Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mickle

What Games Are You Playing At The Moment?

3,189 posts in this topic

OK so about 4 hours in now. Fucking superb game :) 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

OK, I reckon I've got a pretty good idea of God of War now after a couple more hours playing and I can honestly say it's a brilliant game. Exploration, light puzzle solving, fun and satisfying combat, lore to find, leveling up skills to suit your play style (I've focused on ranged combat with the axe, throwing it to stun, hit multiple enemies & stuff, but you can focus on melee, spartan rage, unarmed for when you've throw the axe and not recalled it, using Atreus to harass, there's loads of options, plus adding runes to your weapon changes how it behaves and gives special attacks) even the fact that you have your son as a sidekick is well handled (no stupid AI that means he's a hindrance, plus the dynamic between a reluctant father and his son give it some depth). The presentation is superb - looks great even on my crappy old non-4k telly, I bet it looks beautiful on a PS4 pro and a posh HDR telly and the lack of cutscenes, the cinematics flowing into the gameplay without loading screens really does make a difference, cos I find loading screens and cuts break the immersion. If you've got a PS4 then I'd say it's a must-play game (wouldn't say it's worth buying a PS4 just to play it unless you've got the cash to spend on a console and were considering it anyway @Cursed though there are a few other PS4 exclusives that could make that worthwhile - The Last of Us remastered is another must-play game if you didn't play it on the PS3, a genuine masterpiece and although they are not to everyones taste cos of the sadistic difficulty, the Dark Souls games and Bloodborne are among my favourite games ever).

Edited by Boojum
1 person likes this

Playing Kingdom Come Deliverance at the moment. A good bad game.. Many things to like, many things that annoy. Lovely scenery, country paths, birds chirping, plants to collect, alchemy potions to make, decent historical storyline...

Terribly long load screens, Annoying fast travel, bugs, getting stuck walking through doorways, scenery graphics/textures loading too slowly if you arrive somewhere quickly on your horse, (about 10 seconds for scenery/people to appear) Insanely hard lockpicking until you level up a bit  (but to level up you need to lockpick).. A poor mans Skyrim/witcher (no magic or spells though, just potion recipes and sword/axe/bludgeon play) In fights, as long as there are npcs on you side in certain battles, the enemy pretty much ignores you and you can just attack from behind and walk away until an npc takes over, allowing you time to regain stamina, than back to attacking the baddies from behind...

And Boojums review of Gods of war has convinced me to get a copy (along with Dark Souls remastered for PS4 coming out next month. Got it on ps3, but want to see how the ps4 version looks/feels to play)

Kingdom Come Deliverance looks interesting, but the constant mentions of really bad bugs in the reviews puts me off. Hopefully eventually they will patch out the worst ones, I'll keep an eye out for that cos if they do it looks like my kind of game :)

I really do recommend God of War, been playing it all day after taking a break over the weekend (cos weekend is sports time lol ) After being massively disappointed with Far Cry 5 (fucking buggy bag of crap, wish I'd got it on disk instead of downloading it, cos at least I could have traded it in at Cex, total waste of money) I'm more than happy with God of War :)

2 people like this

Got some Samsung VR stuff, not played for a few months but got to admit VR is mind-blowing at first. The rollercoasters made me sick at first but you get used to the idea that it is not real.

I wonder does anyone else dabble in VR?

@Boojum you can request a refund for digital download. I have successfully had a few games refunded via steam and i am sure there is a refund process for ps4 so worth a shot. 

I have dabbled in Vr, i went for the oculus rift (which turns out has something to do with facebook :wanker: ) although it is pretty decent but lack of playable games for me without getting motion sickness means its now just an expensive paper weight.

Posted (edited)

I'm mostly playing (and streaming) Pubg, the game is just too damn addictive which is crazy seen as it's such a basic game in its concept.. Not much reward involved but there is something about getting that chicken dinner that just makes you want more lol

Edited by Golden Syrup
Advertising stream - SPAM

Posted (edited)

Still playing God of War and, sorry to harp on about it, but it's not a brilliant game...

It's a fucking masterpiece :notworthy:

Up there with The Last of Us remastered as quite simply one of the best games I've played on this generation of consoles.

Sometimes I get a bit disillusioned with videogames when another identikit online multiplayer shooter, or a lazy, bug-ridden, cash-in piece of crap (Far Cry 5, I'm looking at you) gets released. But then a proper game, one that was made for gamers by people who clearly love videogames and not just to make money comes along and my faith is restored and I remember why I first fell in love with gaming :)

Edited by Boojum
2 people like this

Current game lineup atm is fortnite as a gap filler, replaying through borderlands 2 and pre sequel with the hope of a new release to the franchise later this year, revisiting the witcher 3 aswell at the minute what a game that is! Oh and ive took on bloodborne as it was free game of the month, have to say a rather punishing game

Oh and lastly very much an oldie, pulled the first xbox i bought back out the cupboard and played through star wars knight of the old republic 1 and 2, easily my favourite old but gold games

2 people like this

46 minutes ago, ForrestGreens said:

Current game lineup atm is fortnite as a gap filler, replaying through borderlands 2 and pre sequel with the hope of a new release to the franchise later this year, revisiting the witcher 3 aswell at the minute what a game that is! Oh and ive took on bloodborne as it was free game of the month, have to say a rather punishing game

Loved the Borderlands games, hope there is a new one in the pipeline :) Love the Diablo-esque gameplay that's really all about loot, kill things to get better weapons to kill harder things to get even better weapoons, rinse, repeat - if the loot system is good (and the Borderlands games have one of the best) then it will keep me playing - just gotta get a better weapon lol The hilarious writing is an added bonus (Borderlands 2 is my favourite of the series partly because Handsome Jack is one of the truly great videogame baddies :D ). I love Bloodborne, been playing it recently (not quite finished it, took a break to play God of War), it is hard (often sadistically so) but that's what I love about the soulsborne games, few games nowadays are properly challenging even on the hardest difficulty level, in the soulsborne games when you progress, beat a boss, discover a new lamp or a lever that opens a shortcut you actually get a feeling that you've achieved something :) Superb game, but not one for casual gamers.

currently went out and got a ps4 slim for £230, 50 a game tho. i have 4 games at the min. lol 

need for speed payback is a good game im paying lately, lots of races in different things, like race, offroad. plus the police chase ones, are fun. lol 

im on cod black ops 3, as ive just finished cod ww2. playing campaign only tho, as my free 2 days online are up. i need me 50 notes. i want some off the free games but there not on there now, like blloodborne ? im guessing when i pay for ps online il be able to get them free, anyone know if that is the case ? or have i missed the ship ? :hippy:

@smokie1 b c f c you’ve missed bloodborne mate, that was last month. I think mad max is the main one this month. 

Just add whatever’s free to your library each month and then you can download them for free at a later date 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Aye, you're too late for Bloodborne (but you can probably pick it up cheap second hand from somewhere like Cex ;) ). The PS plus games are free to download for a month at a time when you pay for PS plus (this month the games are Mad Max - which is an OK game, better than the reboot movie, and trackmania turbo which is a kinda physics-based racer, with individual challenge kinda gameplay, you have a certain target time to beat for each challenge, it's kinda fun). I wouldn't bother paying for PS plus unless you want to play online, the free games aren't worth it cos they are all old enough that you can probably get them cheaper second hand, it's just a bonus if you plan on having PS plus anyway (I only have it cos I play PES 2018 online).

Edited by Boojum
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@SkullDuggery  cheers mate. thanks for your help. thought id missed the boat on bloodline 

i am new to the p4, how do i get the mad max game up. sounds good. 

what im doing is going into search, then put in free games, and then onto the list. but cant see any good games, just ones i aint heard off ? lol 

Edited by smokie1 b c f c