Lil Daves Adventures in Dry Sift

lildaveham

Looks absolutely lovely @lildaveham fine work indeed, I’m a also big fan of good quality dry sift and prefer it over bubble has any day for the most part because as you say the taste is something else in a vape…

Damn thats another thing I’ve now added to my shopping list I’ll be skint by the new year thanks Lil D! lol

• Like 2

im no expert, by any means, but wouldnt you get a better return if the buds were pre ground? like before you started sifting.....i dunno, just thinking surface areas, might be totally wrong, just thinking aloud. 

it looks lovely , none the less and i hope you enjoy it.

i love a nice bit of hash, preffer it to green to be honest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

wouldnt you get a better return if the buds were pre ground? l

I think its to do with less contaminates falling through the screens keeping the trich heads cleaner :yep:

• Like 1

Yeah it’s much easier to sift the heads out when the material isn’t ground. As you move your material around the screens gently the trichome heads fall through the mesh and the gentler you are the less contaminants fall through.

:smokin:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Notorious B.U.D said:

Damn thats another thing I’ve now added to my shopping list I’ll be skint by the new year thanks Lil D! lol

Ahhhh but with the trees you grow you will have a big pile of sandy sift to console yourself lol 

Cheers for the kind comments, the technique and the screens do the hard work. Just gotta practice lots lol 

:smokin:

• Like 3

Nothing beats a good sift run. I gave my £300 bubblebag set away, swapped it for 2 XL screens.

I don't vape it anymore (too harsh and wrecks my lungs with tar), so everything goes into edibles or topicals. I could add another screen for a finer melt but this isn't necessary for oil/food grade infusions. I do love what smokers can do with fine grades that bubble when combusted, especially those glistening, golden melt balls I see. 

For me, after years of having too much trim, it's the best method in reducing kilos of rubbish into a few hundred grams of something special. :yep:

I'm brutal with the material, leave it out on the screens overnight and it's super crumbly. 2 work screens would be ideal, followed by a finer grade. 

With the leftovers, which is usually a large bag of green dust, soaked in isopropyl and Rick Simpson'd for making THC beeswax/coconut topical.

Another advantage is the edibles taste better if you make sift first. No more boiled spinach brownies. Just amazing edibles with a slight toasted hash flavour. :yep:

large.5f189dac31732_PNGimage3.png

large.IMG_6401.JPGlarge.IMG_6395.JPGlarge.IMG_6389.JPGlarge.IMG_6380.JPGlarge.IMG_6377.JPGlarge.5f189dadb4ff4_PNGimage2.png

• Like 21

Can anyone tell me the best material to use for the screens? Might make myself some over Christmas but seen some recommend stainless, some nylon

• Like 2

Wouldn't go the DIY route when they're so cheap from screen print suppliers. Pretty sure you need some tensioning machine to be effective. 

• Like 5

Just now, Slippy One said:

Wouldn't go the DIY route when they're so cheap from screen print suppliers. Pretty sure you need some tensioning machine to be effective. 

Ah!  Genius! What do you search for?  Screen print screens?

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 2

Love a bit of dry sift ! I’m with you on the difference to bubble which I do love but you can’t beat dry sift for flavour, I like it on top of my Dynavap load, the taste reminds me of half decent Moroccan or Lebanese from back in the day.

Anyway my last effort (about 2 years ago) pales in comparison to yours but here it is for the sake of adding a pic, 1 whole gram of dry sift :notworthy:

large.20200408_143200-756x1008.jpg

:thumsup:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Flamedodger said:

large.8B78F26D-B949-47BD-B82B-9CD06B58A427.jpeg@lildaveham great screens, I reckon they would be awesome on my vibration table. I might have a look :yep:

What the deuce?! Do you sit there twanging the straps to scintillate the trichomes through the mesh?

I was just thinking I could use an orbital sander (without paper) through a rubber pad to do the same if that works well..?

• Like 6