Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
criminog

A Stupid Question?

Am about to start growing from clones in a 205 nft ( my 1st grow ). I'm really confused about nutes and changing the solution. On the one hand I've read about sealing the top with black tape to prevent light but in that case how do you change the liquid every 5 days or so? Also do i need a nutrient measuring device as there isn't one in my start kit. Also my white 'lid' type-thing already has a slit pre-cut into it, why is that? Hope that all didn't sound too stupid (but suspect that it did)! It's much more technical than i thought it would be.

Hi there;

Nothing stupid in them questions friend. We have all asked them at one time or another!

Am about to start growing from clones in a 205 nft ( my 1st grow ).

Exciting times ahead..

I'm really confused about nutes and changing the solution. On the one hand I've read about sealing the top with black tape to prevent light but in that case how do you change the liquid every 5 days or so?

Ok, you CAN seal the correx cover down, thus ensuring no light gets in, but it does make it a pain in the arse getting at your nute solution to test/change it.

One solution I have seen is to seal down the corners of the cover using small bits of gaffer tape. Then you only need to remove one or two pieces to lift the cover and get at your solution.

An alternative is to pull the feed hose which goes into your NFT system and pump the nutes into a different container.

Also do i need a nutrient measuring device as there isn't one in my start kit.

Yes. No long drawn answer to this question. It can be done without a EC/CF instrument, but it makes life tricky. Ph also needs to be adjusted regularly.

Also my white 'lid' type-thing already has a slit pre-cut into it, why is that?

Errmm.... :smoke: ......dunno! I've only ever seen them as a "complete" sheet of correx!

Hope that all didn't sound too stupid (but suspect that it did)! It's much more technical than i thought it would be.

It seems a little daunting when you first get your new "kit" home, but once it all goes together I'm sure you will find it a breeze.

Make a note to get them "measuring devices"! They will make your life SO much easier.

All the best with the grow.

Peace.

RD

Also my white 'lid' type-thing already has a slit pre-cut into it, why is that?

It's the end where the pump goes, the "slit" lines up with your top tray, so you can get access to the res.

Good luck,

VRG

Y Ddraig goch + vfg

Thanks for taking the time gentlemen.