This Years .. Limited .. Offerings 2023

OldFord

Bits have been ordered :yep:       Mrs OF has offered to sew the hems up with some stainless rods to add weight.     Things are moving  &  Beans in soak :george:    

• Like 6

lol good on Mrs OF 

So not only will it work flawlessly, it's gonna look fuckin smart too :)

Think I want to see this coming together nearly as much as I want to see your plants growing @OldFord, nearly as much :)

Good luck auld yin :yep:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Head Rose'n'Tail said:

lol good on Mrs OF 

So not only will it work flawlessly, it's gonna look fuckin smart too :)

Think I want to see this coming together nearly as much as I want to see your plants growing @OldFord, nearly as much :)

Good luck auld yin :yep:

Cheers mucker :yep:      It will be half arsed but functional ,  basic for now just to see me through but i can improve on it at a later stage -  can give guys a parts list for them to do their own , this will be for a 6 plant frame but only doing 4 so i can maximise space.   

• Like 5

Dunno why I always seem to forget about the greenhouse section and missed ur early start.

Like your automation plan butty and sorry to hear about your health problems but if anybody can make it work it's you dude.

Good luck will follow along so I don't miss nothing.

• Like 5

It'll be nice to see what you come up with @OldFord bud :) have thought about it myself, pulleys, motors, slide along the frame or large frame at one side that would envelope the area when dropped, like a level crossing barrier :) I'm away to do some 'traispotting' now, but I'll be back to see what unfolds :) Choo Choo lol

• Like 4

Just now, OldFord said:

Its working :yahoo:

Top idea mate could do it along the lines of the shades on the side of camper vans if you do a rolling out one could use a black out roller blind the big ones just an idea have to take some pics pulling up a seat how you get your health problems sorted mate

• Like 2

Just now, Baron von greenback said:

Top idea mate could do it along the lines of the shades on the side of camper vans if you do a rolling out one could use a black out roller blind the big ones just an idea have to take some pics pulling up a seat how you get your health problems sorted mate

Sorry mate  , that was referring to the last changes i was trying in order to use this site as been having major headaches lol     

As for the light dep ,  it will most likely be a clam shell style to afford me maximum light when covers off ,  all work in progress , prob change numerous times til im happy lol   

It will work and more than happy to share specs m  will put the final design & parts list on here for anyone that wants to use it.   prob 4 & 6 plant options.  

1 minute ago, OldFord said:

Sorry mate  , that was referring to the last changes i was trying in order to use this site as been having major headaches lol     

As for the light dep ,  it will most likely be a clam shell style to afford me maximum light when covers off ,  all work in progress , prob change numerous times til im happy lol   

It will work and more than happy to share specs m  will put the final design & parts list on here for anyone that wants to use it.   prob 4 & 6 plant options.  

Sounds good mate like to see the finished product won't you have to have all 4 sides and the top covered or is just doing the top enough 

10 hours ago, Baron von greenback said:

Sounds good mate like to see the finished product won't you have to have all 4 sides and the top covered or is just doing the top enough 

It will be a arched winged system ,  based around a blue pallet base ,  imagine a clock face ... open 2.45    closed 12 ,  prob a few degrees over so they close with no light leaks so 1 will be slightly smaller than the other to ensure its light proof.    That way i get max daylight ,  water can drain away from inside as it closes.    Simple stuff , using  smaller diameter stainless rod.

This one will be to get me through the run ,  will be developed as & when i got time :yep:         

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Exile420 said:

chrome doesnt work for me mate lol 

I turned off a setting as described in the feedback pages and it appears to be working , prior to that i have been having mares for months !!    

Im not pc savvy ,  dont want to get external help ,  so its needs must or leave this wonderful group as cant post pics.

Dude bit of topic but would you know the paint code for a 69 Tina it's like a very light blue we picked her up yesterday and we think she has had a colour change 

Took loads pics for u will upload them when I get home 

Edited by murphyblue
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

Dude bit of topic but would you know the paint code for a 69 Tina it's like a very light blue we picked her up yesterday and we think she has had a colour change 

There was 2 in that era mate ,  most popular was -

Ford Diamond Blue  code  FG / E    and most likely to be that.            The other was Ford Light Blue  code  CG        

most likely Du Pont coating too.      PPG were on the go but deliveries to the plants were unreliable.   

Quite a few good colour charts around if you have any traces of the original paint to match.    Inner bulkhead is prob best area to match from as no UV fade :yep:

Hope that helps mate

Edited by OldFord
Spelling ...as usual
  • Like 1