Ac Infinity 69 Controller owners club

sweettooth

Did you enter a leaf offset temp and max and min fan speeds? My 67 never worked well until I entered one. It takes a bit of patience to set up, but once dialled in its sound 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flamedodger said:

Did you enter a leaf offset temp and max and min fan speeds? My 67 never worked well until I entered one. It takes a bit of patience to set up, but once dialled in its sound 👍🏼

Ive not set the leaf temp offset yet but i have a min fan speed of 2 and max of 5......... Temp fan trigger set at 28, low setting OFF.........Humidity fan trigger 65%, low OFF 

Humidity swings wildly at the mo, triggers at 65 and pushes upto 80,  fan speed triggering up every 2 mins to compensateem

For a humidifier, i have a mist maker in a bucket of water with a small fan blowing onto the water, connected to an inkbird.

Ganna keep playing with settings but if i cant solve it i think ill bite the bullet and get the AC T7 humidifier

Good call on the leaf temp offset, to be honest id forgot to set that, left my head as clients have been driving me round the bend lol 

Yea there’s also min and max humidity, that’s where you’re getting your swings from. I have my temps set to 34° max 25° min humidity max 67% and min 52%. I found  varying the min humidity settings changes the big swings. There are also automations in the app which you can use to change the lights on/off environment settings. When my plants get bigger, I’ll ditch the humidifier as the dehumidifier will be on 24/7. I used Inkbirds separate from my controller and it’s a ballache, different sensors send signals at different intervals and add to that 5% differentiation and they can start working against each other.

You don’t really have to worry too much about humidity till they’re in flower and if it’s a bit high, then it’ll help with predators (if you ever need them) as they thrive with a high RH.

I have done my leaf offset so many times and it’s always -2° under a Par+240 it’s normal for LED. Try adding that in as a leaf offset👍🏼

• Thanks 1

Think I’ve got this sorted now, been stable a while now with no wild swings

made some adjustments to the inkbird

Set humidity to 60

Set HD to 3

Set DD to 4

then the following settings, happy days

large.IMG_0535.png.6627fe4769463404799e2e5223c8f25f.pnglarge.IMG_0536.png.4996448132f77734add758b0af6bb76d.pnglarge.IMG_0537.png.bf506ddd5df94599bcf9604c6ecc5e79.png

• Like 1

Even with all my settings setup nicely, i still have to rely on the Dehumidifier to deal with high humidity. This also stops the swings in fan speeds and keeps it all more stable.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Military Grade said:

Even with all my settings setup nicely, i still have to rely on the Dehumidifier to deal with high humidity. This also stops the swings in fan speeds and keeps it all more stable.

Thanks mate, im in very early veg at the mo,  would normally have RH higher but liking the VPD settings on this, keeping it bang in the middle of perfect now

• Like 1

Still rocking my 69 atm. Haven't ditched it yet in favour of the gas controller, much easier controlling under hids atm. (running 2 x MH and a lumatek 465)  Only thing I've done is set separate extraction settings to avoid the initial lights on temperature spike and the inevitable early morning drop in outside temps to keep it more level.

Agree that running the inkbirds alongside was a ball ache.

Keeps my temps between 25 and 26 and RH also sits around 65.

Yet to play with vpd settings,  is that only available adding a vpd function? I tend to only use the advanced auto routines

large.Screenshot_20240309_110233_ACInfinity.jpg.8576ab1afd3563212d39eb781d5f688f.jpg

Think I’m ganna get the T7 humidifier, the inkbird is a pain, tried to up my humidity a bit and it’s not so stable now. The 2 controllers fighting each other isn’t great. Shame there’s no uk version of the control plug available.

they are going to make one, they just don’t know when it will be released 

also I’m extracting through a large air brick so not as free flowing as it should be, think that might be causing a little back draft 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

T7 looks sweet, make sure you use RO water.

I found when using the inkbirds, I left the 69 to manage temps and left out the humidity setting, that allowed me to dial in the inkbirds better

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sweettooth said:

Still rocking my 69 atm. Haven't ditched it yet in favour of the gas controller, much easier controlling under hids atm. (running 2 x MH and a lumatek 465)  Only thing I've done is set separate extraction settings to avoid the initial lights on temperature spike and the inevitable early morning drop in outside temps to keep it more level.

Agree that running the inkbirds alongside was a ball ache.

Keeps my temps between 25 and 26 and RH also sits around 65.

Yet to play with vpd settings,  is that only available adding a vpd function? I tend to only use the advanced auto routines

large.Screenshot_20240309_110233_ACInfinity.jpg.8576ab1afd3563212d39eb781d5f688f.jpg

Makes sense to control your humidity with VPD. I have an automation that turns the humidifier of during darkness, then into vpd mode when the lights come on. I find target mode works best here

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, darXound said:

Makes sense to control your humidity with VPD. I have an automation that turns the humidifier of during darkness, then into vpd mode when the lights come on. I find target mode works best here

but what does vpd mode prefer, humidity or temperature? I guess one would need the humidifier element as well to properly use the vpd function? if humidity was too high, I wouldn't want to ramp up my extraction to just lower temps and cause vpd to go out even further to then add more heat using money, it certainly is a fine balancing act

30 minutes ago, sweettooth said:

but what does vpd mode prefer, humidity or temperature? I guess one would need the humidifier element as well to properly use the vpd function? if humidity was too high, I wouldn't want to ramp up my extraction to just lower temps and cause vpd to go out even further to then add more heat using money, it certainly is a fine balancing act

Id say humidity as it dosen't make much sense to be raising and lowering temps. It's far easier to control humidity with a humidifier to get your VPD in range.... In my case my room is rarely too humid so I'm always adding water to the air, rather than removing it. If you need to do that though, you can have multiple parameters controlling a device so in my case, I have the extraction fan linked to temperature going from level 3 at 21 degrees and below, then it ramps up by 1 level for every additional degree of heat using transition mode. It also has a humidity trigger set so if the humidity gets to 70%, it comes on full whack to suck moisture out of the air until it gets to 65, although this very rarely happens - it's a shame VPD mode can't be used in conjunction with the heat triggers, but I know because of my ambient temps that keeping below 70% will keep my vpd in range.

@darXound

I use temp trigger to keep temp at 26, lights come on at 4pm so have scheduled timings for different minimum and max fan speeds as the outside temp will drop off and get cold overnight. I don't need to add heat, only ramp up and down the extraction to keep within my target, RH often follows and is the range I want. with all controllers, if I set a too low RH trigger, all that more important heat gets sucked out, I'd rather it warm and a tad dry than cooler and wet. different setups require different triggers. also completely different between led and hid. I get my heat from the bulb where as most led growers get thier heat from heaters. had a play with the vpd mode but started lowering my temps too much.

I do like the firmware update though, temp target as opposed to range.