Is This That Gritty Shite thats going around???

Big - L

Just found this on Erowid (http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=3100)

Seems like it is getting more and more common - never seen it myself until last week and I bought two different strains of bud off different people and both were cut with this shite. Brum is normally full of half decent weed but it seems that all anyone can get in any quantity at the moment is this. Most unfortunate as I'm not currently in a position to start growing again so have been forced into quitting for a bit.

Q: Is it true that some Dutch cannabis is cut with filler material in order to increase its weight and increase profits?

A: We recently heard about this for the first time. An Erowid crew member who was visiting the Netherlands had an interesting chat with a former coffee shop owner. He was told that the international demand for hydroponic "Buds from Holland" is enormous and that the shortage in the market is extreme. This seems to happen every year around this time but now the situation is more severe than ever.

He was told that in response to the shortage, vacuum sealed cannabis from the Netherlands is increasingly diluted with a still unidentified "greenish powder". According to the former coffee shop owner, the group of people who produce the adulterant have contacted most Dutch growshops already. The unknown powder is sold under the counter to growers.

The powder is supposed to be sprinkled on moist (not yet fully dried) cannabis. It absorbs moisture from the plant and then looks like THC crystals. After the buds and powder are fully dried they are vacuum-sealed, at which point it is difficult to detect that the filler material has been added. According to those who sell the material, it is possible to add 200 grams of the powder to a kilogram of cannabis.

The crew member was able to handle some of the mystery powder and view it under a microscope. It is described as looking like a bunch of tiny transparent soft crystals which swelled up and became perfectly round when water was added--as if it were a kind of powdered, water-absorbing gel. When the spheres were placed on a piece of tin foil and heated with a cigarette lighter they did not melt but burned.

We don't yet know what this material is, nor how widespread the problem is.

• Like 2

hey guys how do? This gritty weed that does seem to be everywhere im from manchester and i have had it off my dealer quite a few times but i hav yet to have some that i didnt get really stoned off :smoke: i hate to admit it but this gritty weed is pretty damn powerfull and it always seems to be skunk #1 :spliff: im growin my own at the moment so in about a week i will have a nice and pure harvest with no additives :yahoo:

Been reading about weed thats had shit added to it,like sand or something then i wondered if it could be the little absorbing balls that you get in nappy's,crushed down then added.Does anyone know someone with a lab that could test this out?

Guest HomeGrown

interestin stuff

im from liverpool and not come across this stuf yet, but as theres a drought on here for the green stuff, i can see it ending up here soon as well

got 4 weeks till my home grown is ready :yinyang:

im thinking them little packs of gel u get that aborbs condensation on window n stuff

:wassnnme:

interestin stuff

im from liverpool and not come across this stuf yet, but as theres a drought on here for the green stuff, i can see it ending up here soon as well

got 4 weeks till my home grown is ready :smoke:

im thinking them little packs of gel u get that aborbs condensation on window n stuff

:yinyang:

Yeah thought of that too!odd very odd

Guest HomeGrown

found this on icmag

This stuff is supposed to be all natural and is marketed as an additive to increase weight, and I think I'm going to puke, add flavor. It's called Brix Plus.

The first pic is a nomal bud, the second pic is a treated bud, the third pic is the residue sifted off the bud. Nasty huh, I highly recommend boycotting any shop that carries this shit. A lot of people are being ripped off world wide. Basementlighting, told me to F. O., in responce to an email I sent them asking that they boycott Brix and quit selling it. The manufacture's adda is:

http://www.accenthydroponics.com/pr..._plus_info1.htm.

I sent these guys this email:

Your product is bullshit you should go straight to hell for marketing a cut for pot. WTF??? Are you some kind of moron? I will not only boycott your products but I will boycott any company or website selling that bullshit. I hope your dick falls off, you greedy piece of shit.

saxby

No reply though.

don't get it the dutch have been using it for years now ........just come on the market in the last year in the uk you have to be some sort of low life to be using it.........everybody tried spun sprayed dutch import so why would people use it other than there shit at growing or smucks. trying to make more money .............

Edited by drbrookfieldcambridge

to think people spend 8-10 weeks to grow this lovely plant feeding it giving it light and some love then at week 8 drag it all down dry it as quick as poss then in the tumbler for 5 mins then back on the line for the final spray of sticky britx then left for a week then stuck in a bag and sold all just to make some more pennies :yinyang::unsure:

• Like 1

been getting warnings on another site about a load of dutch grit weed that is real shit :yahoo:

do not touch this stuff!

i was told if you if u taste the "crystals" they crunch in ur teeth. nasty ;)

in a reply from the dam someone said" I heard a story recently about a coffeshop owner who was offered 80 keys of the stuff, there must be a lot of it around! I have no idea why somebody would put sand in their weed?

i dont know if it silica glass or what this shit is? but its nasty dont smoke it. this was just posted as a warning spread the word. red

Thanks for the warning bud, it was posted about ages ago on these boards, god knows what it is but why they added it is clear.

If you only look at it before buying it looks like some pretty nice weed, i did an ipa extraction on the dust, and that certianly isnt kosher, cheers again for the heads up ;):yahoo:

• Like 1

Well wel well ,

I had the plesure :ouch: of going into nottingham again yesterday to pick me up an eighth to tide me over until my ak is dry :smoke:

20 pound bag ... at 1st looks good smells like the big buddha cheese ive smoked ..about 3 grams , is potent too lol

Then last night under the kitchen light while skinning up i noticed somthing shiny on me fingers , on closer inspection its glitter ;) & the buds have it on them too , why i dunno the buds are ok & smell nice so why they've added glitter ill never know :ninja:

Not the best pics its hard to pic the glitter up on camera but its there .... silver glitter OMD's :yahoo:

Watch out folks dodgys weeds about :!:

post-8325-1156760141_thumb.jpg

post-8325-1156760163_thumb.jpg

Watch out folks dodgys weeds about ;)

eeeewwww that looks most unnatural, I think if I didn't grow my own these days I'd just give up on it to be honest.