Is This That Gritty Shite thats going around???

Big - L

Oh, and someone posted recently that it also can be due to a product that's sold in Dutch growshops called 'Spot' which is some other spray-on contaminant that's based on silica or glass, IIRC. :yinyang:

Oh, and someone posted recently that it also can be due to a product that's sold in Dutch growshops called 'Spot' which is some other spray-on contaminant that's based on silica or glass, IIRC. :smoke:

wheres that post mate any more info on spot?

How much do dealers buy 1oz for ? cause i know up here the dealer i can get it off and it tends to be as good as he can get (usually none of the previous issues) sells it £25 1/8 (and he does it constantly on the 1/8 u want a 1/4 its £50)

there must be such little profit off the amount a dealer buys his for, to force them to do some nasty things to this wonderful plants crop.

its nasty, and god turning bud into stuff like soap bar is just so wrong!

It's not being done by the dealers that buy a couple of ounces at a time to sell on, it's being done to the bud either by the growers themselves, or by the people who buy it straight from them - they prefer it to be wetter quite often, apparently, so that they can stick the shit to it more easily. :ouch:

I've not come across this stuff myself, mainly because I haven't bought anything from a dealer for ages :(

As mentioned above and from the sound of all the threads on the subject, this stuff seems to be everywhere in the UK, so much so that I reckon the contaminant(s) are being added at source, i.e. by the growers / exporters overseas, prior to shipping and maybe after scuffing for hash making.

There was even a post the other day, saying that gritty :D was being sold by the Bulldog in A'dam :wub::yep::)

Guest friendly electrician

not read the lot, but its no mystery. the reason you picked it up in notts is because they sell it in notts. pop up to arnold and you can buy it over the counter.

This shit makes me so angry i could explode into a fit of ranting for hours n hours!!

If its not the glassy/sandy shit then they use a suger based compound, sometimes rather than the sandy crunch you get a sweet suger taste as if youve just poped a coffee sweetener in ya mouth :P

It's becoming harder and harder to find decent bud now that everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon and sprayin thier bud with crap.. Gone are the days of being confident about the 8th you just purchased from the local herb dealer... Just feels like soap bar all over again and I could cry!! :ninja:

Cant wait to get my grow tent set up again, but I'm temporarily living at parents so cant grow for a while... I guess its the only way I'll be able to get away from this glassy bullshit!! What else can be done about it?? Nothing springs to mind.... It would be good if somebody knew of a lab were we could get it tested, The health risks of smoking this shit must be insane!! ;)

I spose its helping that more people are becoming aware of the situation recently, it's just about saying no to it.. If everyone refused to smoke it then the offenders would have a big problem on thier hands!! The thing is though, and its sad really is that probably 80/90% of the people buying and smoking this sprayed bud are unaware and even many of the people that do know continue to accept it regardless...

SAY NO TO THE GLASS!!!! BRING BACK REAL WEED!!!!

Respect, SK

Edited by S.K.

even the twigs ....

Evening ppl...

This is mostly EVERYWHERE on street these days....it's silica sand and you really dont want to be breathing that stuff in particularly...whilst the particles don't burn at the temp of a spliff cherry/cone.

Here's a fun experiment...Get yourself a 100* illuminated mag from Maplin and look at the `crystals`on this type of bud...they look very close to trichomes, apart from there is an obvious lack of STALKS to go with the enormous number of heads, and the actual heads are too bright and clear and shiny....and they go crunch when u bite themIf you save some ash and then examine it under the microscope you will see all the shiny balls are still in there after burning.... Other variants on this are honey (kind of makes the buds look dark and weird but sticky and sweet tasting, obviosuly...'orrible but better than silica) and confectioners sugar and anything else ppl can find to bump the weight whilst making it look better than it might actually be.

There is an article on this in one of the newer issues of HT. What you have to consider now is that it's a fact inhaling fine silica sand IS NOT the best idea...Do these commercial growers give a monkeys about all the other dangerous reidues from ferts, pesticides and whatever other chems they use? Doubt it.

Some say this is now flooding the streets due to the increased security at various ports between us and the rest of europe, meaning less getting through, so lost profits, and therefore `making it up`.. Most ppl who grow real quality here dont sell it, or if they do it tends to stay fairly close / direct friends etc, small circles. Commercial growers dont really give a fuck in the main, its not a hobby or a passion - most of em dont even smoke it, its a business to them :wassnnme:

I am waiting to start something myself again, as I have said in a couple of other posts recently I almost quit after 15 great years of tokin, I saw hash go the same way 10 years ago and it never really got much better, and I dont think the street weed situation is gonna get much better for a long time... sure you may find something good if you look hard or have a couple of solid contacts, but you have to look harder than ever before. Time to GYO. It is more effort but in the long run is like renting vs a mortgage - in the long run the mortgage sets you up for life, renting is just throwing yer money away...Grow Yer Own (Personal amounts, obviously, otherwise if u get caught the Man will try and take that lovely mortgaged house away from you saying you bought it with the profits of a crime!!!)

Me, Myself and Mygreen.

synack76

:headpain: sorry for the repetition guys only read the first page of thread and then went off on one....but in conclusion, yea the situation has sucked for the last few months now, like everyone is saying... north and south, truly flooded with contaminated bud...JUST SAY FUCK NO! :wassnnme:

Well said, synack :wink:

People, the answer is simple...

EVERYBODY

PLEASE

STOP

FUCKING

MOANING

AND

PLEASE

START

GROW

YOUR

FUCKING

OWN

!!!

Yes, it costs money to set up a grow and it takes some work, too; but if you sit down and work it out for a moment, you will soon see that growing your own will not only guarantee you some at least half decent weed (even if you don't get it quite right the first few times), but actually save you money in the long run.

I reckon I was spending (at London prices) around £1750 per year with a dealer to buy a ¼oz of :unsure: per week. To build a small 'drobe and produce the first harvest cost about £550 (£400 'drobe setup + £150 seeds, water, electricity, plant food) and that's estimating on the high side. The first lot went a bit AWOL and the yield was crap, but since then I've seen a shade under 6-8oz from 3-4 plants. That's (at London prices) £960 - £1280 worth of weed per grow for £150 worth of seeds, water, etc...

Not exactly rocket science, is it?

And yes, I know that not everyone is in a position where they can grow their own and I'm sorry if I sound unsympathetic here, but I'm afraid it's not my fucking problem. This is a forum for people who can grow their own and / or are not afraid to do so.

So please... Take all the "dealer threads" to another forum. This really isn't the place and I, for one, am starting to get more than a little pissed off with them now :yinyang:

you could always try not reading them :yinyang: . I find that by not reading things I don't like I don't get made angry by them . Not exactly rocket science is it?

Although I do agree with your sentiment, people with grows sometimes have to visit the dealer.

• Like 2

Ah, but... how will I know whether I don't like a thread until I've read it? :yinyang:

I object to the "if you don't like it don't read it" argument, because it strikes me as a kind of inverse censorship. When I read that, I feel that I'm being told that my opinions are unwelcome and that I shouldn't post them.

Well, tough. If I disagree with an opinion enough, then I will say so. I won't necessarily attack you, personally, for holding that opinion, but I don't see why I should be barred from a thread because I disagree with its sentiments. After all, isn't that what forums are for - to hold balanced debates which express a variety of viewpoints?

Not really a dealer thread though is it mate?? I think a thread like this is VERY important so as to spread awareness to this shit, I reckon this thread or a simular one should get pinned under the "is soap bar dangerous" thread... After all whats the difference, this is soap all over again... Worse in my books coz soap is a man made substance, the herb is 'sopposed' to be pure....

Dont get me wrong, dealer threads can be annoying and repetative but I dont think this thread falls into the same catagory...

I for one think that everyone needs to be made aware of what these money grabbing wankers are doing... For the sake of people's health if nothing else...

Peace y'all

SK

• Like 2