Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FirstLoveFirstGrow

YoYo light hangers - Am I just being retarded?

19 posts in this topic

High again guys,

My yoyo light hangers just arrived, and considering how simple the idea of them is I'm thinking it's probably just me being retarded...

When I pull the black string to the required length, then tighten the bolt again - the black string will still retract?

As my reflector hasn't arrived yet I can't test them with it..

The pack came with no instructions,

2 screw in hooks and 2 little hook/bolt's presumably for attaching to the roof and reflector..

Anyone else had this issue?

I've maybe been sent faulty ones?

Edited by FirstLoveFirstGrow

watch the bit when you slide the string up through the groove thang mate in the first 20 seconds

Edited by Jimboo

There shite mate imo i swapped mine out for chains

4 people like this

I think I've ended up with some cheap remake of them, the ones in the video don't seen to retract one he's tightened his wing nut things.. and to get the cords to stay in place means you need to be quite forceful to stop it bloody retracting again, also in the video and the ones I have, there's a plastic screwable part at the bottom he seems to do something with but it's all over so quickly..

Chain and hooks are looking like a better option, yes

Rope Ratchets :yep:

8 people like this

Had a few and they are temprimental for staying where you want

I use s hooks for kitchen wall hangers from that Swedish does everything store

One of my yoyos conked out after minimum use, now use rope ratchets.

After browsing many threads, It seems a lot of people have had the same problem...

Not sure what exactly is the issue but i'll continue playing with them until I get something better..

Also as my reflector hasn't arrived yet, I'm only able to hang "test objects" for now but still they won't "lock" on any height,

Does anyone know the brand of the original, decent ones? - I'm guessing my unbranded, no instruction set are a cheap chinese knock-off..

They'll be fine with a shade hanging off em.

But ultimately chains are what I use.

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt

Rope Ratchets :yep:

:yep: feking great bit o kit!

3 people like this

Mine work fine, you just adjust the wingnuts once to the required friction & leave them afaik. They should allow movement up or down with the light staying where it is put.

Chains for.me to...

Thanks again for all the swift replies!

I'll report back once my reflector has arrived and I've played around with them and if not, chain/rachet will be my next option!

(couldn't resist one more play around with them, tied a basket and put in some extra weight and they seemed to stay..

again will report back once the reflect. arrives etc.)

Edited by FirstLoveFirstGrow

Had no problems with the ones I got from Greens three years ago.

The one at the same end of the reflector as the bulb needs to be tighter than the other, but I can easily raise the light without adjusting them. It is only when I need to put the back down to it's original position do I need to loosen them off a little.

I didnt use the groove thing shown in the vid (unaware they existed), but they still worked. Perhaps because parabolics are so light?