Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tony Montana

Tonys Cutting Guide

234 posts in this topic

Indeed, that is what matters. Plants have notoriously low brand respect. If it works they like it, if it does not they do not, even if it has a nice name on the side ;)

The shop bought one has a little lip at the bottom of the cutout that the neoprene disc can sit on.

2 people like this

‘Indeed, that is what matters. Plants have notoriously low brand respect’

We have much to learn;)

Edited by Gojitangie

Just wanted to thank you for this. I'm being gifted a cutting and now I feel far more confident in what i'm doing.

1 person likes this

:skull:  nice1

I know this thread is based aroundthe method. But can anyone point me in the right direction or give any advice on when in a plants life cycle its best to take cuttings? Timings will mean that when i want to take cuttings my plants be a few weeks into flower? Would that be ok to do it then? I know this is stress for a plant but spread out over a few plants will only be taking a 1 maybe 2 cuts from each? Thanks in advance. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Sammyb said:

I know this thread is based aroundthe method. But can anyone point me in the right direction or give any advice on when in a plants life cycle its best to take cuttings? Timings will mean that when i want to take cuttings my plants be a few weeks into flower? Would that be ok to do it then? I know this is stress for a plant but spread out over a few plants will only be taking a 1 maybe 2 cuts from each? Thanks in advance. 

I have recently taken many successful clone cuttings from my flowering plants (a month into flowering)

I did this to be double sure I had the correct mother I wanted and removing lower growth which is small useless bud. 

I used them as the cuttings

and they rooted within 10 days under a 125 wat cfl (jiffy’s and cheap properators from Asda)

I go as for as low cut cut as I can, at least couple inches of stem on there, leave the bud as it is don’t rip it off, add the clonex gel and jiffy + propergator 

large.B161423B-1AFE-461B-B28F-5631C16F05ED.jpeg

Edited by THEDANK
2 people like this

Thanks @THEDANK appreciate it. I just though that they might grow already in flower if they where taken off at that point.  

I now just put my cuttings into cups of plain water. Not even a heated propagator but the CFL light keeps a small space warm.

I usually put clonex on the cut clone, place in rockwool cube (cut myself) and then into a pot of soil. Heated propagator broke but I'm not losing any clones without previous method so its cashback for me.

Took some cuttings off a plant 5 weeks into flower. If that fails I'll re-veg the plant as its one that I first disliked but now realise its quite powerful and the yield a lot better with clone than from the original seed female.

Another variety 4 weeks into flower has rooted well in the water.

On 29/05/2019 at 9:48 PM, Sammyb said:

Thanks @THEDANK appreciate it. I just though that they might grow already in flower if they where taken off at that point.  

You are correct, if you take cuttings from plants 2 weeks into flower they will root ok but will take around 4 weeks to reveg  , you can take cuttings when you flip the lights and put them in the fridge for a few weeks until you need them :yep:

1 person likes this