Lil Daves Adventures in Dry Sift

lildaveham

12 minutes ago, lildaveham said:

@MidgeSmith

Any pics? And when you say green brown slick how green? 

I only have a pic of it as a dark brown ball. and then as the flaky green brown thing after it cooled having been played with.

I'm guessing from your question that you think there is a good chance it has too much vegetable matter in it to bind and stay bound under duress? I suppose my surprise is that it made the dark marble the first time, but wouldn't since...

Pic 1 is when I first formed it.  Pic 2 is after playing with it a few times, hot rolling it each time afterwards...

large.20230103_152746.jpg

large.20230105_221749.jpg

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 2

Yep I was thinking that there may be plant matter stopping it bonding together. Looking at the pics it may benefit from a little drop or two of water and working by hand before pressing again with the bottle. 

:bong:

• Like 3

Water?  That's a surprise - it is clearly dried out though as you say.  Thanks for the advice Dave.  I will give it a whirl :)

Edited by MidgeSmith
  • Like 1

You mate @lildaveham are a star!!!  My silly brain forgot that you had mentioned letting some hash dry out if it was too wet and so on.  I just thought water wouldnt bind it, but it has worked a treat.  I only use a tiny amount and it stuck right back together!  Cheers :)

large.20230105_225912.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

How much do you folks dry bubble? @lildaveham

I got some crumbled and rest is drying in chunks, crumble seems to have less aroma, chunks smell like pure essence when i squezze them and am not sure to continue with crumble rutine and just leave it in chunks a bit longer save some flave? 73u

large.20240218_162805.jpg.d7f304294ee5b9large.20240218_162720.jpg.c7a37ed71f580f

Low grade

large.20240218_163229.jpg.31ce937246ebe0

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 3

@Herbal Kint

I dont bubble any more but when i did i tended to freeze the bubble and then after 48 hrs frozen grate the puck with a parmesan grater onto cardboard/parchment and dry for a week.

:hippy:

Edited by lildaveham
k
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, B-real said:

That low grade looks nice and shiney

Its red bag mate,i forgot how many u that is tbh,i just use blue work bag,red,yellow 73u and white 45u. I usto throw away red bag as it looked greenish but with this cut trims look like buds so hence better score i guess :unsure:

73u is hard but can be crushed,45 seems rock hard.

How come you ditched bubble for sift @lildaveham

Did you keep it in powder or press?

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1

For me, the last couple of times, ~45 goes soft after 2-3 months :)

Edited by MidgeSmith

2 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

How come you ditched bubble for sift @lildaveham

Did you keep it in powder or press?

Firstly because of the faff of all the ice and water needed then draining the bags became a nause.

Secondly i prefer the resulting hash, i feel there is something missing with bubble. I did grow up on squidgy black and crumbly polm though so its just personal preference really.

:hippy:

• Like 6

@lildaveham would you be able to take a pic of your sifters please? The bit where the screens attach. I am going to get my router table out and attempt to build some frames, but I’m not quite sure on the best way to attach the screen material. I’m going to build prototypes with some pine first, if they are ok I have some oak lined up 👍🏼

73u hella jelly bubble,160 next to it easy to spot

large.20240301_153909.jpg.74652e4102ba5alarge.20240229_233916.jpg.6a17e48a7a5d4f

large.20240301_154009.jpg.da3a0b555d9ecc

• Like 12
  • WOW 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the info in this topic I managed to get a small 3g ball from 50g of badly grown (light leak) Cream Caramel. I’ll get some silk printing frames soon as I have some more to do.
This was made using a couple of old bubble bags I already had just as a test. I used the work bag and then the next size, 175 micron I think, to get this. 

large.IMG_7058.jpeg.f829b73b4f3d311660e0d0c7800b48b0.jpeglarge.IMG_7060.jpeg.7d3162c082519d55a9f4924a36440e7e.jpeglarge.IMG_7067.jpeg.dd24c77d672a77dbef1889393e478629.jpeg

• Like 14

On 22/02/2024 at 22:16, Flamedodger said:

@lildaveham would you be able to take a pic of your sifters please? The bit where the screens attach. I am going to get my router table out and attempt to build some frames, but I’m not quite sure on the best way to attach the screen material. I’m going to build prototypes with some pine first, if they are ok I have some oak lined up 👍🏼

Mate ! im sorry i havent done this.

I will get some pics up this week for you.

:smokin:

36 minutes ago, lildaveham said:

Mate ! im sorry i havent done this.

I will get some pics up this week for you.

:smokin:

Ah no rush, thanks 👍🏼

• Like 1