Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Comrade Stoker

Musical Instruments fucking rock

145 posts in this topic

Slightly stoned and feeling the love for music I have decided to learn piano accordian, violin, viola and cello. The violin and viola are similar (Same tuning I think) just different registers. The cello is the closest instrument to the human voice and today I played on a really good cello (Like £20,000 worth) and I fucking loved it :wub:

Tonight, I snagged these three wonderful instruments for £50. The big violin has a beautiful resonance. I can't fucking wait to learn how to play them properly (I can play a little but its all by ear and technique is shit).

post-40506-0-97381100-1311886992_thumb.jpg

post-40506-0-65185200-1311887001_thumb.jpg

post-40506-0-47878600-1311887011_thumb.jpg

post-40506-0-01842000-1311887020_thumb.jpg

post-40506-0-49209000-1311887026_thumb.jpg

Piano accordian just like this one (Not done pic of this yet)

post-40506-0-34057700-1311887042_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lake Palmer
8 people like this

Nice one Lake, cant wait to see you on the Accordion, I tried one once but it was a musical wrestling match :headpain:

I refurbished a squeeze box for a guy and couldn't resist trying to get a wee tune out of it

much more handleable and I did manage to get something musical out of it :spliff:

I can't wait to get to grips with it. Its too loud for tonight but come the weekend :guitar:

The violins are proper solid tops (Wood not laminate) and date to around 1940 ish for the big one and 1930 ish for the small one. They need some work to get them playable but fuck it, its worth it to bring some nice instruments back to life :guitar:

Edited by Lake Palmer
2 people like this

Aye, hate seeing instruments gathering dust being left to rot, I cant get to grips with the fiddle/violin at all, after years of footering with guitars it's too weird having an instrument under your chin :nea:

nice one Lake. :yes:

Dam fine insrtuments man.

I just wish i got stuck into music at school instead of waiting till i was 21 to pick any instrument up.

Edited by rebelbhoy
1 person likes this

I just wish i got stuck into music at school instead of waiting till i was 21 to pick any instrument up.

I played by ear on everything till January this year when I started taking piano lessons (And as of today cello too). I didn't really understand how music was put together before now. Its turned me into a right music snob though, I am critical of the very music I loved before I got my head around music. I have not listened to any Guns N Roses for ages, its all Roger Waters or classical at the minute lol

3 people like this

I played by ear on everything till January this year when I started taking piano lessons (And as of today cello too). I didn't really understand how music was put together before now. Its turned me into a right music snob though, I am critical of the very music I loved before I got my head around music. I have not listened to any Guns N Roses for ages, its all Roger Waters or classical at the minute lol

Man i listen to Roger everyday. Without fail.

Gotta admit. I have a piano in my living room and hardly go near it. I do wanna learn nobody home on it some day. :skin_up:

My main stay is my guitar. But play some drums, Keyboard. Harmonica. And anything else i can get a tune out of. Still fuck about with my roland 303. But dont really class dance as REAL music.

Even got a ukulele kicking about.

2 people like this

Aye, hate seeing instruments gathering dust being left to rot

Me neither. The other thing to consider Lake if you have lots about, is to pass something on to some interested kids. I was given a guitar when I was very young and it had a big effect on me. In return, I've passed a good few on.

And damn, I want a piano accordian now.

3 people like this

Man i listen to Roger everyday. Without fail.

Gotta admit. I have a piano in my living room and hardly go near it. I do wanna learn nobody home on it some day. :skin_up:

My dodgy version of Nobody Home

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=264173&view=findpost&p=2772045

Me neither. The other thing to consider Lake if you have lots about, is to pass something on to some interested kids.

Too right man, if I see a youngster liking music I will do my best to get them excited and would happily hand over either time or something I don't really need (Gave a flute to a kid last year, the fucker never played it though lol )

Edited by Lake Palmer

Good job lake, I have a drum kit needs setting up but i keep all my guitar gear ready to go. I'd be lost without playing music

1 person likes this

Lake If you were going to buy a guitar for your 10 year old son who wants to learn to play what would you get, if you can be specific in terms of make i would be grateful

Lake If you were going to buy a guitar for your 10 year old son who wants to learn to play what would you get, if you can be specific in terms of make i would be grateful

Dont buy a crapper.. It will put him off.

150 will get a nice cheap novice guitar.

2 people like this

thanks did a bit of research and was recomended a seagull s6 but at £220 thought bit steep any recomendations

e2a well actually i though are you fucking kidding me

Edited by Androo