Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baller18791

600+400w or 1000w

Hi there i have a 400w mh bulb on at the moment and would like to add another light in the tent either adding a 600w or a 1000w and taking out the 400w

4 Plants

Tent - 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m

Temp - 18c in tent and 25c at canopy lights on and 15c lights off

intake fan - 6" rvk fan bringing in cold air from outside

clay pebbles

2x 90litre oxy pot bubblers with 2 plants sitting in each

is anyone using a 1000w in this size tent ?

or even a 600w and a 400w ?

What's more important light coverage or penetration.

2 lamps will give you a better corner to corner coverage but the 1000w will give deeper penetration.

I'd go for the 1000w in 1.2m tent...

RR

1 person likes this

I've just finished some using a 400 dual spec hung vertically under a 600 super red hung vertically. was very pleased with the results, especially the quality and density of the side buds.

1 person likes this

1000w :yep:

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

@@Baller18791 Yes I,am using a 1000watt in the same size tent,first attempt tho but all seems good,pics in my gallery.

You dont mention your extraction? Ive got a 6" for extraction and a 5" drawing air in from within the house.

Your light off temps are too low,get them above 20 degrees and lights out.

Goodluck :yep:

1 person likes this

I agree those temps seem a bit low mate. You want around 24°c with your lights on. And as close to that as possible when they're off. Ts1

Edited by lambrettats1
1 person likes this

Another vote for the 1000w

1 person likes this

What's more important light coverage or penetration.

2 lamps will give you a better corner to corner coverage but the 1000w will give deeper penetration.

I'd go for the 1000w in 1.2m tent...

RR

yeah i was thinking the more coverage would help yield especially where the 600 and 400 cross over?

plus im using a 400w now with the light placed about 10 inches away dont know if a air cooled reflector might be better than just getting a 1000w w/ open reflector as ive let them grow abit too much on the 10th week veg from seed

pics later on today

I've just finished some using a 400 dual spec hung vertically under a 600 super red hung vertically. was very pleased with the results, especially the quality and density of the side buds.

vertically hmm sounds interesting what was your setup like and yield ?

@@Baller18791 Yes I,am using a 1000watt in the same size tent,first attempt tho but all seems good,pics in my gallery.

You dont mention your extraction? Ive got a 6" for extraction and a 5" drawing air in from within the house.

Your light off temps are too low,get them above 20 degrees and lights out.

Goodluck :yep:

yeah their looking great mate

how long did you veg for ?

extraction i got a rhino filter connected to a 6inch ruck van

yeah i managed to get the lights off to 20c just gotta close the ducting all the time no prob though

btw are you having problems using that reflector, not much room left in height ?

1 person likes this

@@Baller18791

Hi

43 days veg from seed buddy,& theres still a fair bit of height left for the light.

1 person likes this

vertically hmm sounds interesting what was your setup like and yield ?

I was experimenting, half my tent was a diagonal scrog which produced about 4 1/2 oz, the other half of my tent I had 4 plants in 10 litre pots, they produced just short of 10 oz, I reckon I can get nine in there around the light, so with the right strains I reckon 20 plus is easily manageable. i went pretty basic, as i was experimenting a bit, was just a basic coco a + b regime, with a bit of pk. so nothing to fancy. will be tweeking things for my next grow, diferent pots, nutes, and no scrog, lol.