Lil Daves Adventures in Dry Sift

lildaveham

20 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

What the deuce?! Do you sit there twanging the straps to scintillate the trichomes through 

Nah, there’s a concrete vibration motor underneath the top board with a speed controller. The straps just hold the trimbin to the board. It works really well :yep:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flamedodger said:

Nah, there’s a concrete vibration motor underneath the top board with a speed controller. The straps just hold the trimbin to the board. It works really well :yep:

My flabber is firmly gasted!!! :george:

Thanks for the explanation, fascinating.  I will find a way!

Edited by MidgeSmith

So to ask a naive question which may also be stupid...  The mesh in the bottom of the trimbin... If you made has from sifting through that, would it be utter shite or just coarse compared to the finer screens you've bought to properly process it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MidgeSmith said:

So to ask a naive question which may also be stupid...  The mesh in the bottom of the trimbin... If you made has from sifting through that, would it be utter shite or just coarse compared to the finer screens you've bought to properly process it?

I would have thought the mesh size would be quite large so will prob let a lot of contaminates through and would need further cleaning to improve quality :yep:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Revive said:

I would have thought the mesh size would be quite large so will prob let a lot of contaminates through and would need further cleaning to improve quality :yep:

The mesh size on the trimbin is 150u, which is ideal for using one screen. I press my hash, so perfect for me :yep:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Flamedodger said:

The mesh size on the trimbin is 150u, which is ideal for using one screen. I press my hash, so perfect for me :yep:

So would you say you get good mids quality and is pressing it pressure only or pressure and heat like the hot bottle rolling pin solution?

Many thanks for the info, the trimbin is new to me and I have high hopes :)

• Like 2

Just now, MidgeSmith said:

So would you say you get good mids quality and is pressing it pressure only or pressure and heat like the hot bottle rolling pin solution?

Many thanks for the info, the trimbin is new to me and I have high hopes :)

It would still make great hash but will have some contaminates (plant matter) in it still.

Still good for smoking or making edibles etc but if your trying to achieve something close to full melt for dabbing it will need further refining :yep:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Revive said:

It would still make great hash but will have some contaminates (plant matter) in it still.

Still good for smoking or making edibles etc but if your trying to achieve something close to full melt for dabbing it will need further refining :yep:

Awesome thanks!  I don't dab :)

• Like 2

My first attempt at a bit of dry sift.. been waiting on some iso to clean the screens before there first use and was keen to have a crack..more a practice run this with some very old trim..

Never took any pics of the process just wanted to get a bit of after for it first.. collected in 4 grades with the final tiny bit of the glass table.. pressed in my shoe for an hour or so walk about, thanks for that tip @lildaveham then moulded a bit by hand heres what I got

large.20221212_124816_compress92.jpglarge.20221212_124825_compress72.jpglarge.20221212_124848_compress26.jpglarge.20221212_124953_compress68.jpglarge.20221212_125015_compress19.jpglarge.20221212_125102_compress83.jpgflas on flash off for the top 2 pics then its 165 micron,149, 75, and then what fell through the 75 onto the table top.

You can see the contaminates get getting less and less but have yet to use the static technology to really clean things up..still looks pretty decent and smells divine.

Be lucky :yinyang:

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, Revive said:

pressed in my shoe for an hour or so walk about,

I remember that old thread, "self leveling" I think where the words used to describe the consistency.... 

Looks nice mate, especially if you're just messing around with old trim. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Revive said:

You can see the contaminates get getting less and less but have yet to use the static technology to really clean things up..still looks pretty decent and smells divine.

Be lucky :yinyang:

That's ace.  I'm glad I stumped up for the Trimbin.  I can tell that there'll be a day when I have to get some finer screens in too :)

• Like 3