My Growdrobe, Step By Step

Church

ive already got 400 hps + 400 mh. whats the crack with the super spreader thing you are using, I've never seen on of them

It sits under the bulb, thus absorbing a lot of the heat, but it's also prismatic and reflects the light off the reflector giving a more even spread without the usual hotspot directly under the lamp.

Very handy. I think Joolz can get em if u ask him...

• Like 1

are you still taking the plants out to water them or are you doing it in place?

I take em out... there's no waterproofing at the bottom of the drobe, and I just got new carpet!!! :yahoo:

• Like 1

Guest elvis loved burgers

I think I will go for the attic grow room and just keep the ladies small its about 160cm tall at the peak probably allowing me about 60cm safe height for a full grown plant, not a lot of room like yourself I'll sprout 16 seeds, flower at 30cm regardless of age and hope for the best, I've decided to grow on rockwool with auto drip feeding, I can keep the resevoir in the top the cupboard where the hot water tank is and just drill holes to run up the pipes.

I think I will go for the attic grow room and just keep the ladies small its about 160cm tall at the peak probably allowing me about 60cm safe height for a full grown plant, not a lot of room like yourself I'll sprout 16 seeds, flower at 30cm regardless of age and hope for the best, I've decided to grow on rockwool with auto drip feeding, I can keep the resevoir in the top the cupboard where the hot water tank is and just drill holes to run up the pipes.

When you're growing from seed, you won't get the best out of your plants unless you veg em to maturity... and any subsequent clones will be immature too...

• Like 1

elvis just grow to maturity take cutting off your plants, then flower those clones at 30cm. Should work out ok but it will slow down your grow a bit initially.

Hope it helps

Just as a little aside, here's my fan controller - pretty none standard!

post-7455-1139887132_thumb.jpg

Handy though, didn't have to wire it in - it just plugged straight in! :yinyang:

Hi

Where did you get your plug-in fan speed controller from?

Cheers

Griff

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally did it - a year after starting my first grow with info from here, I am now into my second - this time in compost, but my growing location wasn't ideal - and was pretty obvious to anyone who visited - soooooo cometh the Growdrobe!

post-7455-1139174823_thumb.jpg

Basic Ingredients:

Argos Double Wardrobe

400w HPS Lamp

RVK125 - A1 Extraction Fan

Carbon Filter

Ducting

Homebase 3 corner shelf set (cheap)

Reflectagrow

Thermometer/Hygrometer

Smoke Detector

Anti-Bacterial Oven Hood Filter

Bungee Cords

Aluminium Tape

A bit of Polstyrene

Passive Intakes (at the mo)

Spare Carpet from my new bedroom carpet!

Lots of screws, hooks, no-more-nails and patience

Stage 1: Put up the Wardrobe - not as easy as it sounds when you have a back condition. Took me 2 days and killed like hell!!!

post-7455-1139175196_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good idea, the wardrobe i mean, but you would do far better using the

LED grow lamps. I used them in portugal last year. I had no problems assosiated

with heat or burn. now you can get realy good results using LED's. :wassnnme:

They're not easily available yet dude, and I know they're not entirely proven. HPS is a proven effective light, and seems to be working great on my ladies!

Quick edit to add - Congratulations to me for my 2000th post :spliff::yinyang:

Edited by Church
  • Like 1

hi thats a great set up u got there what i think u really to do is get that extraction pipe out of the room somwhow. do u have a air vent in the room?(i mean one from outside) i notice the air is just re-circulating around the wardrope

if u get the extraction sorted your hps will be fine nice and cool and they light spreaders r really good little things

Edited by mr_green01