a de humidifier from start to finish. In this country there is no way round it. I increased extraction, used a forced intake, but still had 70% rh , so my humidifier keeps it at 45% rh ;) I leave it on through drying process also. I actually own 2 as where I am it's pretty much water instead of air lol

under my 600w hps in a 1x1m sq tent with 2 x 4" inlet ducts with no fans to bottom of the window and 5" extraction to top, i get <= 20% RH, even on rainy days? different lights dry out the air more than others, hps is notorious for drying the air out, hence another reason why to use hps in 12/12 and a MH for veg?

Doesn't dry air make them more resinous and crystaline in the last few weeks?

Edited by SensiKey
1 person likes this

Cheers guys i will try damp traps n maybe a dehumidifier but thier noisy thats the only prob were wld i put it? At the end of intake duct?

Cheers guys i will try damp traps n maybe a dehumidifier but thier noisy thats the only prob were wld i put it? At the end of intake duct?

i'd say bang on dead centre of the room personally, the plants sweat moisture as well

1 person likes this

I cant mate as i only have a tiny area i growing in