Welcome to the new and and we hope much improved UK420.com

Please note that this is a very recent upgrade and we are working hard behind the scenes to complete all the tasks so please bear with us if you find anything that's not working quite as it should be

You can use this topic to report any bugs you find or ask questions about how to use the new site

Thank you for your patience

Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Jabba

Scroging.

7 posts in this topic

As above, how do you position your plants for efficent net filling?

Just been looking at randalizer's diary and his are in lines of 5 because that's how his grow space is set out, what would be best the position in a 1.2m sq room with 4 in?

imagine 2 lines going thro your tent splitting it into 4 . then put one plant in the middle of each of the 4 squares :spliff:

From my experience it doesn't seem to matter much, so I set the plants in positions that make it easy for feeding and trimming accessibility. My Diary the Seven reflects my latest attempts at ergonomic planning in this regard.

i`ve never "scrogged" before, but wouldn`t it matter more where the plant went through the screen, rather than where the pot was?

Flick

[quote name='Flickthebean' post='2465007' date='Nov 17 2010, 02:31 PM']i`ve never "scrogged" before, but wouldn`t it matter more where the plant went through the screen, rather than where the pot was?[/quote]

Very generally speaking one only puts the screen under the light and the entire screen is filled. So placing the pot anywhere under the screen is okay, in this scenario, since you have to train the branches anyway. I use to think, very briefly, that placement for optimum branch training was important. But I have since discovered that ergonomics is far more critical. It's a pain getting under the screen to work (feeding and trimming) so placing the buckets in a way to help these issues is desirable.

Training branches though is a piece of piss. lol

^ so nearer to the door!
gonna scrog the next grow meself, just 2 plants in a 1m squared, lst'ing them at present

Due to height restrictions I have to use a scrog, I personally dont top my plants when I scrog and like to use low numbers so would use 2 in a one meter tent I put the left one at the back and then train the main stem towards the front, on the right I would then place the plant at the front and train towards the back. I find that I then normally get one fat main cola and lots of smaller ones , when I have had a topped plant and non topped in a scrog they tend to look the same except you dont get the larger than normal main cola. The downside to this is I have to veg longer.

If doing 4 I would look to give each plant a quarter of the screen, ideally placing the plant in the center with the branchs going off to each corner of its allocated square