Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DaftSkunk

Learning The Guitar

300 posts in this topic

Does @Jimboo have an èko?

;)

1 person likes this

Here's the PRS custom 24..

:wub:

large.Screenshot_20190506-010529_Gmail.jpg

5 people like this

8 hours ago, Phoenix said:

@stu914 what guitars are in your stable?  I'll not expect pictures.   But words speak volumes.

Just curious.

I'm strictly acoustic and only possess one...but it's a goodun...Lakewood semi-acoustic M-1 CP...probably one of the best sounding instruments I've ever played.

I was looking for a Martin but when the guy in the shop showed me this one it was a no brainer, not cheap but you get what you pay for.

:oldtoker:

5 people like this

9 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Does @Jimboo have an èko?

;)

@Phoenix   Why have I been summoned hither?    The only guitars I have are a couple of Fender copies that have been in my mothers' attic for the last 40 years

1 person likes this

Maybe it's time to get em down @Jimboo

;)

Just now, Phoenix said:

Maybe it's time to get em down @Jimboo

;)

cheap bundles off shit mate you could buy much better nowadays for a few ££,  put it like this mate I wouldn't even give them to my nephew because I knew his parents would buy him a much better budget range guitar nowadays

1 person likes this

On 5/5/2019 at 6:57 PM, Saddam said:

Had to do what though? lol You know his guitars are all mass-produced in the same Korean factory which makes PRS SE, Ibanez, Dean, Daisy Rock, etc? 

And he's a fucking knob. lol   

Yup. I looked at the PRS semi hollow, even at the reduced price,  not as nice as the Chapman.   

So, why is he a Manchap? You met the fella?

Not sure why ive never seen this thread... ive been watching youtube tutorials and plodding along on various acoustic guitars for about 7 yrs on and off.. i can play a few tunes.. Nirvana, Oasis, Pearl Jam etc.. i love open chord 4/5 chord tunes. But have also learnt a nice little tune with a 14 chord progression. i can also sing.. i have over 1000 vids on youtube.. 3.5k recordings on smule.. soundcloud etc.. 

No joke.. Music is my therapy of choice..

4 people like this

the current well used, under cleaned pair. Fender is tuned down a whole step, cos i cant quite sing like Chris Cornell :yinyang:

large.20190512_013622.jpg

No pain no gain...

large.20190512_014641.jpg

5 people like this

It looks like you've borrowed my hand then put on a ring. lol  

2 hours ago, Saddam said:

It looks like you've borrowed my hand then put on a ring. lol  

Haha!! Sometimes i wish i had chosen keyboard/piano lol

Posted (edited)

I used to be able to perform really complex electronic repairs and assemble components with both hands, now I have no feeling in the fingertips of my left hand . :russian:  Now it takes me ages to do things which I used to find easy. lol  

And touch screens don't work anymore.  lol  

fucking guitar. lol 

:guitar:      

Edited by Saddam
2 people like this

Have you met him Saddam?  

On 5/12/2019 at 4:24 PM, Saddam said:

...now I have no feeling in the fingertips of my left hand . :russian:  Now it takes me ages to do things which I used to find easy. lol  

And touch screens don't work anymore.  lol  

fucking guitar. lol 

:guitar:      

Blimey, playing guitar is all about the touch..  you're not meant to push the strings down as hard as possible fella.  Just enough to fret the string and make a sound. 

Sounds like you've been doing it all wrong...  lol     I play a lot, and have been for many years, I still have feeling in my fingertips.  How do you feel the strings??!

2 people like this

On 13/05/2019 at 9:17 PM, mmmm...nice! said:

Blimey, playing guitar is all about the touch..  you're not meant to push the strings down as hard as possible fella.  Just enough to fret the string and make a sound. 

Sounds like you've been doing it all wrong...  lol     I play a lot, and have been for many years, I still have feeling in my fingertips.  How do you feel the strings??!

I'm with you on that one as mine don't have that now after getting my guitars seen to. I got the acoustic set up at a shop about 6 months after buying it (it had pretty high action) and he's done an ace job reducing it. I set the electric one up myself and personally I think I've done a ace job, especially for a first time. Both action and intonation have stayed the same since doing it which was about 3/4 weeks now I think. I discussed it earlier in the thread when I did it so could find out exact when if I looked back.

Anyways, my fingertips were getting hard and stuff. Since getting my guitars sorted they've been fine and I've been playing quite a bit. As you say there really is no need to press hard, just a gentle touch.