Coco Grow Fed Once. Yes Once

Owderb

On 11/12/2022 at 6:11 AM, blackpoolbouncer said:

Nice result erb! 

Is this not just basically the same as osmocote? 

Went down this path years ago but I was never happy with the smoke dispite the ease and plants looking fine.

that was years ago though mate and if you look at the previous pic posted of the plant that got fed the slow release ferts it looks to have just been running out of ferts come harvest. now if you take that into consideration using your high powered led that you have, and add a couple of bits and bobs to get ya where you want to be.Then it might not be a bad thing ?

what reasons didn't you like it? was it because of the food levels left in the bud?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4kali said:

as always mate, that along with me needing some new glasses lol

on a positive note I just got back from specsavers after picking up my new jam jars  things could be looking up for 4k might stop making a cunt of myself now lol

lol you never make a cunt of yourself brother..  i laugh cause its normally me even with a decent set of binns lol

If lifes gonna be a roller coaster i wanner make sure I'm stoned when I get on ;)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 4kali said:

what reasons didn't you like it? was it because of the food levels left in the bud?

Because no matter what dosage I tried the end product was always wank imo comparatively 

Perhaps I'm fussy

Edited by blackpoolbouncer

@blackpoolbouncerWell that's what I wanted to hear. no nonsense straight to the point. just one last question before I come to any decision going foward. was you in coco

an inert medium or was you  using a mix that I'm familiar with you using now

ie your beds

@4kali was using clover peat. So essentially innert once the nutrients were used up which only takes about ten days. 

horticultural industry uses osmocote to grow just about everything but then not everything gets smoked 

Be interested to see what you think of the end product owd 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 4

Just thinking aloud... reckon this could be a game changer for outdoor/gg

Girls look lovely btw, par for the course with ya self though!

• Like 1

What Ive done is roll two spliffs. The Beanstalk fed one and obviously the other. I lit the Beanstalk first and took three good pulls then I tried the other. I thought this would be the best idea to see if there's a difference and I couldn't tell the difference. To me they were the same and also seemed to burn the same with the same coloured ash too so thats it. Job done. Now it will be interesting to see how others go with it. Good luck

Owd

• Like 18

Great read owderb

I did get some samples of this when ikon were looking to be uk wholesaler (but they didn't get it) 

Like you the results were better than expected 

I also added the beanstalk cal mag granules and there k boost

Just added water 

Perhaps a great way to start for a new grower? I've gone way to Complicated in the past and ignored Keeping It Simple and caused unnecessary problems

• Like 1

I've just bought this food for my flowering (Absolute flower & K-Boost) and V-basis for the bonsai mums. Not cheap, but the k-boost is only 1g/L so should last for 30+ grows. 

Only keep my mums for around 3 months anyway (before re-cloning for fresh mums), so the V-basis sounds almost perfect, only time will tell. Another multi-bonus with these products is that I can use the same reservoir for mums and flowering, and with just water, probably won't need much cleaning (if any). Runoff for me isn't a problem since installing a condensate pump, but no runoff means my reservoir could potentially keep things damp for weeks, especially if I install a float switch to keep it topped up. 

Imagine no cleaning or even topping up the res!! :yep:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Imagine no cleaning or even topping up the res!! :yep:

Float valve and a length of hose and you'll never have to refill, let alone top up :yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

It's a gamble for me, always thought the liquid feed was king. If it pays off, a whole new level of coolness and ease of growing for me. I'll keep the fish tank heater and circulation pump (MJ500) in the res, probably add the required amount of mono mg for my area, but float valve sounds like a possibly endless amount of hassle free growing for the future. Mixing up before final pots once, then doing fuck all for 3 months is exactly what the doctor ordered. 

Only stress I can see is keeping my mg levels correct after fresh water top ups. 

Currently my 90L res lasts 8 days before it's empty, and that's with 30%+ runoff. Without runoff, or their recommended 5-10% once/week, this could potentially last 5x longer so won't even need to top up. I'd also guess and say that long, I'd need a decent circulating pump, air stone and/or hydrogen peroxide to kill fungal attacks. 

Still a great possibility, even those who hand water. :yep:

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

add the required amount of mono mg for my area

If you really want to go balls to the wall, you could install a dosatron (£££) inline before your float valve, as the float valve activates and allows water to flow, it causes a siphon in the dosatron and draws (in this case) mono mg :yep: All you'd have to do is replace the bottle of mono Mg when it ran empty lol 

• Like 4

Exciting times for sure. If it was anyone else but Owderb I'd be sceptical, but that guy is who helped shape the way I grow so only natural to follow his path. 

Might be easier and simpler to simply chuck in some epsom salts with the feel pellets!!  lol

• Like 1

On 14/11/2022 at 4:16 PM, blerie420 said:

Just thinking aloud... reckon this could be a game changer for outdoor/gg

In what way?