Ac Infinity 69 Controller owners club

sweettooth

Hello, I have 2 vipar xs1500 pro lights in two tents controlled by ac infinity pro 69 controllers. I have found with the A type dongle that the light will occasionally dim down then back up to its setting on its own. It’s random and happens with both controller and lights. I am in USA so I control on/off with ac infinity ac plug switch and dim with rj cord to light. Have any of you experienced this? I was thinking maybe the A dongle is the wrong one. I can’t find info on vipar dimmer switch. Thanks for any help. 

I don’t think you’re on your own groot :no:

I’m sure I read about @Military Grade and others having a similar problem.

I think we’re all gradually finding out that AC Infinity products aren’t actually as good as they first appear.

I’m already having to replace an 8” extraction fan from them,

that’s only been in use for a couple of years because it has started squeaking :wallbash:

Welcome to UK420 :skin_up:

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

I think we’re all gradually finding out that AC Infinity products aren’t actually as good as they first appear.

I’m already having to replace an 8” extraction fan from them,

that’s only been in use for a couple of years because it has started squeaking :wallbash:

Have you seen what they require from you before they will even think about a replacement ???

@Shumroom  @groot  I've yet to buy the type A adapter for my XS1500 PRO, the only problem I've seen is with the the light itself, the light is only capable of being dimmed down to 5%, this means the AC controllers can also only dim to 5% instead of off. This can be fixed with a smart plug.

The Type A is the right one for the light BTW, the XS1500 PRO uses the 0-10v dimmer :yep:

What setting are you using on the controller? Someone might be able to help who has used the light controlling functions.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

@The Villan no I haven’t even looked to see if it is still under any warranty.

I’ve just looked back on one of my diaries:

It looks like I probably bought the fan around 3 years ago.

If Adam was still around I’d speak to him,

but he’s not :( 

Just checked the AC Infinity website,

they offer a 2 year warranty.

Atb

• Like 2

I mentioned to the growshop I bought it from that it had started making a clicking noise when in oscillating mode. They wanted me to submit a video of it in situ  :) with it oscillating and it not oscillating and the video must have sound to identify the clicking. I for one wont be using ac infinity kit anymore. I will be needing  ( I think ) at some point an intake fan and I will be going down the systemair route for sure.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Military Grade said:

@Shumroom  @groot  I've yet to buy the type A adapter for my XS1500 PRO, the only problem I've seen is with the the light itself, the light is only capable of being dimmed down to 5%, this means the AC controllers can also only dim to 5% instead of off. This can be fixed with a smart plug.

The Type A is the right one for the light BTW, the XS1500 PRO uses the 0-10v dimmer :yep:

What setting are you using on the controller? Someone might be able to help who has used the light controlling functions.

Not sure I know what you mean by setting? I have one port dimming the light and another port controlling smart switch on/off

Opened my tent this morning to find my S6 fan not ocsilating!

anybody know if there is a fix to this? iv contacted the shop iv bought it from, just waiting to hear back to see what they say, thought i finally found a decent fan! but obviously not

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

Opened my tent this morning to find my S6 fan not ocsilating!

Anyone else having issue with the S6 fan :( .... just so can feel better about buying a new one this week. :skull:

5 minutes ago, The Villan said:

I will be interested to see how they reply @Bobcharlieeeee .

What Villian says .... :yinyang:

:woot:

• Like 1

Just now, Bobcharlieeeee said:

@The Villan Il let you know! Probably the same old shitty arguments! out of warrenty / wear and tear / misuse

If you scroll back a bit you will see exactly what they asked me to do. I shall wait till the tents empty and then send them one in, thing is apart from the noise when oscillating the fan is more or less silent when not oscillating, this is a big plus for me. Have heard a few lads mention the clicking after using the oscillation feature after a while, but to me its an oscillating fan and you shouldn't have to set it on a timer to "rest" it as they suggest on the website. Seeing as it is nearly 70 quid with postage, may have been over 70 quid actually, you would think it would work as intended.

• Like 2

Just now, The Villan said:

Seeing as it is nearly 70 quid with postage, may have been over 70 quid actually, you would think it would work as intended.

Fecking right mate .... Now I got one in my hand, I am disappointed, the cost of that fan does not match the quality, saying that I am happy with the controller and extractor

• Like 1

Mine still working fine(touch wood), I was one of the early ones on here to get one.

I only have it Oscillating in mid to late flower, and also have it on cycle mode 10hrs on/10mins off.

Tho I do have USB Oscillating fans on the floor for the most of my grows in the big tent. They seem pretty reliable I've had them longer than the AC one and they have been Oscillating for much longer. As seen here.

large.20230717_002845.jpg

I did think about getting another AC one for my little tent but as it would take up too much room in a 40x40 I decided not to, I found these non Oscillating USB fans really cheap on the big river site that can be hanged, they kept having sales for them so I bought a bunch of them just incase they didn't last long, at £4.99 each(sale price) they seem pretty decent. I got one above each LED light driver and one and circulation in the little tent.

One for circulation

large.20230928_012955.jpg

One above the light

large.20230725_195459.jpg

I plan to setup another one in the little tent later into the grow.

Anyone interested in a fan for small spaces search "Kazaigou fan" on the big river. Note the cable that comes with it ain't the logest so you will probably have to buy a cheap 2m Type C cable for poundland or home bargains.

• Like 1