Lil Daves Adventures in Dry Sift

lildaveham

@Revive

Cheers man i hope it is a fun adventure.

They were a birthday present to myself for my 40th lol 

The screens are Skunk Sifter screens made in the UK from oak, the owner is a lovely guy and is very willing to chat about any questions you have. They also have a youtoob channel that explains the different techniques (static tech etc).

They really are the dogs bollocks, very well made and tensioned. They make the laborious and sometimes tedious job of dry sifting much nicer and who doesn't like a lovely bit of hardwood in their hands. lol 

I must say the above sift session was in no way an attempt to use the screens as intended, tbh it was a rather ham fisted rough attempt. I was very rough when breaking up the material as i wanted to do a hard and fast run to show the difference when the screens are used correctly and with gentle care. 

Thats what i hope for this thread, to refine the technique shown above and end up with the metly melty melt hash ....... eventually.

:yinyang:

• Like 20

Lovely photos @lildaveham I am a bit confused though.  Do you mind answering you, my questions 2?

All that sift (the first lot) came from just that small bag of trim?

How did you work it?

Sweet tooth auto is a favourite from my grows, if the original Sweet Tooth is much like it, I bet that is utterly delicious hash :)

• Like 1

@MidgeSmith

Cheers for the kind comments. 

Yes the first lot of sift came from that bag of trim/air bud.

It had been frozen for about 2-3 weeks waiting to be done. I put on gloves and first of all pick up the material and then kind of sprinkle it about the screen until the screen is covered. Then using a card I move it all back to one end and repeat, swapping ends.

The sweettooth was done for approximately 20 mins then the sift was collected up from each individual screen. 

Sweettooth apparently was the strain that kicked off the ice hash revolution too. The two I grew from Fleur du mal were quite different in structure but similar n smell and taste. Grapefruit and earthy pine skunk, one leaning one way and one the other. 

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 11

Wow! That's pretty great!  I am amazed how productive that amount of air bud was.  I will definitely have to give it a go.  I might have to grow couple of photo sweet-tooths too.  Happy memories.

Thanks for the reply and the post :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lildaveham said:

Cheers man i hope it is a fun adventure.

Oh im sure it will be lildaveham.. I want some of those screens,  I figure its a great investment and I hate the bubble runs so much ive got so much material backed up and I no ill never get through it unless I change my approach.. whats the damage on these mate? I can see there very well made and as a chippy I loves me a bit of hardwood ;)

This would be a new lil venture...you know what its like with something new i won't be able to wait and will throw myself in as soon as there in my possession.. I keep vac packing bits and bobs telling myself ill do a hash run soon but who am I kidding..theres not just bags of it now theres boxes of bags now bro its getting a tad silly tbh..if you can point me in the right direction ill jump straight on it for sure..great size those too bruv so I can get real busy instead of faffing about with smaller screens or boxes..never got into dry sift before but finding this thread will give me the kick in the butt i need to get on it :yep:

Much love brother :yinyang:

• Like 7

great thread dave

viva la hash revolution 

oh and thanks for your efforts

Edited by rumplestilskin'n
  • Like 2

@Revive

Sent you a PM, if you have loads of trim already stacked up mate these would do a great job of processing it. Winter for me is hashing season as the ambient temperature is good for keeping things cold. 

:yep:

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, rumplestilskin'n said:

great thread dave

viva la hash revolution 

oh and thanks for your efforts

Cheers man!!

Hope you enjoy what’s to come yet. 

• Like 3

Just now, lildaveham said:

@Revive

Sent you a PM, if you have loads of trim already stacked up mate these would do a great job of processing it. Winter for me is hashing season as the ambient temperature is good for keeping things cold. 

:yep:

This is just what I need right now bro, thanks so much. 

No heating in my gaff so its always pretty chilled lol

Have a great day dude :yep:

• Like 1

Good job lildave, it looks lovely. Those screens aren't too shabby either!:skin_up: Definitely a step above my print screens.lol

This is giving me the inspiration/ motivation to do some sifting again, great work mate! It will be good to see how yours and others techniques unfold too!

• Like 3