Lil Daves Adventures in Dry Sift

lildaveham

32 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

I remember that old thread, "self leveling" I think where the words used to describe the consistency.... 

Looks nice mate, especially if you're just messing around with old trim. 

Yeah its a handy way of doing it mate..I noticed when it dont hurt my foot anymore its pressed and done lol

Yeah never came out to shabby  thanks bro :yep:

• Like 4

Just now, rumplestilskin'n said:

@Revive where did you get those screens? sorry if I'm echoing 

Hey buddy..zoom into the leaflet on the top screen bro.. not cheap but premium quality :yep:

Just now, rumplestilskin'n said:

@Revivesorry bud but im a bit of an onion and i dont know what you mean by zooming into the leaflet at the top of the screen. 

lol I mean look at my picture the very top screen has a brush and leaflet on it with the company name bro.. tap the pic and make it bigger by zooming in :yep:

@rumplestilskin'n I know the small sets in the pic are out of stock atm but if you sign up to there news letter you will get notifications as soon as there back in..they go like hot cakes it would seem but they get restocked like every couple weeks or so..small set is a decent size to work with I find..never own a set before but these are the bizz I must say and i highly recommend them even for the price..I figure its a good investment for our hobby so worth every penny :yep:

• Like 2

cheers for the heads up revive, only coming round after i fainted when seeing the price of em. like you said though worth every penny for ppl like us who'd get the thorough use out of them

• Like 1

Hey folks another lil contribution from me making some dry sift hashish.

Still having a bit of a play around and yet to try the static tech method to fully clean the final product.. used a bag of old trim and some broken buds from last year..bag was put in the freezer for about 24 hours before it was put to work. Its fuking freezing in this flat so perfect temps for hash making lol

I got some pics of the process nothing to detailed but just to give folk some idea of what I did. I took a pic of each screen and a close up of what was on it..4 grades collected as you can see..the 75 and what fell through that screen was mixed together and put in an old pollen press that had been warmed in the oven.. again just playing around but it worked ok and produced a nice puck of decent hash :yep:

the other 2 grades im not sure what I'll do with as of yet but will prob press those together too then use that for something other than smoking, edibles maybe :)

anyway here are my efforts.

be lucky  :yinyang:large.20221216_000214_compress22.jpglarge.20221216_001920_compress86.jpglarge.20221216_002717_compress48.jpglarge.20221216_002723_compress66.jpglarge.20221216_004226_compress20.jpglarge.20221216_004231_compress42.jpglarge.20221216_005429_compress70.jpglarge.20221216_005434_compress55.jpglarge.20221216_010832_compress77.jpglarge.20221216_010840_compress82.jpglarge.20221216_010846_compress98.jpglarge.20221216_010852_compress17.jpglarge.20221216_010900_compress0.jpglarge.20221216_011509_compress8.jpglarge.20221216_123319_compress67.jpglarge.20221216_123413_compress85.jpglarge.20221216_123750_compress58.jpglarge.20221216_124513_compress66.jpg@lildaveham this is a much cleaner method than making bubble hash but the whole cleaning process of each screen front and back is a bit of a ball ache, still it kills an evening of boredom... great thread mate hopefully I'll get better with practice. Looking forward to achieving some melty goodness :yep:

• Like 14

Just now, MidgeSmith said:

Quick question is the pollen press one of the 10 quid from ebay jobbies or a particular make you'd recommend for reliability?

Cant remember where I got it mate tbh had it for at least a decade but its done the job.. it could just be rolled in baking paper with a hot water rolling pin so im gonna try that to at some point but for now just playing with options :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 1

I like de puck!  Most of the ones on amazon / ebay people say stick thread or the handle comes off in a couple of uses.  Junk versions of yours :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MidgeSmith said:

I like de puck!  Most of the ones on amazon / ebay people say stick thread or the handle comes off in a couple of uses.  Junk versions of yours :)

I'd guess some loctite thread locker would possibly help with that.. mine came apart once years ago but its cause it was done up to tight but its been fine since I got the hang of using it.. warming it up a bit helped too so less pressure required to create the coin/puck :yep:

• Like 1

@ReviveI have a similar little press, I squash it put it in my pocket and keep tightening it up. When you take it out warm, it’s lovely and soft. A night in front of the tv rolling and folding is highly recommended, the hash comes out much darker and the smell on your fingers is devine.

• Like 3