Coco Grow Fed Once. Yes Once

Owderb

1 hour ago, Owderb said:

I didn't look but I rip all my root balls up and I never noticed anything. I think if there would have been balls in there I would have noticed them I'd have thought 

Owd

thanks, i guess they must be different from the osmocote ones then, and degrade much faster, lots of stories on the net of the other ones hanging around for ages in compost

• Like 1

Different to "some of" the osmocote ones lol

I'll shut up about it now, it's not my money and not everyone is a tight cunt like me lol

• Like 1

@GSZZ Should have just asked you to chime in really, you've explained it twice as well with half the waffle. Guess it helps when you actually know what your taking about lol

In a way it almost makes me reluctant to keep cuts/mother's. The idea of falling in love with a plant and then (possibly) having to watching it slowly fade into degredation after spending years becoming more and more attached to it isn't a very nice one. It seems somewhat futile.

Maybe (for me at least) it would be better to just bask in the fleeting glory of a beautiful plant, enjoy it for what it is and then let it pass by naturally. Afterall everything in life/nature is transient, there's no real way of getting away from that.

I dunno...  

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ratdog said:

didn't know you had tried them all lol

Yeah mate, did it this afternoon lol

Anyway shh. You'll set me off again lol.

7 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

You'll set me off again

looks like you can do that to yourself lol

i'll let you know in a couple of months what my coco looks like ;)

• Like 1

It's these new meds I'm on mate, I'm just strapped in for the ride at this point lol

We already know what it will look like, owd just told us. Or are you using osmo? 

Fucks sake at this rate I'm going to end up doing side by side tests and shit lol

My seed plant bred for outdoors, that has been cloned at least 2 dozen times since 2018 produced the best outdoor seasons in terms of taste and potency. I understand the risks but I’m not scientific about it, as there’s too many factors but it’s been 5 years and if anything, there’s been an improvement! lol 

even bananas are clones of clones of clones of clones 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

..of clones of clones 

:D 

like i said, why bother to change the mother plant purely from the point of effort? :unsure:

i really couldn't be arsed to reclone and grow on every 3-6 months unless i was flowering, otherwise i would just keep the one as a mother indefinitely :D

20 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

My seed plant bred for outdoors, that has been cloned at least 2 dozen times since 2018 produced the best outdoor seasons in terms of taste and potency. I understand the risks but I’m not scientific about it, as there’s too many factors but it’s been 5 years and if anything, there’s been an improvement! lol 

even bananas are clones of clones of clones of clones 

Always think on how much your skills will have grown in those 5 years :yep: I'm not here telling anyone how to get on, as we've all got our own way of doing things and if it works and gives favourable results then keep doing it I say ! 

• Like 6

@ratdog it’s true, I’ve nearly lost said outdoor plant through brutal trimming, now I always keep 2 of her. Only saved through cloning back to better root stock a few years back but still s corker, of a previous corker, from the previous corker.. lol 

mums in coco surely get s bit salted in the roots by month 6?! I know the drain trays, fabric pots and everything else gets a nice calcified sheen to it, surely the old roots are bo exception? 

large.IMG_8432.jpgDouble post. Anyway, here’s why I suck at keeping mums in coco beyond 6 months: 

Edited by Slippy One
  • Like 3

large.image_6483441.JPG
I chose the best of 3 to be another mum and flower one lucky one. Keeps things compact. It’s ideal for Beanstalk”s 90 day feed once program using VBasis veg food, as it’s almost what I do anyway. 

no runoff will take some getting used. Might need to rethink the irrigation, like swap the pump for something smaller like a drip valve, dropping 2ml per min..

I would also guess the no runoff rule is to prevent Beanstalk nutrients being washed away

• Like 1