Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GeneralDark

Reason 5 with Korg 01/w Keyboard(Midi)

Hey guys, ive been messing around making music, MCing and DJing for about 20 years now, i can remember using things like the Roland TB303 and the drum machine the 606 back when i was at school me and my mate used to smoke hash and take acid and make mad tunes that pretty much sounded like techno, i used to turn the speed up on the 606 to make the drumbeat speed up and years later i heard it in techno and dubstep.

I also used to MC at raves then went onto to mainly just DJing and making tunes on fruity loops with no midi keyboard.

But recently i bought a Korg 01/w Music workstation keyboard and i got the Midi to USB leads and yesterday i got it all set up running it with Reason 5..... Mindblowing! i dont have that much xp when it comes to Reason but ive known about it for years as i know prodigy used it for some of their albums and also a few mates have used it.

Ive been messing around on it today recording drumbeats and trying to learn how to use it im also going to watch some tutorials on you tube, but what im really looking for is some sound heads that use Reason and can maybe answer a few questions i have, im pretty much starting out fresh on Reason 5 and using a Midi Keyboard.

Yeah this fooking Korg Keyboard.......i spent 2 days working out that the in goes in the out and the out goes in the in.............WTF lol:)

I have used Reason a bit in the past as well as hardware synths, samplers and drum machines if I can answer any of your questions I will.. So ask away..

If you want some good reason tutorials then THIS is a good place to start although a lot of the 'seven day songs' tutorials are on Reason 4.0..

1 person likes this

Ah cool thats good to know, ill msg u.

I've a m8 who's right up on sounds m8 I will get back tommorow to you what he's using :)

Was working with the stuff for years so happy to help with any questions, I could chew your ear off all day about music technology. lol

I got reason 4 here and midi keyboard but lost heart when about 200 nearly finished tunes disappeared off me desktop :(

Recycle is good lets u rob any samples and play em in d-rex machine.

god luck with it....enjoy. :smokin: