Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

troy

science vs religion

1,123 posts in this topic

Is your own model not using any of the concepts from the Electric Universe theories,

Ah, I've just realised what you said, I should have read it properly before jumping in to answer...

Yes, my own model does use some of the concepts of the EU, take the model of the sun that they propose, a plasma process not a nuclear process,

During the recent eclipse of the sun, the BBC had Brian Cox on the ground, and a nice lady scientist up in an aircraft above the clouds.

When it came to explaining about the coronal temperature of the sun, one of these experts said it was a half million degrees, the other said it was a million degrees, and BOTH of them said that this was baffling the scientists, they could not explain how the corona was at that temperature, according to their model.

I would say it was even worse... they don't even agree on the temperature, and a quick wiki search produces varying figures from 1 to 5 million degree's.

But the Electric Universe people are not baffled by it, their own model even predicts it.

So I am happy to accept the EU model of the sun.

BUT, my own model has no force called gravity, so there we differ.

Is accepting that some parts of EU theory are plausible plagiarism?

If my own thoughts are inspired by many many other things I read over my lifetime, and I mould all I have read and learnt into a theory, is that plagiarism?

Are ANY of my own thoughts original?

@@distracted

I said before

If I was to give you a moon position over the Earth, say 15N 65W, using the theory of tides where would you predict the highest tides to be?

:)

Why not have a go yourself....

At around 16:30 GMT today, both the sun and the moon will be around that 65*W longitude, but at a lower latitude nearer/ over Venezuela

Using the gravity-tide theory model, where would you predict the highest tides to be?

I stick with my original prediction, at 45*N 65*W

Edited by Rex Mundi

i have mentioned EU stuff before, but I am confused... what other account?

As it happens, my model has nothing to do with the EU stuff at all... If I recall correctly, I have only ever used the EU stuff to demonstrate that there are other models out there... but it is not my model.

Look, I'm more than willing to talk about my model, I have tried before ages ago, but when people start using words like "conspiracy" against me, I tend to not bother going any further.

So, first, other account, now plagiarism..... elsewhere it has been tory scum and grass.

Okay folks, I get the message.

You did have another account, have you forgotten? Can't remember the details something bone or the like, maybe with your first name? It was years ago... It's not an issue, but I was talking to you a lot in pm when you were using that account about the EU stuff, which is why I mentioned it. I didn't accuse you of plagiarism though, I said fair play if your are thinking about this subject from scratch, I haven't read through your ideas yet, but I will later

ETA I think I may have had a different user name myself at the time!

Edited by distracted

You did have another account, have you forgotten? Can't remember the details something bone or the like, maybe with your first name? It was years ago... It's not an issue, but I was talking to you a lot in pm when you were using that account about the EU stuff, which is why I mentioned it. I didn't accuse you of plagiarism though, I said fair play if your are thinking about this subject from scratch, I haven't read through your ideas yet, but I will later

ETA I think I may have had a different user name myself at the time!

I really am wracking my memory here, but honestly, I cannot recall having an earlier account, and bone doesn't ring any bells.... sorry, all I can think of is that I also use my own name in pm's, and sometimes publicly too, but that is Hugo Rune.... and also, that is not the name I had when I first joined here, I changed my name around 10 or so years ago by deed poll thingy to Hugo Rune, but here I have only had the Rex Mundi lifetime sub account, and if I did have an earlier one under a different name, I can't remember it... but I will sleep on that one.

I do know that I did have to reregister this account at one time, a couple of years ago I think it was, but still, that was the same Rex Mundi lifetime sub account, my subs were reregistered too.

I also know that all the pics I have uploaded here over the years have gone, I looked in a folder of mine here, empty, so I always assumed that all got lost when I had to reregister.

But back to the question, I had time to think more on it.... my model is not complete, far far from it, but it was my own research on gravity that led me to try to find a different model, one that actually matched the data on the ground.

So if you want to discuss my own personal research into gravity, and my own personal conclusions, untouched by any other theory, then I'm game.

My own gravity research was on the theory of tides, quite simply because they say that the moons gravity pulls the tidal bulges, so to research gravity, what better way to test it out than check the theory against the data on the ground.

This research took me about two years, I did it the slow way at first, but then I found better tools and sites on the web to check tides and moon position, but still a long time, and lots of data.

And the data did not match the theory.

So I came to a different conclusion, and that is that gravity has nothing to do with tides.

But what first sparked my interest and research on tides, was when I found an interesting fact about Caeser, he first landed in Britain 55BC, when he was on the "French" coast looking to cross the channel, he was totally surprised by the huge tides in the channel.

Then something else clicked in my head.... if the moons gravity is pulling the Earths oceans to create a tidal bulge, then why not just place a rocket above that bulge and let the moons gravity pull it all the way to the moon.... ;)

eta...

and further, of course to get back from the moon is just as easy, because the Earths gravity (that would cause tides on the moon if it had water) would pull you all the way back. lol

Edited by Rex Mundi

my recollection may be improving, Cosmicdick or the like it was, then you changed the name of the account again.... it was about the time you were getting hand controls fitted to the new Rover... ring a bell?... anyway that aside, if you remember the pm conversations then you will maybe remember where my own line of research concentrates, not much gravity but some... I'll have a look over the thread later... original thinking is always stimulating

I said above, gravity is not a force, it does not exist.

So what do you personally call the effect that stops you floating around like an untethered balloon?

my recollection may be improving, Cosmicdick or the like it was, then you changed the name of the account again.... it was about the time you were getting hand controls fitted to the new Rover... ring a bell?... anyway that aside, if you remember the pm conversations then you will maybe remember where my own line of research concentrates, not much gravity but some... I'll have a look over the thread later... original thinking is always stimulating

lol, now you got me, i do remember cosmicdick, I think that was my first name here, I think that when I wanted to be a lifey I changed my name to Rex Mundi..

but the hand controls in the rover... I've gone over all the cars I've had with hand controls, and the earliest one can can define was a Vauxhall Senator, but I know I had something before that, my first one ever with hand controls, I can't remember what it was though I do recall being very happy with the Senator that replaced it... that may have been a rover, but I don't remember it. ... but that definitely dates it back way before 2007.

I've looked back at lots of my old stuff, but there is nothing here by me before 2007... also, I have no pms before 2008... that is as Rex Mundi.

I have no idea about the cosmicdick account, if it still exists even, but I haven't been there since being Rex Mundi, can't remember the password probably...

hey, I might as well try :)

so if you still have all your old pms and stuff, you will be able to confirm anything from back then, my memory of it is gone.

Then something else clicked in my head.... if the moons gravity is pulling the Earths oceans to create a tidal bulge, then why not just place a rocket above that bulge and let the moons gravity pull it all the way to the moon.... ;)

Not enough mass.

So what is your theory?

So what do you personally call the effect that stops you floating around like an untethered balloon?

I wonder what we thought it was before Newton gave us his theory?

Does it have to be an attractive force?

It was a toughie, and my final conclusion made me very unhappy, but so far I don't have an alternative to replace it.... and for now, I will keep that conclusion to myself.

Before i do reveal my conclusions, I would need to convince you that the data points that way..... or not, perhaps someone here will show me the error of my model, but you would need to see the method and data for yourselves.

How sure are you that gravity is a force a la Newton?

How have you confirmed it to your own satisfaction?

My tidal research showed me that there is no tidal bulge under the moon, so the moons gravity is not pulling the oceans.

So that is one thing that gravity isn't doing....

Actually, the terms 'high tide' and 'low tide' are misnomers, it would be more correct to refer to it as 'normal water level' and 'low tide' for the tropical latitudes, and 'high tide' and 'normal water level' for the northerly and southerly latitudes, although it is more noticeable in the northern latitudes because of all the land masses, whereas the southern latitudes have the whole southern seas (view it from Antarctica, it is all one sea).

Not enough mass.

So what is your theory?

As simple as that eh?

So build a massive ship in orbit... :)

Really, just think about it... what are Lagrange Points?

If there exists a neutral point, then how can the moons gravity have any effect on the water.... that alone should nullify the existing theory of tides.

Does it have to be an attractive force?

Try jumping out of an open window

I will keep that conclusion to myself.

then keep your ides that way until you are prepared to share? it only makes you sound pompous mate

How sure are you that gravity is a force a la Newton?

How have you confirmed it to your own satisfaction?

as above, try jumping out of a window, you only go one way!! if at first you are not happy with this result, ie, you don`t think it`s conclusive, jump out of another, higher window, then see if your trajectory changes

I`m sure that if something keeps you in place, or aims to pull you to a certain place over and over, it`s a force, call it whipped cream if it pleases you, but you ain`t flying any time soon, without aid that is :wink:

@@distracted

just did a member search for cosmicdick, no results.

then keep your ides that way until you are prepared to share? it only makes you sound pompous mate

Sorry, jump to whatever conclusions you want.

But if that is what you want.... I'll keep my opinion to myself.