Coco Grow Fed Once. Yes Once

Owderb

10 minutes ago, ratdog said:

what is the difference between soil and coco nutes?

Probably reduced K and extra Ca/Mg in coco nutes, but really if you buffer the coco can just use whatever.  

Remember though, depending on your water source you'll want to amend with some kind of PH buffer, for the same reasons they sling a load of dolodust into peat to make 'soil'.    

• Like 3

@ratdog  I dunno mate , I think it's a bit of advantageous marketing to an extent, us humble garden centres sell blocks of Coco on the regular but nowhere will you see a bottle of Coco specific feed.

If anything I imagine Coco nutes are just saltier water than normal nutes to take into account the scavenging nature of coir.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Amarillo slim said:

Remember though, depending on your water source you'll want to amend with some kind of PH buffer

in coco too? i'm using coco, feeding with beanstalk and no phing at all, plants are the best i've had with two weeks veg in the final pot, i've flipped early because they are monsters and i've grown this cut at least three times in the last 18+ months

expense aside, if i can replicate this exact model with cheaper nutes i'm all for it, but no phing is the first rule lol

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 4kali said:

might as well ask (meaning)????

If the water source is quite acidic, you need to add something like dolomite lime or calcified seaweed,  if coco unbuffered its good to have these anyway for extra Ca and Mg, and are beneficial for keeping PH stable (regardless of water), and for organic (soil life).  

If your water is an unusually high PH, your best adding vinegar to bring it down closer to neutral.  Which I'm sure would also be true when using Beanstalk.  

• Like 4

My SCROG 8L fabric pot after nearly 10 weeks in coco Growers Ark coco hard water with 30% runoff. 

Seems excessive but this is normal for me.

large.IMG-0075.JPG

From what I remember mate yes. Basically the smaller the piece of plant you start off with the less mutations/viruses it's going to have so the less it has to replicate, bit like how they use meristem to "clean" a plant that has HPLVD. 

• Like 2

From what I understand, 

when you get to such a small piece of internal material (culture), 

It's almost like stem cells, 

so they have no age to them. 

Probably a massive oversimplification lol

I'm sure someone like @cursed can probably explain better, 

or at least confirm if I'm taking out ma botty lol

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

how we thinking this stuff would do with seedlings in coco?

ive always had an issue with bringing through healthy seeds in coco

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

@greenvigilante They do a ‘V-Basis’ meant for mams n young ‘uns. 

I'm diving in with this product once the new mums have rooted. Says it lasts 90 days and can be top dressed. Means I'll have to make new mums every 3 months but that doesn't bother me. Might also try top dressing over the 90 days to see if I can get another month on the shelf life. 

For me it's all about less/no run off and just plain water. :yep:

• Like 1

It’s worth a go @Slippy One. Same here, getting shut of run off kills me. Im about to put a plant in to flower tomorrow in an 11L. Been vegging two weeks now with the one pot pack. Rooted down nice. Looks healthy. Seems okay so far. Don’t see why the other products wouldn’t be as good.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

@greenvigilante They do a ‘V-Basis’ meant for mams n young ‘uns. 

magic mate.   

going to grab some now cos its the only thing i struggle with

ive got 0.0ec water from the tap and it always seems like if i dont feed full strength nutes i get a few macro defs so until they are big enough for full strength its a pain

• Like 1