Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weaselteaser

Wrong fan supplied, bad or good??

17 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just received what i though was my 4" RUCK in the post, when i opened the box it turned out they'd sent me an RVK instead, SHIT it thought but then i looked at the label, yes it was an RVK but it was a 5" one (model No. RVK 125E2-A1) so......

Should i send it back and tell them they've got it wrong or is this RVK a better deal, i could run it with a speed controller to reduce noise for example.

id keep it.

thanks bizzaro, that's what i thought but i just realised i've already got my carbon filter and it's a 4" filter, would it still be ok with the 5" fan ?

It's a "prima klima" filter if that helps.

Cheers

just checked out the specs for the fan and filter, the fan runs at 250m3/hr and the filter says it's recommended air flow is 180m3/hr.

Do you think with a fan controller i'd be able to run the 5" RVK slow enough and use a reducer to make the filter fit?

Cheers.

yeh man by the sounds of it the fan running at full whack would push air past the cf too fast for the carbon to activly collect the smells.get a reducer n run the fan a on a speed controller dude,..i use two 5 inch rvk and NEVER have em runnin on full....maybe a bit past half way on the primair unit.

mucker what size room u got/need the fan for??

It's in a DR60 mate with a 250w hps, nothing big at all so i thought running it at lower speed would still give me enough air flow.

It's in a DR60 mate with a 250w hps, nothing big at all so i thought running it at lower speed would still give me enough air flow.

ul have NO fuckin problems my man....crack on and enjoy the grow..... :skin_up::smoke:

you def need to slow down your 5" in a tent that size you would get more then enough airflow running it at quater of the way

oss :smoke:

you def need to slow down your 5" in a tent that size you would get more then enough airflow running it at quater of the way

oss :skin_up:

WORD..... :guitar:

and no need for the thanks weasel-duder,.its why were here right... :smoke:

sweet :smoke: turned out nice then. :skin_up:

Thanks guys.

Coooolio. :smoke:

Send it back, ruck have a 2 year warranty i,m sure rvk is one and they are noisier

JC

Send it back, ruck have a 2 year warranty i,m sure rvk is one and they are noisier

JC

:rofl:...theres allways one int thi... :rofl:

RVK are louder? I've never tried them side by side but common sense say's that's not true, the RVK shifts less air than the same size Ruck therefore making it quieter than the Ruck.

People stand a couple of feet from my four and five inch RVK's all the time and never once has anybody mentioned a noise.

My RVK aint loud tbh, the 6'' fan seems louder to me. I think it might be a bit louder when attached to the CF, but there are many ways to silence the fan.

Check out leepys expanding foam box fan silencer if you find it a bit loud.

I've been running my 4'' RVK for 3 years solid and had no problems, RVK and Ruck are 2 of the biggest fan makers so either one is good.

I would go for a fan controler, wouldnt want the fan sucking too hard on the filter and stressing itself.