Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grommet

2 into 1

Hi, I was just wondering whether it is possible to connect two RVK125 fans into a tee piece.

So basically the two fans will go into one duct to save me the hassle of cutting another 5" hole in the ceiling?

Or will the one fan blow against the other???

I have two 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 bud boxes. Any sugestions or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Grommet

They'll blow against each other which'll create turbulance and prevent the extracted air from moving freely, also one 5" hole isn't big enough for the forced air from 2 x 5" fans so it'll restrict the potential air movement and you won't have as efficient extraction...

A bigger fan after the tee piece pulling air from both tents would do it...?

What size fan would you say will pull past two 5" carbon filters enough the exchange the air sufficiently in the tent's?

Thanks

Grommet

Would a squirel fan do it cause they're supposed to be queiter than RVK's?

Then again they're £275 so might give it a miss, lol.

Edited by Grommet

If you're using them simultaneously, they will not blow against each other, but the combined flow piece going through the ceiling should be 8" 200mm dia.

A local sheet metal shop will knock the tee peice up, generally in galvanised sheet steel, in an hour, fairly cheaply.

It's not an unusual arrangement in vent, two fans in parallel. Will give you just slightly less volume flow than double the flow from one fan.

If there's any question of fitting the arrangement, then just using one fan, then some air flow will travel backward through the static fan, and into the grow area associated with that fan. You could easily prevent that by fitting a backdraught damper after each fan discharge.

If you're using them simultaneously, they will not blow against each other, but the combined flow piece going through the ceiling should be 8" 200mm dia.

:spliff: thats how i did it with two homeboxes running 5" extracts, using reducers to connect to an 8" tee then 8" insulated ducting out the hole to the loft.

if the ceiling hole at 5" is the throttle on the system then without enlarging it this will be a problem, 2 x 5" fans can't exhaust through a 5" duct... depends on your wattage but if low and viable I'd suggest passive intake into the first tent > 125 fan and duct to second tent, 125 duct fan and blowing into the filter to the outside but it depends on how much heat you need to shift I suppose

Won't that create a bit more noise than you'd like? With all that air rushing through a narrow space? Acoustic ducting would be a good idea I think.