Coco Grow Fed Once. Yes Once

Owderb

@Owderb should i add some light nutes to my first watering in the coco as it's going to be a week before the beanstalk kicks in?

i have some kickstart or formulex i could use

@ratdog

I didn't mate. I potted into my 11 from a 1.5ltr with just root stim. I was told not to add any nutrient based feed at all so never gave it a second thought

Owd

• Like 5

20 hours ago, 4kali said:

@Notorious B.U.D yes mate I seen someone post a thread on them the other day. 

Which thread is that again mate?…lol

20 hours ago, 4kali said:

@Notorious B.U.D it does sound good to me but I just can't get my head round the fact that,with them being a slow release fertelizer, then how can you possibly suit the plants needs when for example there's about 5 different stages of a flowering plant all needing tweeks/ different nutrient ratios at the various stages.

I was thinking the exact same mate but I suppose with the slow release of nutrients with all the different elements needed that it works similar to soil where the plant just takes what it needs at any given stage of flower :unsure:

I was looking at the auto pot range the other day and seen that you can buy the aqua valves to use in large trays so I’m thinking of maybe trying that out with one of my monsters as it’s a fairly cheap setup being I’ve already got the trays and tanks :yep:

• Like 1

@Notorious THC that's similar to what I did last time mate but three 15 litre autopots in  120 by 40 cm trays. one aquavalve like you say. will be nice to follow especially with people using high powered leds. would be even more nice if the slow release feed are sufficient to support an high powered led. wouldn't it just.

Edited by 4kali
  • Like 3

You back on that strong shit again @4kali lol it’s B.U.D not THC lol

Yeah it will be interesting to see how other people get on with it on here and I’ll probably make my final decision after seeing those results but I do already have a fair bit of confidence in it due to @Owderb posting this as we all know he knows his stuff when it comes to growing in coco (or anything else!) and wouldn’t even post about it if he didn’t think it was up to scratch.

It’ll be a while before I’ll get chance to try it out anyway so no doubt quite a few peeps will have already tried it by the time I do..I know @ratdog has already got some pups planted up into it so I’ll be checking in there to see how things progress :yep:

• Like 11

Nice result erb! 

Is this not just basically the same as osmocote? 

Went down this path years ago but I was never happy with the smoke dispite the ease and plants looking fine.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Is this not just basically the same as osmocote?

No idea. I heard something that tweaked my interest and tried it and thats about it

Owd

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 2

I've just bought another 10L (2x5L) Growers Ark hardwater bloom tubs so will be a few months before I can try this. I use automatic watering so don't mind mixing nutrients but using only water would mean no need to clean the res ever. 

I'll eventually try using this product on my bonsai mums in coco too, as I usually only keep them 90 odd days. For me, run off is a pain and technically a waste of nutrients, so no run off and just water would be great. 

I look forward to seeing more coco growers using Beanstalk. :yep:

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 1:38 PM, 4kali said:

only just realiased it was this thread @ratdog lol

I thought I was in notorious buds journal

so apologises to all

Stoned again 4K lol

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Revive said:

Stoned again 4K lol

as always mate, that along with me needing some new glasses lol

on a positive note I just got back from specsavers after picking up my new jam jars  things could be looking up for 4k might stop making a cunt of myself now lol

• Like 5