Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clay Davis

Grasshopper Vaporiser, the portable we've been waiting for?

88 posts in this topic

Looks amazing!!

I am in market for another portable. My Volcano is my go to kit at home BUT my Iolite is very nice when out and about but I really have to work hard 5-10 mins to vape the whole lot and get high...besides its few years old so probably will go in near future.

Was holding on for new ascent (once they iron out problems)...but this is a contender...no way am I rich enough to believe that this is going to be as good as they say...sorry Im a little cynical...

1 person likes this

Just a little update on this one, because I received a PM from @@trichead and for anyone interested.. By the way they have a site with a blog so just check for that @@trichead :yep:

The campaign finished on December 15th with a total of $365,975 and are due to be shipped Feburary 14th, but we'll see how that one goes. Be nice if it was ready for my first crop of cured buds at the end of Feb :yes:

I've confirmed my options with them (Stainless steel Grasshopper, stainless steel smell proof case, water pipe adaptor, 2 x spare batteries & a spare charger) so it's just waiting now- there's not been a lot of communication and I'm sure that's a good thing (they have over 2000 units to produce for the campaign).

There's also a new usage video which I'll link to, but hopefully come March I'll be able to post up a full review in this thread! :yinyang:

4 people like this

Hearing a lot of buzz about this product, any idea when it will be available to buy in the UK? I'll be interested to see what @@vapefiend has to say about it.

1 person likes this

Nope not in the UK as yet fellas.. Predictably, the date's been pushed back but I expected that from a kickstarter and would rather they got it right the first time round. They'll be available to buy shortly after the kickstarter units have shipped on their website apparently. Heres to hoping they deliver on the promise ;) They seem to have the right attitude anyway:

"Our estimated delivery date has been moved to April. You contributed for a revolutionary vaporizer, and we won’t be satisfied with delivering anything less than that"

Here's a paragraph from another recent email, they're sending bi-monthly(ish) emails now:

"The Grasshopper is moving along steadily. Over the last 13 days, we’ve placed preliminary battery orders, smoothed out details with the charging circuit, and made solid progress in manufacturing. We’ve also finished adding fast-charging support for all major USB charger brands. If you have a high-current USB charger, you’ll be able to take full advantage of it’s power to charge your Hopper in 20 minutes or less!

Required tooling is on-order, and production-ready parts will be arriving this month. We‘ve encountered some problems with manufactures not meeting our specifications, and this is a major time-sink for us. Due to the optimized design of the Hopper, there is no room for mistakes. Every dimension on every piece is critical to the proper assembly and functioning of the device. We’ve pushed machining tolerances to the limit to achieve the size and performance, and getting every part perfect in a batch of 4,000 has proved to be serious challenge.

We wish things could happen faster, and we are trying our absolute best to prevent another delay. But we remain committed to delivering a great product above all else. When the Grasshopper ships, you will not be disappointed"

:yinyang:

Edited by Clay Davis
2 people like this

Aprils not far away bud hopfly they dont keep puttin it back

1 person likes this

I think they've put it back again. I might be wrong, but I'm sure on the updates it looks like it could be closer to June :(

It's a pain having to wait, but hope it will be worth it when they finally do get them produced and shipped out

this interests me a lot ..i just missed the initial batch ..but im on the wait list

1 person likes this

as above missed the 1st lot but on the list

i dont expect it to be any time soon tho

looks like a very stealthy unit but also like it packs a punch at the same time

1 person likes this

An updates on this boys, any one used one yet

1 person likes this

@Al Swearengen

Just had a look at vapefiend's site and there's no mention of it being in stock there, must be here pretty soon tho mate

I really fancy one of these, esp at that price

atb

stu

Me too Stu , need something stealthy for Herbs and bubble. Been looking at the Atmos Raw, not convinced though

1 person likes this

@al swearengen the atmos rx is only good for waxy oils it burns ya herb does not vape it ok as a lil pipe tho i guess

1 person likes this

Cheers Phucface, yes I've read it just buns herbs, any idea how it gets on with bubble?