Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vapehead

Snowbud - anyone tried?

Got one Snowbud bean from ages ago (about 3 years I think). Thinking of growing it next along with 3 other different strains (including DP Blueberry). Think I tried to germ one about a year and a half ago and it didn't crack. Has anyone grown it? Can't find much info on it - is it worth trying or should I try a different strain?

Cheers,

:bong:

hi vape, I was hoping you would have had a few replies by now!

Snowbud is a very nice smoke though it is a couple of years since I last had some to try, and I thought she was a nice balanced high, strong too... but this was from an indoor HPS/soil grow rather than a high-altitude outdoor grow. The main people that buy her are the mountain guerilla's - growers in the Pyrenees, Alps etc and people who need a variety acclimatised for growing higher up in mountain ranges where normal outdoor varieties can struggle.

She is grown occasionally indoors where she grows well, she isn't one of our most popular varieties with the indoor growers but that doesn't mean she is a poor smoke. Many of the customers that buy her are repeat growers which is always the sign of a good variety.

Well worth trying I would say

1 person likes this

Hello

I'm pretty new to growing just coming to the end of my first cycle. I acquired some snow bud seeds through a friend he'd purchased a few different strains and just never got round to using them. I tried to do some research into the strain but couldn't find much from first hand experiences, As has been said it likes to grow tall and people usually prefer them for outdoor grows. I cracked 2 of the 3 any how and thought id see how I get on.

As this is my first grow I know I have nothing to compare it too from personal experience, however it has been extremely resilient. I had basic gardening knowledge and pretty much learn as I went making mistakes along the way as you can imagine. This hardly seemed to effect her health throughout the grow and she is now finishing some very nice looking buds that have plumped up nicely with a very sweet and cinnamon smell to them. Shes in week 7 of flower now and think another 2 weeks will finish her off well. The yield doesn't look incredible but im not sure if thats my abilities or the strain.

As for my set up,

Florescent light for veg.

B&Q multi compost mixed with dol lime and 15% perlite

6.5L pots

Flowering

0.6x0.6x1.4 tent

250 watt hps

4" extraction with cf

8" oscillating fan

Using bio bizz bloom, molasses,vt bio pac, vt bio plus, every other watering

Epsom salts to help with mag.

Hope some of this information helps will try and get some pics up soon.

N

1 person likes this

hi vape, I was hoping you would have had a few replies by now!

Snowbud is a very nice smoke though it is a couple of years since I last had some to try, and I thought she was a nice balanced high, strong too... but this was from an indoor HPS/soil grow rather than a high-altitude outdoor grow. The main people that buy her are the mountain guerilla's - growers in the Pyrenees, Alps etc and people who need a variety acclimatised for growing higher up in mountain ranges where normal outdoor varieties can struggle.

She is grown occasionally indoors where she grows well, she isn't one of our most popular varieties with the indoor growers but that doesn't mean she is a poor smoke. Many of the customers that buy her are repeat growers which is always the sign of a good variety.

Well worth trying I would say

Cheers guys :yep:

I'll be growing her, the blueberry and 2 others (afghan kush special, mango) in soil under 150w hps (150w hid), as have a very small set up. Height shouldn't be a problem - doing SOG in 3.5L final pots but will LST as well. The main reason I bought it is cos it's supposed to be good for depression. Your description of balanced high sounds perfect - I like a hybrid for a day vape. Also like the sound of cinnamon taste! Only about 2-4 weeks to go till germ day! :)