Ac Infinity 69 Controller owners club

sweettooth

Been using the 69 controller for about half a grow so far, great controller with lots of features. Using the sunset sunrise feature controlling my lights which helps great at controlling the dew point after lights out and avoiding sudden drop in temps/spike in humidity.

Never been a fan of the humidity triggers on the fan functions, often find the outside air is too humid and just drags down the temperatures. I am finding its quite a but out compared to my inkbirds, unsure if it needs calibrating or which one to trust. One improvement they could make is the temperature control, compared to my gas controller which would ramp up the fan as it reached my set temp, the 69 ramps up after the set temp which often means setting your desired temp lower than you want which is annoying.

Anyone using the vpd function to maintain fan control?

How are you using your controller?

• Like 3

So many variables, difficult to say what works best for the user. You're pulling air from outside, you think it might work better if reversed? i.e, pushing drier indoor air outside? Anyway, the wifi function and light dimming function alone is worth the expense. I'm yet to use mine in the flower cupboard, but it looks good for most users. Not sure the VPD is very accurate, as the inkbird and govee probes are usually way out compared to the 69..

• Like 2

I use mine of auto mode with a threshold of 3%, min 1 and max 7. Max Humidity trigger 45% and temps max cap at 28c.

I use tube heaters to stop my lights off temps going down and stop Humidity going up. I don't pull or push air outside tho my grow is in my bedroom.

Not sure any of that helps your cause but worth shearing anyways :bong:

• Like 4

I've been tempted but have found that the settings on the extractor, the oscillating fans and having my tube hitched up to a smart plug have been enough.

If I ever get around to turning the whole bedroom into a grow room then I might invest but not until then.

• Like 1

I love my 69, and run in auto mode. But I feel i under use it right now .... temp/fan control. Max temp 28c fan on up to 5 ... no low temp set, no need to. Still playing with humidity settings .... high humidity low temp, high temp low humidity ... right now got a temp of 26c and humidity 89% and vpd 0.36

If I set the fan to min 1 on all the time, I get a temp hanging around 27-28c with humidity 30-40% and vpd of 1.90-2.50 give or take.

Looking at getting a fan for the controller and a UIS Control Plug for control of lights.

Also love my AC fan ... it's excellent at what it does, never had to go above 5.

:hippy:

This morning

large.6469cd29cc762_screen21-5-23.jpg

Edited by handysmoker
pic
  • Like 2

I see a review last night where they put a non AC led light connected to the 69 controller via adapter, if the light itself don't turn off via the built in dimming knob then 0% on the 69 controller also won't fully turn the light off. Food for thought

Unless they can patch this somehow it rules out using my 69 controller with my XS1500 PRO.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, handysmoker said:

humidity 89%

Are you trying to break a recored for shortest lived carbon filter lol

• Like 2

Just now, Military Grade said:

Are you trying to break a recored for shortest lived carbon filter

What is the record :) ... trying not to,

I'm learning right now ... @ moment humidity is 71 and going down and temp 26.3, fan set on 2 max. got a high of 70 and low of 60% set ... too much ?

:hippy:

I'll do a bit more research on that Non AC lights compatible. Def getting fan :george:

Edited by handysmoker

15 minutes ago, handysmoker said:

What is the record :) ... trying not to,

No idea mate was just a bit of banter. Probably one day with some of the crappie made CF out there lol

Chasing VPD kinda has to be balanced with canna, can run the risk of PM or bud rot, I've seen some grower in mid to late flower instead of rasing their humidity to reach the VPD they want they lower the temps so the required humidity for said VPD is lower.

All a balancing act, I did a grow fully keeping VPD and while in veg they seemed very happy in flower it didn't seem to make much difference, my flower tent has been in the 40's-50's most grows and still done ok.

This would also depend on the strains capability to withstand bud rot, some can handle higher humidity just fine.

I'm coming from a place who had bud rot and never wanted to run the risk of it happening again Probably making me over cautious lol

I'll stop waffling now sorry :bong:

The fan you say about getting do you mean the Cloudray S6 clip on fan?

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2

my flower tent has been in the 40's-50's

Been doing that for most of this grow with fan set to min 1 and that tends to keep it around 35-40% and switching off the humidity sensor on this setting it all stays within reasonable range ... I think unless you got everything, a home grow will find it hard to be perfect ... it's a tight rope act ... :unsure:

The fan you say about getting do you mean the Cloudray S6 clip on fan?

Yes .... should I know something :hippy: was gonna us it to replace the ram which I think is crap.

3 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

I'll stop waffling now sorry :bong:

I'm OK with it :smokin:

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, handysmoker said:
40 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Cloudray S6 clip on fan?

Yes .... should I know something :hippy: was gonna us it to replace the ram which I think is crap

I've had mine for a while now, I like it.

In my 60x60 tent level 5 is more than enough, the fan it self is very quiet mid to low speeds, the Oscillating made a strange sound for the first couple of minutes when I first turned it on then they went away.

My current grow I didn't have the fan Oscillating until about week 4 flower (but do have a Oscillating USB fan on the floor) and when I turned the Oscillating back on it does make a little sound but has seemed to have gone since.

All in all so far would definitely recommend it for owners of the AC controllers. I have mine set on cycle mode 10 hrs on 5mins off long story about warranty lol

P.s seeing videos online don't let it press against the sides of the tent when Oscillating:yep:

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Military Grade said:

I've had mine for a while now, I like it.

In my 60x60 tent level 5 is more than enough, the fan it self is very quiet mid to low speeds, the Oscillating made a strange sound for the first couple of minutes when I first turned it on then they went away.

My current grow I didn't have the fan Oscillating until about week 4 flower (but do have a Oscillating USB fan on the floor) and when I turned the Oscillating back on it does make a little sound but has seemed to have gone since.

All in all so far would definitely recommend it for owners of the AC controllers. I have mine set on cycle mode 10 hrs on 5mins off long story about warranty lol

P.s seeing videos online don't let it press against the sides of the tent when Oscillating:yep:

That's my only gripe with what is otherwise a great bit of kit, they should've made the arm a 2 or 3 inches longer. It's not a big deal as curtain wire does the job but it is something they should taken into consideration when designing it.

Mine has enough space either side, just have to make sure it is centered each time you move it up and down the pole.

If it poked out anymore it would be eating too much into my canopy space.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Mine has enough space either side, just have to make sure it is centered each time you move it up and down the pole.

If it poked out anymore it would be eating too much into my canopy space.

You have yours at canopy level ? 

Live and learn, I always thought it'd do more damage than good blowing straight through.