Lil Daves Adventures in Dry Sift

lildaveham

4 hours ago, Skit Rat said:

Didn't the aliens epoxy resin a palm sander to a tupperware type container then put the erb in the container silk over hole and lid, upside down vibrating the sift out .

Anyone with a vid would be great

love to see a video of this in action!

3 hours ago, Stigofthedank said:

love to see a video of this in action!

I'm sure it would work for smaller batches but the noise of the sander would drive me nuts I'm sure

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Revive said:
20 hours ago, Stigofthedank said:

I'm sure it would work for smaller batches but the noise of the sander would drive me nuts I'm sure

Hahaha 🤣 me too and woukd love to hear it lol

I’ve bought a couple of aluminium frame screens now. They are 32T and 43T which I think roughly equates to 175 and 135 micron.
There’s 80g more frozen Cream Caramel buds in the freezer and I’m hoping to make some hash and then decarb the leftovers and make infused coconut oil this weekend.
I plan to use the 175 as the work screen and then pass it through the 135 for the hash. Can anyone let me know if I need to get one of the anti-static brushes for the second screen? 

Posted (edited)

@yan

They should do the job, when you take your trim out the freezer let it sit and “defrost” or come to room temp before you start to sift it. 
If you start immediately it will attract the moisture in the air and won’t work as well. Remember it’s dry sift not frozen sift, thats made with dry ice :yep:

An anti static brush isn’t essential but if your going to buy one just get one off the bay of e or scamazon.

Happy sifting dude.

:smokin:

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 3

Ah ok for some reason I had it in my head that I should be using frozen material. I guess that advice is more for bubble hash. 
I’ll see how I get on without the brush first time around then if it’s not essential.

Thanks dude.

I had a quick sift before work this morning. I will have a go at pressing later. 
The sand on the right has been through the 135 micron screen. 

large.IMG_7138.jpeg.b0abc146a0aff34afd017dc95fafb79c.jpeg

Loads more than I expected, 13.5g

large.IMG_7139.jpeg.a15ab0de040bc37860a17070819fdd6d.jpeg

large.IMG_7143.jpeg.e2546b9ca8ee0833cb14bc2e2b56e013.jpeg

Thanks again for the help.
Hopefully I can press this ok using the same hot water bottle technique as last time. 

• Like 8

Looking lovely @yan

something nice to look forward to when you get home.

I'll be making some bubble today with 220 micron ( filter the crap)  and 25 micron ( catch the gold) .

Made some the other day : when the bubble hash dried it was put into a small, thick plastic freezer baggy and then submerged in just boiled water to ' melt  ' it then into the freezer to set while i put the kettle  on and skinned up.

enjoy.

• Like 3

@toki thanks for that tip. I did what you suggested with the hot water and it made this a lot easier. I hope you had a good bubble run. 

large.IMG_7159.jpeg.aecf081ac383c4248c89938a28fb75d0.jpeg

• Like 6
  • WOW 1