Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobby_bee

Newbie Hydro Question

:smoke: hello there people,decided i must join,what a great site,hope you guys can help me a long a little,here goes....my 20 blueberry clones arrived fri evening,all in the one inch block,with the advice i should put them under the lights asap,before i done that tho ive transfered them into 4 inch blocks,and onto the trays,things seem to be rather slow this time round,im i doing the correct thing and if so,what time limit on the roots going thro to the bigger block and onto the tray?any replys will be welcome,thx again bobby_bee :smoke:

Hi man;

Welcome to UK420!

There are a lot of environmental variables to take into account with regard to the time taken to root through the 4 inch cubes!

Mine took around 5-7 days of twice daily feeding with a dilute nutrient solution...leaving them stand for ten minutes and then draining the tray in which they stood!

Care is needed not to drown the cuttings and totally drench the cubes as this can cause the roots to rot and die back if they are left immersed in nute solution!

Nutrient strength needs to monitored as there is absolutely no buffer between the roots and the nutrient solution, so too strong a solution will very quickly lead to nute burn!

That's the way I do it anyway!

Good luck with the grow.

Peace.

RD

:spliff: cheers for reply dg....realised this week ive put the full wack of nutrients in to these young ladys,also yellow tipped leafs and curling.....should i give them a quick flush and refert using lower strength nutes till they big enough,even tho there,s fresh growth on each?.....thx in advance 420 & dg.......peace! :smoke:

:spliff: opps sorry mate......

Rd.....peace

should i give them a quick flush and refert using lower strength nutes till they big enough

Yus mate!

Need to get them full strength ferts out and flush well with Ph balanced water.

Full strength nutes will be toxic to young cutz so you really need to wash the cubes out well by flushing thoroughly over 12-18 hours. Give the cubes a squeeze to get rid of excess water. You can then start to feed at around 20% of the manufacturers recommended amounts.

I did the same, and had to do the same! :spliff:

Worked for me.

Good luck!

RD