Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Serpent

Serpents guide to growing autos in soil

405 posts in this topic

Hey mate, can i ask how much oldtimer grow I should give them? they are 21 days from seed, i noticed the tips of new growth on a couple of plants have tiny yellow tips, so im assuming they made be hungry. Thanks

Hey mate, sorry for just replying to this, how long have they been in their current pots as yellow tips can be too many nutes, if it's more universal over the leaf then yes they are hungry, I think I've got that right but can you post a pic?

Edited by Serpent

serpent,congrats on your advice i am using it like a bible,but my babies 15 wwd bb are now about 5 inches high looking well extremly.how do i keep humidity levels up,i have a radiotor at number 1,coming on one hour before my 600 light goes off,and going back of one hour before my light goes back on.i am ready to put babies into 11 ltr pots with coco soil on monday pre,soaked can you give me any help about humidity levels,some one said put a bowl of water at the 4 corners wen i pot up to big pots and also soak a couple of towels over radiators for humidity ,any help would be champion,also using canna ab nutes every 3to 5 days,140ml each n babies ,also wen i move to big pots how much water daily is it 200 ml daily ta serpent once again

Hey mate, yeah adding bowls of water or a wet towel can help with humidity, don't know about putting on the radiator though? Have a look on it as depending what kind it is, it might say do not cover on it?

As for coco, I've no idea to be honest as I've never grown in it, sorry I wasn't much help

Hi Serpent. Great advice here mate and one i'm going to follow. One question though, have you used pk13/14 with autos?

Hi Serpent. Great advice here mate and one i'm going to follow. One question though, have you used pk13/14 with autos?

Avoid in soil

4 people like this

Cheers dude.

Thanks serpent great read learnt a lot :smoke:

An ideal thread serpent, got a better idea of what,s needed now. Do you personaly only use a 250w ? good work regards CR

serpent,congrats on your advice i am using it like a bible,but my babies 15 wwd bb are now about 5 inches high looking well extremly.how do i keep humidity levels up,i have a radiotor at number 1,coming on one hour before my 600 light goes off,and going back of one hour before my light goes back on.i am ready to put babies into 11 ltr pots with coco soil on monday pre,soaked can you give me any help about humidity levels,some one said put a bowl of water at the 4 corners wen i pot up to big pots and also soak a couple of towels over radiators for humidity ,any help would be champion,also using canna ab nutes every 3to 5 days,140ml each n babies ,also wen i move to big pots how much water daily is it 200 ml daily ta serpent once again

Hey mate, yeah adding bowls of water or a wet towel can help with humidity, don't know about putting on the radiator though? Have a look on it as depending what kind it is, it might say do not cover on it?

As for coco, I've no idea to be honest as I've never grown in it, sorry I wasn't much help

Make up some sort of driping rig "a little tap with 10mm tubing out of a 2 ltr bottle say" hang a towel on the wall with the tubing atached at the top "best to gather the towel at the top put the tube in and cable tie it so the tubing stays in the gatherd part of the towel. Then ajust the tap to get the right flow to make it damp. Good luck if you can,t make sense of this just say, i,m not the best at explaining things. CR Edited by cantregister

Thank you very, very much for this, it'c cleared up some of my questions for me :)

hello everyone,

great posts above ...i did my first soil auto back in 2006, loved the taste.

I experimented a lot with light cycles and pot sizes. nothing worth writing anything about ...best results i got were on 20 on 4 off light cycle 3x600w hps over 2mx2m,

I grew from regulare lowryder No_2 seeds, made some seeds and went to work on experimenting, lots of fun and some of the plants yielded excellent tasting buds, some looked great and tasted of nothing and did nothing.

sadly I dont grow anymore but if I did I would always make room for some femi auto seeds.

very nice photos excellent articles, thanks I enjoyed both.

20 hours on using 1800 watts !

You guys must have some mad leccy bills.

I'm a member of an electronics forum and i remember a guy who made a circuit that ran CFL's more efficiently, i'll try and dig out the thread and post details on this forum if anyone's interested.

Cheers,

NB.

20 hours on using 1800 watts !

You guys must have some mad leccy bills.

I'm a member of an electronics forum and i remember a guy who made a circuit that ran CFL's more efficiently, i'll try and dig out the thread and post details on this forum if anyone's interested.

Cheers,

NB.

you save on the heating if it were 12/12 the heater would be on 12 hrs instead of only 4 look at what you get for that :smokin: little extra. CR

hi serpent, great reading and was wandering what you could pull of 6 cream caramel autos under a 400 watt dual spectrum 10 litre pots or is that to big, and same nutes going to do a auto grow next sounds really good for the novice to get some grows under there belt.

Edited by sirbongalot

Thanks Surpent for a very informative guide for autos

Most of my autos have yellow/dying leaves on the bottom. Is this normal at week 5?

I'm giving them about 1ml per ltr of the OT bloom. Giv them more or are they need more N?

Everything on top looks great.