Coco Grow Fed Once. Yes Once

Owderb

4 hours ago, MindSoup said:

you've explained it twice as well with half the waffle.

Eh. 

I think you explained things pretty well with  "its not generic drift. It's more to do with various viruses etc that build up in a plant over time." 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Slippy One said:

here’s why I suck at keeping mums in coco

that's all i was getting at, you didn't mention this before, if you had i wouldn't have kept on, i just wondered why you kept doing it, mystery solved. yes, coco can be a bitch, my first go was a disaster, that was in small pots and i wasn't prepared for how fast they dry out, doing 15ltr pots gives me some time to keep on top of it and not ph/ec bollocks for a luddite like me!

if there's a way to get this set up a bit cheaper i'd be well up for it, i'm still not going to say no just yet, but i'd be buying in bulk and not those little packets lol

Just looked at beanstalk on ecothrive website,  says its £12.95 for a 1 pot pack! So thats enough for one 15L pot? :unsure:  

Comparatively osmocote would cost a 25p!  (25kg bag price) 

Osmocote bloom 2-3 month with some calcified seaweed works well indoors in coir. Though personally if the weed was for smoking, id go organic with the FF dry feed or chicken shit / guano / castings along with calcified (5gpl) and maybe some dry seaweed meal.   

Would be great seeing some side by sides but unless the beanstalk plants grow breasts and give you a tit-wank I really can't see how the price can be justified...

• Like 8

Sounds like the beanstalk just has a thinner coating than branded osmocote meaning it'll cycle through faster.

The way I see it it's probably the same as osmo just thinner walled to take into account the quicker turnaround of the crop it's marketed for, there's no point in having a fert blob that lasts for 6 months (take osmocote tablets for example) and hoofing that into a plant that's gonna be done and dusted in half that time.

We generally use evergreen's miracle gro slow release balls for feeding at the garden centre and these too will easily hang around for 6+ months in pots but they're for the most part going onto shrubs and perennials not fast growing annual food crops , also they state (or used to) only for use on ornamental plants.

:yinyang:

• Like 3

@BilgePump you probably know better than me but I'm pretty sure I can remember seeing different versions of osmocote that last for different times and or have different nutrient profiles.

• Like 3

@MindSoupThey definitely have different nute profiles yeah, Amarillo referred to their bloom recipe earlier on in the thread, a nice little touch is they list all the micro nutrients pretty extensively which you don't normally see on amateur fertilizer products.

I think there's bound to be an almost identical formulation to beanstalk in osmo even if it ends up being a blend of pro red , bloom and or start but , probably the latter two I reckon, maybe pro red for outdoors (that's their 3-4 month pellet).

Eeesh it's confusing but I'm sure one of you tight sods will crack it at some point... I'm half tempted myself..

• Like 4

Anyone who thinks it's expensive haven't broken it down into grows. The K-Boost 454g bag alone will last me over 40 grows. It's actually cheap as chips compared to the liquid feeds, which 30%+ gets flushed.. 

Edited by Slippy One

Just now, MindSoup said:

25p per plant per grow cheap though? 

Oh I see, that's cheap. Any links to coco grows using osmocote?  Can they compare to Beanstalk with watering etc? 

23 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

maybe pro red for outdoors (that's their 3-4 month pellet).

Spring planted photoperiods you'll want the 5-6 month to keep them green up till the end.  

large_SM.jpg

large.M.jpg

• Like 9

is osmocote ok for coco?

and if so, what is the difference between soil and coco nutes? and why is osmocote suitable and regular nutes not suitable for coco?

• Like 1

@ratdogi see plants in Coco with osmo in all the time, mostly houseplants.

And if it's a mineral fert no difference really, just adjust the ratios, the GH powders I use have schedules for soil , Coco and hydro, one bag of feed does all 3.

@Amarillo slim yeah fair point bro ... Excellent use of the ganoderma applanatum too :skin_up:

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 2

Just now, BilgePump said:

i see plants in Coco with osmo in all the time

so why is it suitable for both soil and coco, but coco has specific nutes when it comes to liquid feed?