Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jerry123

How long do I veg

19 posts in this topic

How long should I veg for is there a certain hight

Now that would all depend on how big the space is you want to fill and how many plants you are going to grow in that space..

2 people like this

This is an interesting topic and one which i wonder about myself. It seems that some growers veg until plants are rooted out into their final pots and then flick to 12/12 (is this despite height)

I've tried both but cant remember what yielded more. I've heard 'grow to 18" then go to flower' and also the root in final pot method.

The first thing to look at is not the size of the plant but has the final pot been filled with roots before flowering(long flowering sativa's differ)

No good flowering a plant that is big enough but hasn't filled the pot because you will run the risk of losing out on yield and health of plant

Owd

Edited by Owderb
1 person likes this

The first thing to look at is not the size of the plant but has the final pot been filled with roots before flowering(long flowering sativa's differ)

No good flowering a plant that is big enough but hasn't filled the pot because you will run the risk of losing out on yield and health of plant

Owd

What about if the plant has filled the pot but is only small? For example mine are in 6.5L pots and the roots have just appeared at the bottom, so I'll give them a day more or 2 to fill the pot, but they're only 6-7" tall. Potting them up into 15L pots they may only grow to 10-12"

6.5ltr to 15ltr is too big a jump, go 10ltr first.

What about if the plant has filled the pot but is only small? For example mine are in 6.5L pots and the roots have just appeared at the bottom, so I'll give them a day more or 2 to fill the pot, but they're only 6-7" tall. Potting them up into 15L pots they may only grow to 10-12"

If the roots have only just hit the bottom then they'll need at least a week to anywhere near fill it

Once its proper rooted then there will be no problem going to 15ltr from 6.5

Theres no way a plant that tall has filled a 6.5ltr pot. Ive had plants finish in 6.5ltr pots at a height of 5ft

Owd

1 person likes this

Oh right, thanks owd. I potted 5 up yest and the pot wasn't full. Another week it is then. Sorry for kinda hijacking the thread, but this does make sense.

Once the 15's are filled they should be tall enough for flowering, so they sort of tie in together

If the roots have only just hit the bottom then they'll need at least a week to anywhere near fill it

Once its proper rooted then there will be no problem going to 15ltr from 6.5

Theres no way a plant that tall has filled a 6.5ltr pot. Ive had plants finish in 6.5ltr pots at a height of 5ft

Owd

5ft eh owd?! That's a big bitch with little soil mass. I thought my 4fters were tall. Which sativa was that then? I take it she wasn't trained or pinched much. I love 6.5 for my 1m tent. More control and quicker over all from seed to spliff. Just a pain watering more often.

Oh above all, more weed , as I can cram in 9 girls with a nice canopy and a Brazilian below.

6.5ltr to 15ltr is too big a jump, go 10ltr first.

I went from root riots in the prop for 2 weeks, then when they had their 3rd set of leaves i put them into 18 litre pots in pebbles and they grew massive! I only veged them for 6 weeks including the 2 in the prop, IMO I think all this re-potting gradually is not needed, once they are in there and growing they love to stretch their legs :magic:

1 person likes this

When the nodes are alternating its said they are sexual mature & ready for a good ole rogering.

Check this pic out...post-51584-0-73290000-1299093093_thumb.jpg

some people only 28days veg, others longer. I don't think it makes too much difference as you can force them into flower, going 12/12. Take efficiency into account when growing.

How much Yield can i get with my Space in a certain time (flowering cycle 2months say) Area, Time, Yield.

Don't know if this helps it just my stoned taught.

Take it easy!

DW

...i put them into 18 litre pots in pebbles and they grew massive!...

Try putting a newly rooted cutting or a seed into an 18 litre pot of dirt, and see how far you get before you have a sick plant and a pot full of manky compost.

Potting up is important in compost, for any plant not just canna.

Edited by L'Emmerdeur

When the nodes are alternating its said they are sexual mature & ready for a good ole rogering.

some people only 28days veg, others longer. I don't think it makes too much difference as you can force them into flower, going 12/12. Take efficiency into account when growing.

How much Yield can i get with my Space in a certain time (flowering cycle 2months say) Area, Time, Yield.

Take it easy!

DW

thats a good guide ,at least they'll be a fair few nodes up before they start going zig zag.

its not really a fast & hard rule. More sativa dominant plants will do that earlier anyway.Best thing i reckon is to wait for the pot to be well rooted and pre-flowers on a good few nodes.

They'll still be the same length of time reaching sexual maturity so there isn't a faster way.If ya flip em too early you'll have 6 hrs less light each day and a smaller plant.

On 3/2/2011 at 7:23 PM, dwallace said:

Take it easy!

DW

A lot of traditional  growers around the world only got 12 x12 cause of nature and they grow fuck of plants 

1 person likes this