This Years .. Limited .. Offerings 2023

OldFord

Just now, Revive said:

@OldFord how you doing brother?

I seem to be a bit behind and have only just found this.. man it fills me with joy to see you will be taking part this season, seriously dude it put a smile on my face as soon as I started reading it, needed something to lift my mood..perfect :yep:

Really happy to hear your feeling a bit better, never realised you had surgery mucker but very glad to hear its made some difference to how your feeling..fukung great news.

Along for the ride of course even if it is a tad early to get too comfy lol everyone's keen this year diarys already flying about all over the gaff.. cant get fuk all done me my plots are super exposed this time of year so its pretty much no go or ill blow them up lurking about the place..

Really pleased your back in the game sunshine, those magical green fingers are made for this:)

Be lucky oldford :yinyang:

Thank you kindly squire,  been meaning to hit you up but struggling with posting let alone sending messages lol        Some days its hard enough just to log in.

Yeah the tail end of last year was horrible / touch n go ,  but unexpected surgery come up  last wk of Nov  and jumped on it  ,  so far the gambles paying off but a long way to go.

Eternally grateful to the good people that donate to charities !!     

Im bouncing to be out at it this season mate,  you got no idea how much i just want to get into it now !        

Early start with the diary just as a kind of distraction for the single cell until i get some beans wet.   Working for now lol    

Seems to be lots of outdoors runs this year and guessing the energy sham is to blame for that !!    All for new growers getting outdoors :yep:

I feel you on the winter die back and leaving ones derriere fully exposed when frolicking in the fields !    J

ust be careful mate ,  hoping for Big Tings this year from you after that incredible , unreal , beautiful specimen of GLZ :yahoo:    She was stunning and may i congratulate you on your most deserved win !!   I think i was too rough to be around here and missed you being crowned but i did cast my vote.      I think i still have 1 or 2 beans left :wassnnme:   

For me it will be a half arsed grow this year , so dont expect a good flower & colour show ,  hence not wanting to run trial beans and give myself a showing up lol    

big love and be watching for your kick off mate.   

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Yeah the tail end of last year was horrible / touch n go ,  but unexpected surgery come up  last wk of Nov  and jumped on it

Really good news this mate, your a brave man that took his chance and thank the lord you have come out the other end all the better for it :)

56 minutes ago, OldFord said:

Im bouncing to be out at it this season mate,  you got no idea how much i just want to get into it now !        

I can see its given you a new lease of life and your chomping at the bit your a warrior buddy :yes:

59 minutes ago, OldFord said:

, beautiful specimen of GLZ :yahoo:    She was stunning and may i congratulate you on your most deserved win !!   I think i was too rough to be around here and missed you being crowned but i did cast my vote.     

Thanks me ol mate, tbf all credit goes to slim for the genetics but she was a pleasure to grow and i was chiluffed to bits to win of course..not many of us outdoor folk end up in that comp so nice to see theres been a few more of us recently.

1 hour ago, OldFord said:

For me it will be a half arsed grow this year , so dont expect a good flower & colour show

I'm sure what ever you do it will be a delight for us all, its how you roll brother ;)

Keep kicking on and be lucky oldford

Big love mucker :yinyang:

• Like 5

@Revive     When i can be lucky enough to be able to load pics i will get some my GLZ dried nuggets shots up :yep:        Nice colours & lovely formation and big buds :yep:   

Gutted i wont get to smoke her :wallbash:     Everything strictly MCT , Oil , Butter , Edibles. 

After being lucky enough to get literally  ...last minute.com surgery  all from the kindness of generous  donations  theres no way im carrying on smoking and adding to the problems ! 

i dont seem to miss cigs that much , but  the very fact that i have a jar of each plant i ran last year and jars of previous years all sitting there winking at me  ,,,,,,

just fondling some of my fav buds from over the years  , the smell that burst out when you manhandle it  , that feeling of the delicate crumbling ritual , juuuust the right pressure to get a nice even crumble , no lumps just a healthy &  heavily packed skin ,  the concentration  , the ritual of skinning up , each to their own chosen methodologies lol   Wrapping the perfectly neat cone  , admiring your skills ,  its beautiful , a thing of beauty  ,  you gently pull on it just to check it before you light it  :george:   You can just taste the love !!!   The flavours are so nice  ,,,,,,,,,

And then one needs to pass it to the polite company to take it away :wallbash:     I so so badly wanted to light it , i was drooooling like my old Squishy Face The Feckin  Bulldog lol 

I literally was drooling mate,  the 1st rolling ritual in a year  , been strictly edibles  only & no cigs.  

^^^^  That rolling & pulling  ritual situation was Mrs OF's Sister ,  caught me surprise visit a few days after New Year ...i was  right in the middle of decanting all my jars  ...  11 strains and  2 or 3 plants of each  m  so ,  3 or 4 jars of each after giving Xmas bits & pieces out , oils , MCT , edibles,   ,  jars all open everywhere the place stunk badlt ... ding dong .. its only me  ... lol      

She cant remeber the week ... so its all golden 

• Like 9

I didn't realise just how ritualistic rolling a fat joint was until I stopped with the combustion.... It really takes you to another place, if that makes sense. Not quite the same when you load up the crafty capsule and press the orange button lol. Incredibly evocative description @OldFord

• Like 4

Just now, Idicanna jones said:

I didn't realise just how ritualistic rolling a fat joint was until I stopped with the combustion.... It really takes you to another place, if that makes sense. Not quite the same when you load up the crafty capsule and press the orange button lol. Incredibly evocative description @OldFord

Mate , nothing else in life or time matters when the ritual commences :B):       Was so nice ,  just to sit there rolling again , the art & ritual of rolling the perfect smoke ,  that taste was awesome , i sent her away with a hefty cone loaded with the original Choc Mint OG ,  so much flavour ,  heavy hitter and just awesome.    Wrapped a few for other polite company since and Paniks Lemon Cake tasttes sublime ,  SeedStockers Apoko Black Cherry taste is just divine :wub:    So looking at the hars .. i do get the urge ... badly lol   

• Like 6

I could pick my own out via a blind taste test.... 

I always remember listening to the doors live, and Jim Morrison proclaiming that "you could pick your teeth with a new York joint"... And from that day forth I always rolled skinny javelin joints with a fat cone on the end. Nobody else liked them, and that was just fine by me

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Idicanna jones said:

I could pick my own out via a blind taste test.... 

I always remember listening to the doors live, and Jim Morrison proclaiming that "you could pick your teeth with a new York joint"... And from that day forth I always rolled skinny javelin joints with a fat cone on the end. Nobody else liked them, and that was just fine by me

Each to their own style & method ,  its the ritual for me :B):    Just lose yourself for a few brief moments ,  happy times ,  now not smoking its a total  pleasure to wrap up for the polite & unable company, 

• Like 4

You make it sound like such an art form dude. Look forward to sharing one with bass cat one day, whilst we discuss the merits of polyurethane Vs string in :cheers:

• Like 3

@OldFord I think you will like the Train Wreck I grew it along side greenhouse version several years back Sagarmathas version blew it away think I might have a couple beans left gonna have to check 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OldFord said:

Just fondling some of my fav buds from over the years  , the smell that burst out when you manhandle it  , that feeling of the delicate crumbling ritual , juuuust the right pressure to get a nice even crumble , no lumps just a healthy &  heavily packed skin ,  the concentration  , the ritual of skinning up , each to their own chosen methodologies lol   Wrapping the perfectly neat cone  , admiring your skills ,  its beautiful , a thing of beauty  ,  you gently pull on it just to check it before you light it  :george:   You can just taste the love !!!   The flavours are so nice  ,,,,,,,,,

Man you've just totally nailed (in words) the satisfaction of smoking what you've grown yourself... taking a minute to look at the bud before you crumble/grind it, trying to comprehend it's significance.. such a special moment! 

Maybe you just got a seed that was destined to be unhappy (with the panty punch), the apollo black cherry I have at the mo has been miserable from the get go, could just be a sulker 

Tell you what, I've looked at the sagarmatha seeds website and they have some really interesting stuff. I'll be waiting until i have the means to keep mothers with them being at a higher price point but a mental note is made :)

Btw I have to say I wasn't even aware that charities took that kind of action and I'm really ignorant to the input they have but after reading this it's given me a new appreciation so thanks, hopefully one day soon I'll be able to make a contribution..

Sorry this reply is a bit disjointed, not great at stitching my points together, but as revive said it really was heartwarming to see you post this diary so cheers to you buddy!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bfehillbilly said:

@OldFord I think you will like the Train Wreck I grew it along side greenhouse version several years back Sagarmathas version blew it away think I might have a couple beans left gonna have to check 

I highly rate Sararmatha  ,  numerous garden runs ,  quite a few runs of varying cultivars of indoor grown within our Pensioner Collective and all have ended with top class end product.

I did see either last year or previous year that i believe was @MindSoup did a Honolulu  Haze that wasnt very hazey or Big Island ,  but other than that i have been impressed. 

The Train Wreck is indeed a garden fav making a comeback in my garden !    Some rather pleasing end product in the past , some dense indoor crumbly nuggets outside :notworthy:

The current 5 pack of Winds ,  i gave 4 away and kept 1 for me , hopefully another pack in the pipeline ,  the Kali Train Wreck was via the  'Tude at good money and the Purple PineCone indica was via the Pick N Mix at the 'Tude  ,  would have been rude not to grab them :yep:       

The Austrian Canna shop was the best pricing i have found and the only ones to carry a wide selection ,  bought a few varying flavours and got some very nice freebies , also seen some outdoor girls i hadnt seen the genetics of before  , some rather interesting bits for me to work through :smoke:    

• Like 4

@RustyBiff   Thank you mate for the kind words ,   yes its a wonderful ritual lol      I had no idea that the charities money went on things like it did ,  but the technology that saved me was built on donations from companies & individuals ,  so im forever grateful mate.     

I do charity work for Help For Heroes and give to Animal Charities ,  will now help Cancer Charities with a passion now !!   Keep an eye on the Hi Fi Thread ... for a project with fund raising at the core of the project. 

My Panty Punch froze her ass off in the April sun lol      It was simply too cold and too soon to be outside and she didnt like it  , trying to get a jump on the light dep ,  this year i have disabilities to delay my enthusiasm of getting into it  lol    Hopefully patience will prevail and i get lucky :yep:

• Like 5

@Idicanna Jones       The last run of Winds in light dep was ,  beans wet in March ,  under cfl indoors  , brought on then outside in April , veg til 1st June ,  topped during veg and the end results were beautiful sir.       A multi headed ,  arm sized bud monster  ,  just big dense long kolas.

Will be doing the same method this year for all the light dep girls,   autos & full term fems i will go later than usual ,  top & bondage time ,  hopefully some small bushier girls to make it easier for me. 

thats the plan lol     time will tell :yep:      Will be a 1st june flip on the light dep girls ,  system nailed down and works for me.   

• Like 5

Sounds like a plan. The drobe shitshow should be done by then. She can go in with the earlies.... I'm getting the proper giddy kipper feeling already. Did you pot up and what size did you finish in??