AC Infinity Cloudray S6 Questions

Military Grade

@The Villan the river has an EC version with no oscillation up for £75. It has a slightly higher ariflow rating (5-10%) & cheapest I could find.
ledgrowshop (if that's what its called) is slightly more expensive and then they also hit you with more than a  fiver shipping at checkout too.. 

I have had the kinky fan fetish shit going on for far too long now and with the number of little 5 inchers I've got lying around I could probably build a human flight drone. lol 

Looks like Volcano Classic Onyx Black is gonna have to wait a year or 2. 

:yinyang:

Edited by Axiom
  • Like 2

I got my Cloudray when it first came out and still running like new lol , tho I'm a big supporter of good USB fans, loads shit ones out there but I found a few gems both Oscillating and non Oscillating ones.

I too have a crap ton of fans I've bought dirt cheap because they was good and on sale, most fans I've had at once in a 60x60 is 5 lol Overkill tho, now down to 3 including the one that cools my LED lights driver.

Edited by Military Grade
spelling
  • Like 1

Just now, Military Grade said:

I got my Cloudray when it first came out and still running like new lol , tho I'm a big supporter of good USB fans, loads shit ones out there but I found a few gems both Oscillating and non Oscillating ones.

I too have a crap ton of fans I've bought dirt cheap because they was good and on sale, most fans I've had at once in a 60x60 is 5 lol Overkill tho, now down to 3 including the one that cools my LED lights driver.

Is it the oscillating one @Military Grade ? and it still doesn't click ? did you do as they say and use it on a timer to turn it off every now and again................. if the answer is yes, do you want to sell it :)

• Like 1

@The Villan

Yeah it's the Oscillating S6, I have it on cycle mode so it's on for 10 hours then turns off for 10mins then back on for 10 hours. I also don't turn the Oscillation on until flower. Still no clicks yet touch wood.

Definitely don't want to sell lol

• 2 weeks later...

large.IMG_2591.jpeglarge.IMG_2592.jpegMy first grow using 2 of these in a small space. Amazing fans easy to setup and program etc, extremely quiet to boot. 

My only complaint is the low hum when oscillating, I usually use bungees, but this fan has a really solid clamp that transfers the vibration. Anyone got any tips on making the oscillating feature quieter? 

Edited by Slippy One
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Anyone got any tips on making the oscillating feature quieter? 

Insulate between the clamp and support with some neoprene or similar, should stop vibrations...:yep:

• Like 1

I'm currently using a 3mm neoprene strip between the clamp and a PVC rubber stopper, but this requires pretty tight fitting steel bolt to the side of the cabinet, which I suspect transfers the low freq vibes.

When it kicks in, there's a definite rumble, which isn't loud but certainly a mechanical grind that's probably best deployed mid-late flower since it's in the bedroom, I'd love to know if anyone has successfully clamped the Cloudray using bungees, but can't see how the oscillation would work without the clamp.. 

• Like 1

My tent is sat on an inch thick rubber matt thats used for sound insualtion in vans. No vibrations at all. Except now that the fan clicks.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 30/10/2023 at 6:45 PM, Military Grade said:

@The Villan

Yeah it's the Oscillating S6, I have it on cycle mode so it's on for 10 hours then turns off for 10mins then back on for 10 hours. I also don't turn the Oscillation on until flower. Still no clicks yet touch wood.

Definitely don't want to sell lol

The cloudry oscillates 180degrees while the tent corner are 90.

Mine are touching the tent when oscillating so I need to use without oscillating or things to a different way to clamp ( maybe extra horizontal support)

How did you solve it?

12 hours ago, Amnesialocal said:

How did you solve it?

Mine only goes 90°, i have a little bit of cardboard corner protectors as tent spacers and gives me a few extra degrees.

If you have one that goes 180° then it's likley to be a manufacturing error.

Unless they released newer versions with options to change it via the app or mechanically on the fan itself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Mine only goes 90°, i have a little bit of cardboard corner protectors as tent spacers and gives me a few extra degrees.

If you have one that goes 180° then it's likley to be a manufacturing error.

Unless they released newer versions with options to change it via the app or mechanically on the fan itself.

My bad,

You are absolutely right,it is 90 degrees.

But does it touch the walls while oscillating looks coated on the corner?

• 1 month later...

Just to chime in here. I have an s6 that started clicking pretty quick. Hopefully this will apply to UK customers who purchased through dealers 

• Like 2

Looks like they launch products before they can do real time tests to see durability. Wonder how many product last they just launch without testing for a month or so ? It’s normal practice to field test most equipment before a launch 

• Like 1