Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr23

The Hardcore/Punk Rock Thread

864 posts in this topic

Oh man, loving this thread. I'm on the mobile but I'll be back here to dole out multiple +1s and post videos from bands like Dwarves, Zeke and a few other classics.

My favourite girl band after the Ronnettes that is

2 people like this

RIP Poly Styrene

X Ray Spex - Oh Bondage Up Yours

3 people like this

Ahhh fond memories of L7

Thought L7 were shit personally, and certainly neither punk nor hardcore, but it takes all sorts I suppose.

Gutted I just missed Jello Biafra on tour, damn!

Punk is skill, but I'm keeping it hardcore, keeps me close to metal!

This lot get slagged, but at least theyre doing their own thing...chavcore?

TRC - Bastard

I certainly would not call them my fav.. I did like shitlist and pretend that were dead back when it came out.

More Oi! than punk this one. All the same to me.

1 person likes this

1 person likes this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Furrw0VDpWM

Went to a talk with Penny Rimbaud a couple of weeks back.

Where? Was it interesting and what did he talk about?

West Lahndahn..he gave a talk with Ian bone from class war and an anarchist printer. Gee Voucher was there as well...heckling at the back!!

Penny is still fascinating, growing more punk by the minute. His dial house commune is still going. I believe they are in a more secure situation now after nearly losing the gaff recently.

His new book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/This-Crippled-Flesh-Philosophy-Filth/dp/0956618405

You can get it much cheaper than that if your interested

Thought L7 were shit personally, and certainly neither punk nor hardcore, but it takes all sorts I suppose.

I thought about it before posting mate and i can honestly say i dont know what is classed as punk or hardcore nowadays.If they had been around in 1978 they would have been classed as punk.I like that guitar sound. but its all rock n roll to me

Guys, I hate to sound whiney but can we post names with vids, I really want to know what's been posted but can't watch the vids as i'm on my phone in work, I can search for them in a YouTube app if I know what they are. Pretty please as i'm genuinely interested in what everyone is posting.

Hardcore is a difficult one as I said in the dance thread. It has become a catch all term for sooooo much stuff that is no where near the original roots.

DOA are hardcore yet so are a band called all out war who despite punk and hardcore themes are an out and out metal band with squiddly solos and everything. Rest withnailed as i'm off for a pipe. This thread is going to keep me entertained for a while :yep:

1 person likes this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Furrw0VDpWM

Went to a talk with Penny Rimbaud a couple of weeks back.

Where? Was it interesting and what did he talk about?

West Lahndahn..he gave a talk with Ian bone from class war and an anarchist printer. Gee Voucher was there as well...heckling at the back!!

Penny is still fascinating, growing more punk by the minute. His dial house commune is still going. I believe they are in a more secure situation now after nearly losing the gaff recently.

His new book

http://www.amazon.co.uk/This-Crippled-Flesh-Philosophy-Filth/dp/0956618405

You can get it much cheaper than that if your interested

I most certainly am my friend, point me in the right direction if you wouldn't mind. PM me or post a broken link, admin might not like a live link.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/jul/22/john.lydon.racist.assault

Any crumb of respect I had for Lydon and his phony punk schtick dissapeared after I read about this incident.

Who knows what really happened but as a rule of thumb I dont blame the victim. Lydon on the other hand gave interviews saying it was kele's fault.

That's a black man at fault for a group of white blokes beating him up. Strikes me as unlikely scenario.