Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DutchPassionTony

AutoFem discussions and questions

55 posts in this topic

The lads have asked me not to go into details of how we do it. But the consistency is good, I would say approaching that which we get from feminised seed of photoperiod 'traditional' strains

Quite keen to squeeze a pre-season grow in outdoors, but one thing I have found is that with Autos outside is that one becomes a victim of one's own success- ie, botrytis. The flowers usually seem more prone to rot than regular photoperiod plants too.

Most of your pics seem to be nice clean indoor grows under 20 hours of light so the humidity is under control, got any recommendations for an auto suitable for outdoors, that can take fluctuations in humidity/cold?

1 person likes this

Quite keen to squeeze a pre-season grow in outdoors, but one thing I have found is that with Autos outside is that one becomes a victim of one's own success- ie, botrytis. The flowers usually seem more prone to rot than regular photoperiod plants too.

Most of your pics seem to be nice clean indoor grows under 20 hours of light so the humidity is under control, got any recommendations for an auto suitable for outdoors, that can take fluctuations in humidity/cold?

Hi waxing. In the mediterranean climates they can get 3 crops a year with auto's. In the UK, or similar latitude countries, I am wondering what will be a good realistic earliest point to put them out? Some would say April, other would say May to be guaranteed frost free.

If you put them outdoors at the start of May you would be cropping in early/mid July. You might be able to start a bit earlier in a greenhouse, or the south.

Honestly we don't have that much experience and feedback about AutoFem's outdoor in the UK, it hasn't been a mainstream activity so far. I think we will see more UK guerilla's this year than ever before try a few auto's for the first time. And I will be hoping that some of the 'free seeds for a grow diary' winners will be guerillerising some auto's so we can start building up some practical knowledge.

Edited by DutchPassionTony

I was hoping to go a little earlier 2nd week of march in my polytunnel with black plastic covered raised beds and a small heater, was wondering which auto would be best for a early sowing.

Thanks YP.

I was hoping to go a little earlier 2nd week of march in my polytunnel with black plastic covered raised beds and a small heater, was wondering which auto would be best for a early sowing.

Thanks YP.

Hi Yorkshire Pudding mate.

I would be guessing I am afraid. Auto's have just lacked the widespread attention of UK guerilla's up until now. So we don't yet have the detail we would like about early sowing dates in the UK.

Like I said, this 'auto information gap' is one thing I am hoping we can partly rectify with the free seeds for a grow diary compo. Your set up with raised beds, poly tunnel and a small heater sounds like a professional approach . AND if you pull it off that would be the earliest auto-harvest I have yet heard of in the UK. Especially if you are as far north as Yorkshire (snow in March/April is still possible isn't it?). Sow in Mid march and you would be harvesting at the end of May, has any Yorkshire man ever been able to claim that before ? I think you are treading new territory bro and I love to see that.

It would be interesting to see you compare yields from the same variety sown at different times in your raised beds, obviously you would get the best yields around the sunnier and warmer summer months.

If you were pushing me to answer you, which would be the best auto....., I might be tempted to say 'Tundra' as it was made with our Passion #1 strain, and that has some genetic robustness to outdoor conditions. Please let me know how you get on with it.

Tony

here is a pic of Tundra

post-70468-0-19236500-1328685565_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply mate, my user name is a little misleading, i am a yorkshireman living in sub tropical East anglia.

The quick polytunnel crop was a sideline till i can get the main grow going which will be Shamam again this year very underused strain.

The autos raised bed is made up on a clay base with 200litres of plagron light, homemade wormcast, and a handfull of organic veg pellets(It was for new potatoes) Covered in black plastic with a large steelframed cloche covered in bubble wrap, i have been getting temps into double figures in the snow (Daytime), but cold on a night, should be able to keep the temps up with a couple of propagator parafin heaters and it will also add to the C02.

The Tundra sound good with the N0.1 breed into it, i will do 10 seeds and give a final yield when they are done, even if its 10grams a plant thats 100grams in may, which i think is well worth the effort.

Thanks again, i will stick a diary on the forum to share this very interesting little experiment.

Lets see how hardy these little ladies are :)

YP.

You have a nice set up YP - good luck with it mate. I think it would be interesting to get an average 'early season' yield and compare it with a 'peak season' yield. I will be genuinely interested to see how you manage to get on with the grow as (to the best of my knowledge) you are treading new ground there.

As for Shaman - yes it is a great strain, as is Hollands Hope, Voodoo, Passion #1, Trance etc. Some of our customers swear by Durban poison, but you would not get that many UK guerillas that would rate it that highly as a UK strain. Many DP outdoor strains are not usually considered by the uk guerilla as they might not be as good as Frisian at dealing with the UK summers.

In central and southern europe they have a more forgiving summer climate which will allow a wider range of outdoor options. For me one of the sadder aspects for the UK GG's is the small number of options that they have had to play with. Maybe AutoFem's can add some variety to their options? This year I am sure more people will go them a go.

check out this picture of Shaman. It is from a Belgian grower who liked it in his greenhouse. This guy was a pro, digging manure into his soil each winter etc and his Shaman absolutely took off the year he took the photo. I have to say his greenhouse is really clean, little things like that impress me. He won our photocontest that month with this photo. Really he should have tied it down, but he didn't and ended up having to remove a pane of greenhouse glass when it got too big.

Fortunately his neighbours didn't mind him growing. I think the police allow people to grow 1 plant in Belgium these days anyway ...so why not make it a biggie ! Lets hope the UK police start taking a more liberal approach now the new sentencing guidelines have arrived.

all the best YP - and good luck man. lets see if you can be the earliest auto-cropper in the Uk this year, you may make a few people sit up and think. Enjoy the Shaman pic

post-70468-0-34663000-1328711703_thumb.jpg

Hi, the "improved " auto's are they in stock at attitude or could you buy and get the old stock .I dont want to order a load and get the older versions

lo tony

is there any plans to make medical-auto ranges ?

Enjoy the Shaman pic

This pic really had me looking at it as it is SO similar to one a friend took a couple of years ago,and it definitely wasn't in belgium

lo tony

is there any plans to make medical-auto ranges ?

It is something we are looking very closely at. Having said that I think that all marijuana is medically effective, but it may well be that some varieties have special properties. It is an area of personal interest to me.

On a north americal forum which is dedicated to autoflower growers the licensed growers say that their patients can no longer tell the difference between AutoFem's and traditional varieties.

1 person likes this

Hello Dutch Passion

Just been looking at the think different auto fems.... they do look mighty fine. Are they generally an easier strain to grow ? Im looking to get into the autos and would like to start with a strain that is robust enough for a beginner.

Cheers, any info would be helpful.

Hello Dutch Passion

Just been looking at the think different auto fems.... they do look mighty fine. Are they generally an easier strain to grow ? Im looking to get into the autos and would like to start with a strain that is robust enough for a beginner.

Cheers, any info would be helpful.

yes - they are easy to grow, and I am speaking there on behalf of all the quality AutoFem breeders, not just DP. The UK have been a little slower than some to get going with them, but they have been really popular in more southern euro countries as a way to get a harvest in before the summer for outdoor and guerilla growers. The more light they get the better the yields, and indoor growers have been surprising us with the size of the plants they have been getting. We have a weekly blog on the Dutch Passion website, just click the news and development section. On Friday we will have a new blog on the topic of 'growing auto's for the first time' - in response to all the questions we get.

In their simplest form you can grow them on a window sill in small plant pots. Whilst i wouldn't advocate such amateurish grow methods one guy sent us pictures of his Automazar grown in such a way, you will see the photo's on fridays blog. Yes, he did get some bud from it but not much. Autofem's do best indoors where they can get their full quota of 20 hours of light each day. This year I am hoping to see how they do in the UK in greenhouses and guerilla grows. They take around 70 days from seed to harvest and some customers have become repeat buyers and are really happy with yields, potency and ease-of-use.

Growing 4 auto mazar at the moment, day 59 today, didnt start flowering till around day 42ish, but very pleased with how they are coming along now

As you can see from the pics the 4 vary in shape and size but all grown under same conditions

Looks rather yellow in pics but thats just the flash

post-63501-0-42820400-1329750018_thumb.jpg

post-63501-0-10686900-1329750031_thumb.jpg

post-63501-0-36092700-1329750077_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

the tendency for AutoMazar to over-run it's 70 day life has since been corrected. Still got a bit further to go. The bottom one looks set for a couple of ounces or more, Is this under a 600W ? What are you hoping to crop between the 4 of them?