Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

2,330 topics in this forum

• 7 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 116 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 12 replies
    • 51 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 27 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 4 replies

• Dialtone
      I’m 155+ days into my 1st grow. 80days+ into flower.   ive been waiting for trics to change. But nothing yet.   then I was told some strains the trics don’t change colour. And that if I posted photos, experienced members on here could advises wether she was ready?????
    • flash_cannon
      Can I piggy back on this question and ask if it’s possible (or advisable) to make vape juice from ethanol extracted oil?
    • MyDisplayName2000
      I research for hours if spending more than I'd be paid in a day. The Sony GreenPower 930 Agro is expensive and as DIYLEDUK says, you can buy shitty cheap CMH lamps for 25 dollars! This is why Ebay and other sites have full CMH kits for less than £100. There are more 'own brands' coming out every week. I recently bought a Lumatek 315 kit and the lamp that came was some shitty broken cheap Chinese lamp.   It looks like scammers are trying this on by purchasing lamps then returning it.   I know Sony do 4 or 5 spectrum's with the CMH 315 lamps. Some mix the Philips 315W MasterColour 942 (blue) with the 930s. There is a site some member here mentioned that does all the different Sony lamps for a very very fair prices indeed. Below 80 quid.   I only know what I see those 930 lamps produce. Claims of them matching 600W HPS are pure fantasy. More like a 400W, although you need to train plants to counter the lesser light penetration.   The main reason I love the 930s is that a plant I had kept for well over a decade, took on a new lease of life under those lights. I had an instant comparison. Not only that, I always weigh the hash taken from trim and lower bud off each plant. My Skunk 1 was barely putting out 10% hash under HPS, now I'm seeing a good 15-20%. The quality of the bud has gone up, original taste has come back and yield also went up when I compare watt for watt.   As great as the CMH is, we are at the verge of seeing LED become the mainstay of the millions of personal grows in Europe. The technology keeps improving and each new version of all the top LED manufacturers units is better than the one before.   I think that in ten years time, LED will have pretty much become the standard lighting for growers. I can even see the HID lights being phased out and eventually banned. Like it or not, green issues play a major part and if we can get more light for less watts then it is a no brainer really.   LED must have thousands of scientists and engineers working day and night to work out how to create a basic replica of sunlight. Ten years ago when the LEDS began to become a thing, many of us laughed at the blurple units. We mocked the clunky often cheap fans whizzing away inside. Then there are the claims of LED manufacturers who can label a light LED 1000, when its only drawing 145w.   Today, is there a grower on here who would not use LED? I see many CMH growers thinking of supplementing with LED. I'm twitching at the moment as I have the choice of either going for another CMH or going for 400W or so of LED lighting.   The only other issue with the good LED lighting is that it does not come cheap. However, as more and more LED lights are manufactured and as the shares in Meanwell rise through the roof, prices will naturally become lower.   I keep saying I'll build an LED unit using the easy guide on this site. List tells you were to buy and what the model number is and so on.   LED is the future. As ever, with new technologies in growing, you will be paying more until, like I say, so many units are produced that the prices get lower for the buyer. Ballpark figure, the top LED units cost about a pound per watt.
    • InTheSystem
      Honestly, nutrients are so readily available in these kind of systems, less is more. I would just go RO and add in 100ppm cal and 50ppm mag (sorry I am unfamiliar with Shogun to know its cal-mag ratio). You probably wont need any base nutrients until another week or two to be honest, its the cal and mag requirement which will hit you - usually tap water is packed with it. Most cal-mag carries enough nitrogen until they start to get a big bigger - also running just cal mag will force roots to seek over nutrients and shoot into your buckets faster.