AC Infinity Cloudray S6 Questions

Military Grade

16 minutes ago, Hazeytones said:

I don't own a vector yet but when I build a new space that would be my number one choice. The eviro4 is about £350 and that includes thermostatic control but your right the G.A.S setup is very expensive but I've never heard any complaints about their gear so I guess you get what you pay for.

On a cheaper option you could get a 6inch silenced ram which is basically the same as my ec flow for £160 plus £70 for a thermostatic controller so £230 all in or an 8 inch ac infinity for £185, to allow for noise, and the basic thermostatic controller for £55 so £240 all in. 

I guess it depends on how techy you are and how automated you want your system.

I don't have a problem with the controller I just don't think the fans are anything special and would rather run a silenced fan than another ac infinity fan.

That's fair. The extractor noise isn't an issue for me as I keep that in the loft and run it down into my grow room

8 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

Blimey for that price i'd at least want a better screen and UI interface panel 😱, Hope it has an app to get around it.

It has some sturdy buttons 🤣

• Haha 1

Yeah I wouldn't pay for the enviro4 either but I'd rather a silenced ec fan and the systemair vector is as good as they get, whether I could ever afford one or not is another thing and if I could I'd have to just use an ec1 or ec2 controller. Obviously if I could connect to the ac infinity controller I would but that's not possible, if that was the case I'd have bought another one to run my ec flow.

• Like 1

Yeah that's my other option if and when the time comes.... Still not sure how quiet an 8 inch would be though 🤔

• Like 1

Mind you, i'd bet you £1 that you could hook the ACI controller up to any controllable fan with a little wiring. The molex adapter converts uis to 4 pins, so it should just be a case of figuring out where they go

1 minute ago, Hazeytones said:

Yeah that's my other option if and when the time comes.... Still not sure how quiet an 8 inch would be though 🤔

Well i've got the 6 inch and it's basically silent up to the second speed. I wouldn't call it noisy until you get to half way

6 minutes ago, darXound said:

Mind you, i'd bet you £1 that you could hook the ACI controller up to any controllable fan with a little wiring. The molex adapter converts uis to 4 pins, so it should just be a case of figuring out where they go

I don't know, Adam at diyled had a mess about with one and didn't have any luck but said that they were ment to bring out an adaptor, don't know if that's going to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/02/2024 at 17:42, Military Grade said:

@darXound I just did the same, I'll update too if I get a reply first 👍

Just to update you on this brother, I had a reply from AC Infinity last night asking for my details. Looks like they're rolling out now 🙏

• Thanks 1

@darXound I totally forgot about this, I also had a reply, they said the offer for free shipped replacement was for US customers only.

They did ask for me to send them a video with a malfunction, probably is there's nothing wrong with mine lol

2 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

@darXound I totally forgot about this, I also had a reply, they said the offer for free shipped replacement was for US customers only.

They did ask for me to send them a video with a malfunction, probably is there's nothing wrong with mine lol

Sounds a bit sus, their statement was to replace them all regardless if there was anything wrong.

They did ask for my hydro store address rather than my own, so I presume they're sending them with regular consignments.

Did you get yours in person or online?

I can always shoot you a video of mine if you need it 😁

• Haha 1

I got mine from Adam who is now closed so no chance of it being sent back to store for me I don't think.

4 hours ago, darXound said:

Did you get yours in person or online?

Online from their official UK distributor.

4 hours ago, darXound said:

I can always shoot you a video of mine if you need it 😁

🤣

🤦‍♂️ I’ve just placed an order for the S6 Gen 2 and then found this thread. There goes another sixty quid down the drain. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, four2 said:

🤦‍♂️ I’ve just placed an order for the S6 Gen 2 and then found this thread. There goes another sixty quid down the drain. 

Nothing to worry about with the gen 2......... Should have got gen one though as it's basically buy one get gen 2 free atm 😛

• Haha 2